It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No enlightenment without the Devil.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Luke 11;The Lamp of the Body

33 “No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light. 34 The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness. 35 Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness. 36 If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, the whole body will be full of light, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light.”

Then what is faith?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The title and the op don't line up.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Considering we're imperfect, it's pretty heard to learn when you can't make mistakes to learn from.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

If you wrote more than a clip and paste, to give some indication of what your thread is about...it would make sense...

Des

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thank you for your insight. Now a head of the beast is wounded.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I think the question was, if we're supposed to be "full of light", then how can we have faith? Faith requires darkness, otherwise it's certainty. Faith and certainty are nt the same, because certainty implies solid reason without doubt, and faith implies tests and trials.

Therefore, if there is no darkness within to test us, how can it be faith? I think that's the point of this thread.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Uh, what? What beast?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Maybe they are talking about the light bearer...you know, satan the devil etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Light, man, the devil.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I think the question was, if we're supposed to be "full of light", then how can we have faith? Faith requires darkness, otherwise it's certainty. Faith and certainty are nt the same, because certainty implies solid reason without doubt, and faith implies tests and trials.

Therefore, if there is no darkness within to test us, how can it be faith? I think that's the point of this thread.

Too bad you didn't write this thread....now, you need to figure out that beast reply.....

Des

edit on 15-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

No point. OP has failed to return a response, so I'm going to jump thread unless this one kicks up. Besides, nothing in the beast post implies an intelligent thought. I suspect a note of mockery, but don't take my word for it.

See you around!
edit on 15-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Lucifer (especially the Archangel before "the fall") is the "Light Bearer" (as in en-lighten-ment) BUT Satan (the Devil) is known as "the father of lies" so the two are not consistent (as in two different and distinct entities). Enlightenment implies the truth not a lie.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

In most churches, they are synonymous. I do wish someone would straighten that out.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

See Ya Sweet Pea...does look like another fly by posted thread.....

Des

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

How do you know? Starcollector.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Light, man, the devil.

That didn't help clarify.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
yeah the title and the OP do not line up, I agree.

I will say this.
In order to be a whole, complete, true, and enlightened being you must be clean of your falsehoods. You do not clean by ignoring stains, perfuming sh*t, and sweeping your human nature under a clean rug.

You need to get dirty with yourself in order that you may first understand the nature of those things you deem "evil". Having done that you can then learn more about those things you deem "good". When you have moved beyond your fallacies in truth and honestly, you may begin to understand the nature of your journey.

If all you do is worship "good", you only worship yourself for your ego´s idea of its "goodness". A true being does not do this. He is neither "good" or "bad". He simply is. He is a permanent state of harmony with the inner self that is conflict free. Being conflict free he will not do "evil" things. HE will not enter into conflict. Not because he is good, but because he is truly himself.

conflict will arise if all you do is exonerate the "good" in you and blindly defend it. You will go looking for evil in turn to do combat with it, resist it and prove your "good" with victories over evil. That is eternal Conflict.

Good is relative and so is evil. BE in balance with yourself and deconstruct your preconceptions of both. Understand them. Be neither. Be nothing so as to be all things. THAT is a path to enlightenment. A void. Full of life.

Harmony is eternal and so it is life itself. Life is "good" don't you think?

edit on 15-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yes, that is the conspiracy that is no conspiracy. The inexistant existing lie.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

what?

I cannot understand you. Not even if I try.

I thought we would have a little chat, but I see this is just.......eh, what ev

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by Angle

what?

I cannot understand you. Not even if I try.

I thought we would have a little chat, but I see this is just.......eh, what ev

Don't bother.
I have a very strong suspicion the OP is a member that has been banned from ATS before.
The OP has the same non sequitur style of commentary.

ETA: Your avatar = AWESOME
edit on 15-11-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join