It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia passes law making it treason to say anything that goes against the goverment, Are we going to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Russia has put a new anti-treason provision into law on Wednesday that states in effect that anyone that says anything derogatory towards Putin or the government can be arrested and charged with treason! The prison time can be up to 20 years.
When the law was challenged Putin said he will probably look it over.
With the way things are going in the United States I wonder how far away we are from the very same treatment here? When some 22 year old girl stupidly tweeted (on Obama being re-elected) she used the “n” word and said “I hope he is assassinated!” . The left jumped all over this and some people ‘turned her in’ and the government got involved and are now decided if they should try her for “threats against the president!” which she did not do! The statements were terrible and racist but I feel her freedom of speech has been violated!
What about all the anti-Romney and Ryan tweets hoping for their assassinations calling white people names, hoping there would be riots (which someone on this board advocated just that!). Actress Stacey Dash was threatened and one well-known MD in Washington told her she should “kill herself!” One person was tweeting asking if anyone knew of a ‘stronger’ word than ‘Cracker’ to use in his anti-white racist rant!
Then there was the website idiots that collected all the anti-Obama tweets and turned them into their schools! What’s worse some of the schools were deciding how to punish these kid that were ratted out (by rats!). This is so much like Germany when the Nazi’s took over, these kinds of people that are suffering from perhaps inferiority complexes became snitches on their neighbors, friends and sometimes family!
People, we are headed in that direction and these kind of people will continue to play into this government until it is too late for all of us, they will find their freedoms being challenged as well!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Do you have a source link?

Freedom of speech?

Using words that can be defined as to incite violence is not 'freedom of speech'. Most states have criminal laws in place that prohibit anyone from verbalizing such action. If someone in a mob is shouting, 'Let's burn this town!' That person could be arrested for 'inciting a riot' for example.
Directed toward a president.... with a racial slur? Buh bye.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
what freedom of speech?

this is the oligarchy of america you do not speak ill of your overlords here

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

This is exactly like 1938 and since people don't seem to learn
from their mistakes,we are bound to repeat them.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wulff
With the way things are going in the United States I wonder how far away we are from the very same treatment here? When some 22 year old girl stupidly tweeted (on Obama being re-elected) she used the “n” word and said “I hope he is assassinated!” . The left jumped all over this and some people ‘turned her in’ and the government got involved and are now decided if they should try her for “threats against the president!” which she did not do! The statements were terrible and racist but I feel her freedom of speech has been violated!
What about all the anti-Romney and Ryan tweets hoping for their assassinations calling white people names, hoping there would be riots (which someone on this board advocated just that!). Actress Stacey Dash was threatened and one well-known MD in Washington told her she should “kill herself!” One person was tweeting asking if anyone knew of a ‘stronger’ word than ‘Cracker’ to use in his anti-white racist rant!

Except that saying things like she said have resulted in an investigation by the Secret Service of some kind for a very long time. Sometimes it was a simple background check, other times they would talk to your neighbors and coworkers, and in a few occasions, it resulted in a visit at your home to determine if you were a threat. Making threats against a President is a Class D felony and has been for a long time.

The threats against Romney weren't investigated in the same way, because it's not a crime to say those things about a presidential candidate. If he had been elected and the comments were made, then they would have been investigated just like these were.
edit on 11/15/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's Russia

Not like this wasn't expected some point in the near future.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Source?

I'm interested, as i've been following the whole pussy riot stuff.
Not long ago (few weeks) putin stated that the 3 girls shouldn't have be jailed.

If what you are saying is true, putin has made an idiot of himself.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Back to the good ol' Stalin times....everywhere

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

story bad

sources good...

doesn't sound good but I'd like to see some actual source information about the claim.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I thought it was law already as the pussy riot girls had already been jailed in august.

m.guardiannews.com...

Though one ( the quietest) was freed the other two still have to serve the full 2years of their sentence.

m.guardiannews.com...

I know i know that's Russia stuff like that is supposed to happen. Never here ... yeah right. The freedom of speech that we enjoy is an illusion hanging on by the slimmest thread. I believe that it wont be long before our first amendment rights are completely nonexistent right in step with everyone else.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Sorry everyone, here are some sources:
www.columbiatribune.com...
uk.news.yahoo.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Why does that not surprise me.....

I believe Stalin and Dzerzhinsky were Icons to Putin.

"History repeats itself"

This will go great in my report. Got to go bookmark it.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Why does that not surprise me.....

I believe Stalin and Dzerzhinsky were Icons to Putin.

"History repeats itself"

This will go great in my report. Got to go bookmark it.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

You are SO right, people are going down the path that brought the world to total war in the middle of the last century but people did not learn ANYTHING!
The 1st World War they called "The War to end all wars!" people are as naive today as they were 100 years ago!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Putin is back in office, what did anyone expect?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

I believe this law is against the NGO organizations which are plotting out the protests.

top topics

join