Is it Just Me... Or Is Tom Hardy THE BOMB YO!

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Last night I settled in, turned on my little space heater ( it's cold weather time in my neck of the world ) and began watching a movie called Lawless. It was a decent movie, at least for the most part. And the fact that one of my favorite performers, Nick Cave, had written it, I had high hopes for it. Even so... bad movies on a "movie night" are still enjoyable - so I was content.

What I did not expect was to end up walking away with a new favorite actor.

Until last night I was always a Johnny Depp fan. Forget those freaking Pirate movies. I ignore them and believe that Depp simply did them to get a GIANT Disney payday. I am talking about the Depp who did movies like Donnie Brasco, The Ninth Gate, Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, The Astronauts Wife, Blow, From Hell, Secret Window, Finding Neverland, The Libertine, Public Enemies, and The Rum Diary. A man with a prolific career and amazing talent.

However there is a new guy on the scene named Tom Hardy and he's good!

I actually was hesitant to even pay attention to Tom Hardy because one of his first major roles was in a terrible, terrible movie called Star Trek Nemesis. He played a clone of Jean Luc Picard and I, personally thought it was just God awful. In fact so awful that it took me about a dozen tries just to get through the full film. This tainted my opinion.

Sure, he'd had a part in Band of Brothers prior to that. But who the heck can remember ANYONE specific from that mini series? It was a great project but was overkill on the number of characters we were supposed to keep up with.

But since?

Most will know him as Bane from The Dark Knight Rises - as this is his most high profile role to date. But he also kicked BUTT in movies like Sucker Punch, RocknRolla, Inception, and Warrior.

The guy in an incredible actor!

Oh, and he's playing the legendary Max Rocketansky in the remake of MAD MAX!!!

If you haven't already exposed yourself to the work of Tom Hardy, please do so. This guy is going to be the next mega star IMO.

Mad Max remakes... This makes me smile!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Tom Hardy is a cool guy. You should see Bronson if you like him. Their is some clips on YouTube where he describes how he meet the real life Bronson, pretty interesting.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I will agree that he is good. I really like him as an actor. Let's hope he doesn't do something to make hollywood angry. (thinking Cuba Gooding Jr., where'd he go?)

But I am not sure about this whole Mad Max remake!!!!!!
I freaking love the original. What if they ruin it like Red Dawn?

I'm just old and like it when they stay true to the originals.

Look what they did to Deathrace 2000!!!

The original may have been campy, but it was awesome!!!!!
edit on 15-11-2012 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ya know, there actually is a ''People' Forum'

You should check out Warrior [2011].
(Tom Hardy, Nick Nolte and Joel Edgerton)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

yup hes a good actor.... have you seen Bronson?

Its a crazy movie!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Just discovered that the movie is on my service and will watch it whenever I get ready to relax!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Good luck relaxing with that movie...

Lmao!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Akragon

Just discovered that the movie is on my service and will watch it whenever I get ready to relax!

on your service ?

i have that same service to

and it came out yesterday/today

is it good ? i wasnt sure to watch it
but i almost did because there is many good actors in it
so let me know if it really worth the watch

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

HEFF!! You mad man, where is the mention of Bronson!

That was the role I first saw him in, and he can change is appearance so well in various roles, it's sometimes hard to believe it is him. I really loved his voice mannerisms as bane. So different to his role as "Charlie Bronson" tho.. Britains most violent criminal. It's a dark comedy.

ach now I feel like watching it again.. every time lol..

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I just watched Bronson!

WHAT THE HELL MAN???

Now I want more deadbolts on my door and I have this irrational fear of naked men, covered in dark paint. And it's based on a real person....

Time to medicate. The world really is a stranger place than fiction could ever imagine.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I just watched Bronson!

WHAT THE HELL MAN???

Now I want more deadbolts on my door and I have this irrational fear of naked men, covered in dark paint. And it's based on a real person....

Time to medicate. The world really is a stranger place than fiction could ever imagine.

~Heff

probably because of me

i have a hobbit err i mean habbit to go naked and cover myself in dark paint
running around in the street screaming .. HEFFF HEFF
where are you .. im coming for ya !!!
edit on 11/16/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I just watched Bronson!

WHAT THE HELL MAN???

~Heff

Ha yeah, true story.

The thing is he just a big violent he has never killed any one or permanently hurt anyone, he just uses violence as a tool for social leverage. their is an actually free Bronson group, TBH he has been in prison for like 45 years 30 of them are in solatry confinement. He like 60 now, They should let him out when he gets to 70 IMO what he gonna do when he is that old an frail?

Also you can buy his artwork as well apparently it goes for quite a bit.
edit on 17-11-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

join