It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Stalking Cat' Daniel Avner found dead in 'suicide' after years of transforming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
"Him who don't fit through the needle's eye
Him who just don't understand
Understand, understand, understand

A brand new sense of freedom
A brand new sense of time
Him may go and stand alone now
And leave the hate and fear behind"

Gil Scott Heron (Needles Eye)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

A friend of my Dad's in high school was told by an old Indian that he had some prophecy related to cats. One night they were out drinking, and the guy suddenly looks at the stars and tells his friends to watch 3 of the stars, and he would merge them into one. They thought he was crazy, but the stars moved first from a triangle to a straight line, and then into a single bright point. They freaked out and when they turned back to look at him, he asked them to feel his hand, and my Dad grabbed it and said it felt like a cats paw. The guy then takes off running way out across a field, and when he didn't turn and come back, they decided they better chase him, they went through a ditch, climbed a fence, and just when he went out of sight, they started to run after him, and he popped up a few feet in front of them! Things were getting very freaky at that point, and they asked him to knock it off, and he said it didn't matter, he would be dead by the end of the week anyway. Long story short, a couple of days later he opened the passenger door of his mother's car while they were driving across town, and he rolled out of the speeding car and into traffic and was dead. He wasn't depressed, he was a popular kid, and he had good friends and a good family.

Don't know if that relates to this guy's story or not, but apparently native americans and cat prophecies can really mess up a person's head whether it is real or imagined.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Good heavens, how sad. First of all, because he was obviously a troubled soul. Secondly, because he didn't even look like a cat, he looked...well, kind of monstrous. The term "Body Dysmorphic Disorder" doesn't even begin to cover this type of thing.

I hope he finds the peace in death that he couldn't seem to find in life.

I'm sorry for this troubled man. I hope he comes back as a cat so that he could finally be happy.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

Crazy story! I am not sure what to say even, but crazy story!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Don't be sad. Cats have nine lives.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Guys,I think this might be an internet hoax........

@Salem_Kapsaski Update from the same source I learned of the suicide rumor. Someone reached his agent and agent says he is alive.

Ok.. there's something rather confusing here for me.. I did some more research on the funeral request route..

Stalking Cat GoFund page..

According to this article: Dennis Avner: Cat Man found dead in apparent suicide after years of body modification,

According to Wikipedia, that would be a correct assumption, that it is Dennis Avner (it also list him as dying Nov 5th)

edit on 11/15/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/15/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
What? He didn't get run over by a car?
Sorry, I can't stand these people who try to be something else instead of what they are.
Like, hey God! You screwed up giving me this perfect human form!
I want some puss and boots and fresh litter too while I'm complaining.
Attention whores

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You know what? There are billions upon billions of humans on the planet. Maybe there is some pysch issues there, but at the end of the day, if this one guy wants to look like a cat, I don't see the harm if it made him happy.

I don't think the modifications were his undoing, but rather a long depression, which any person can fall into.

PS: You guys know it's "good riddance" right?

edit on 16-11-2012 by smilesmcgee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I also wish there was an answer as to why he had "reptilian" tattoos.

A chimera is not a cat and there is no cat connection to a chimera. He wouldnt want to be called catman if he was trying to be a lizard cat human thing. He would pick a much better fit name I assume.

Hmm...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Aww, this is sad news. I remember seeing him on TV a long time ago. He seemed like a kind person. I hope he has found some peace now.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's fairly obvious. The only thing on this man's mind was the feline. Unfortunately, he was incarnated on this planet as a human. Maybe he has been given a second chance in the correct form.

Look he even tried to tattoo some paws...

I wonder where he went when he was ill, the doctor or veterinarian?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Seen this guy on T.V, but cant put my finger on where........

This guy was filled with "character".

Maybe he was at the end of his transformation. Like any human who decides to go like this.

I say Peace.

S&F

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Rest in peace catman.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
the cats got em

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
If he's dead, i am sad for our loss. It doesn't matter anyone's opinion of "his" looks...it didn't matter our opinions to "him" so none of that matters now. What really saddens me is that after "his" death, suddenly there is conversation, debate, sharing ideas; because if this dialogue could have happened with "him" what sort of revelations would the partcipants enjoyed?

After having watched "his " videos, seen the photos, etc...i believe this person to be a genetically human female. Look at the photos again....it becomes rather obvious. Yet, even that is just our voyerism...gender wasn't what Stalking Cat was about, he/she was about following a spiritual path to the degree 99.9% of us cannot even comprehend. In another culture this person would be elevated to a saint hood, but our own cultural/visual/programmed responses prevent us from even beginning to understand this person's journey.

So, I ask, that all of us research again, re-listen, re-watch, re-think. And wonder what is "out there'?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Just an insult to the felines.

