It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Hour Energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
How many of you have had a 5 Hour Energy? What does its buzz feel like if you could explain? Does it give an initial buzz or does the buzz last about 5 hours? And how does it taste?

I was thinking about trying one for the first time. I've tried other energy drinks, but not 5 Hour Energy because it looks really small. About how much does a bottle of 5 Hour Energy cost anyway? Anyone know?

So far Monster is my favorite energy drink.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Don't drink energy drinks.

They are poison.

There have been 15 reported deaths attributed to the use of 5 Hour Energy. It's basically the 100 cups of coffee...

Please do your body a favor and quit that crap, if you want energy, eat an apple or drink Chlorophyl.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yes, I've heard about the deaths, but I have no pre-existing condition. For a short while in the recent past I would drink 1 can once a week. I been certain that 1 can once a week can't cause me any bad side effects. Now I think I'll be having one on special occasions. Like when I am going to watch an action movie, because I think the buzz will highten my overall movie experience.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
PLEASE, for your own well being, stay away from 5 hour energy drinks and energy drinks in general.

I recently almost lost a close friend to these. Energy drinks are not regulated by the FDA. The levels of caffeine in each brand are usually under reported. For instance the 5 hour drinks have the same caffeine as 24 CUPS OF COFFEE!!!

For more energy and to better your health in general try the natural way first. Try herbs, music, exercise, and so forth.

Be will my ATS friend.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I have had them before and they dont do anything for me up and down real quick.

even energy drinks effects seem to diminish faster than good ol coffee.

Right now I drink mainly coffee but I like to drink a rip-it (cheap 99 cent energy drink similar to monster in some of their flavors) when I drink beer to offset the sedative nature of beer.

5 hour sucks dont waste your money. rip it works better than monster imo. full throttle is pretty good too.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
5 hour energy drinks are expensive for what little they give you.

They are about the same as the other bigger energy drinks you are used too, but since the caffeine is concentrated in such a small about of liquid - it makes you feel it more. The vitamins in it are a bonus and do really curb hunger.

But for the experience - try guzzling your next regular energy drink within 30 secs. The caffeine rush you get is comparable with the 5 hour energy drinks...without the sugar rush. But if I were you, I'd go with the cheaper stacker brand 6 hour energy drinks - same rush and alert feeling w/no sugar rush (but for some reason it *tastes like feet). Just be sure to drink a glass of water after you guzzle one down.
edit on 19-11-2012 by ChuckNasty because: *takes - tastes

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

B-12 supplements are not a bad substitute either if taken with consistency.

top topics

join