It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updating PDF'S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Okay, I've been screwing with this for 2 hours now and I'm at wits end. Is there anyway I can add and/or subtract links on a PDF file? The file was converted from an Open Office text document. I can access the links and update the info. on the text doc., but I'd rather be able to do it all on PDF.

Thanx in advance.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Nitro is a free PDF editor/save program. Personally, I do all my PDF editing and creation in Adode programs like Photoshop, Illustrator or Indesign. If it's worth a bit of time and you have a spare couple gigs, you can always download part of the Adobe suites in a 30 day trial mode for full access to all the PDF control you'd ever want. Download the Acrobat parts with everything else and you're cooking for at least a month. Then drop back to Nitro or one of the other full featured PDF programs. There are a few now. Hope that helps!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank you Wrabbit, I'll try that. The text converts straight from my O.O. to Adobe, but I haven't upgraded Abobe lately. That sounds like the cure.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Easier to edit the4 original doc and print to PDF if you have Acrobat Pro. Or go for the free version here: CutePDF

This way it will be like 10 mins or less and you are done.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

As a monthly newsletter editor, I find they are always not-editable and are locked in design. When I started, Id get a PDF sent from a 2nd party and on to me, making it 3 deep. (Would get a message saying that editing is dis-abled in this PDF)..

It would say to convert it to another format and ENABLED EDITING. Many, many PDF are not editable, and going from that point, its easy to see your confusion. I used to tear my hair out...until I learneed to paste it into something new, or get a copy of it in editable form.

At this point, we not longer accept PDF's for the newsletter...because they tend to be...in our case at least, that its not only say 3rd generation...but forwarded farther on the line....and that 1st-original...was not editable.

new topics

top topics

join