But again, what human is not an insult to something.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I just want to add that as i think about Stalking Cat's death, i feel a loss. A loss in the sense that this was someone who was living their life on their own terms...to thepoint they were adjusting the physical perception to match the spiritual...that is a huge sacrifice this person made in this life to make that match happen. Stalking Cat has always had my respect as an individual who follows a calling most of us will never grasp. Oh yeah, plenty of people will look at the photos and knee-jerk a response" oh he's a nut='big loss'" and make fun. But Stalking Cat wasn't about being a clown. Stalking Cat was about being Stalking Cat.
If any of us can follow our own paths to the degree Stalking Cat did, none of us would have a use for ATS. And I believe the founders/owners of ATS would agree.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
To all those knocking this guy, you shouldn't, takes balls to do that to yourself, you folks are just a bunch of pussies

How am I pussy for not wanting to do that. I don't want to do that not because I'm scared, but because I wouldn't spend 200,000 to 'look like a cat' only to end up looking like a monster.

Cats look like cats, and humans look like humans. Just because I don't want to do it doesn't mean I'm scared to.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
It's a conspiracy, I'm sure you sleuths will get to the bottom of it.

A man doesn't spend all this time effort into something just to off himself.

First time I've heard of the guy.

*Possible he was testing to see if he had 9 lives. Who knows.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Wow, I find this very disturbing...not this guy's personal decisions about his own appearance but the intolerance and condemning nature of many of the comments. Opinions are one thing but some of you should work for the government and hurry up and get those conformity squads up and running to do away with anyone who dares do something unusual or unique - no matter that it may be harmless self expression and dealt with as easily as looking the other away but in a world with murderers, organized crime, corrupt leaders and economic strife definitely get the ones that really matter as they might possibly cause some minor to try to get plastic surgery themselves or even a striped tattoo and of course those immoral surgeons and artists would oblige without hesitation. and heaven forbid anyone thnk its okay to look or - actually be different !

Thankfully we have enough people qualified in psychiatric diagnosis to agree this man is mentally unstable and his reported suicide unquestionably is simply the inevitable result of a lifetime of unhinged decisions and the realization of such, not anything like the current state of the world, or perhaps even the unthinkable (ie factors we simply have no clue about since we didnt know this man or what may have been going on with his health, finances, being tired of nasty people who try to impose will and ideals on others, etc). And speaking of finances, again it absolutely should not have been his choice or business how to spend his money especially if theres not enough left to even give him a decent burial, because the money anotherperson makes or has should be always be used selflessly and for the assumed greater good and everyone knows that and agrees on what is important. Forget things like movie budgets and nice clothes (walmart clothes may be just as functional but who would bother sith that crap) and new cars and the computer you're using and bought to do essential things like check celebrity gossip and judge others, by all means go after some weirdo freak like this guy instead of going after those with enough power and money to actually make any difference in the world because the rich and powerful wont listen anyway and this guy obviously is incompetent and the doctors who operated on him and the tv shows that interviewed him and ran stories about him did so because he is dangerous and those resources had no better use or purpose anyway like tv educating the masses. calling attention to events where people are suffering and need immediate help, or using the time it took to write the posts slamming this guy to write to an elected official, research or share truly important issues - I'm sure you can see what I'm saying: we are all guilty of not doing enough, doing less than we could, wasting time on frivolity that could instead be used for far more noble and downright practical purpose. In other words, if you want to criticize someone else's perceived or assumed shortcomings or gross indulgence, don't bother as its far more logical and has greater potential to succeed (if done with earnest intent) to instead turn that spotlight and critique mode on yourself. Of course most people won't as its too humiliating to accept your own shortcomings and excuse-making and even more difficult to actually do the hard work and selfless redirecting of funds and actions to the worthy causes everyone espouses when pointing out the selfishness of others. Far, far easier and less challenging to comfortable but highly innacurate self views to instead attack other people who selfishly act and engage in obvious unbalanced selfish acts.

Far better to denounce and control the freaks as the sensitive masses might find someone's appearance distasteful enough to lose their appetite for a moment, so why would one simply turn their head when you can instead focus on the abhorrent? And protect others by calling for the need of policing what others do with their own bodies because obviously you know better...and of course we must protect the delicate and impressionable children from exposure to new and different ideas & people instead of using it as opportunity to talk to them about the number of people on this world and peacefully coexisting with the myriad differences we all have and will encounter many, many times during their lives, and how to understand and determine how those differences might be beneficial, harmful, or simply a statement of individual preferences. In other words, learn the difference between issues that truly need people to focus and work for solutions versus that which is intolerance and people wanting to control others for something like personal appearance - and just unusual and bizarre, not patently offensive or intended to offend by taking cherished icons or religious symbols and doing something that would provoke outrge mind you. It truly bothers me that others are so bothered by something like this! Use your energy for things that matter and help people!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join