It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat Options

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have seen a few posts stating that people either like the chat feature for different polarized reasons. I was in chat the other day playing around with a few features, when I noticed a "create chat room" tab. I tried to use the feature to create a new room other than the lobby that everyone uses and it said "request denied to create chat room" in the main channel of the chat screen. Some have stated that they do not like chat due to the fact that people are silly or that they cannot have serious conversations because of this - while others have stated that they like the lightheartedness of our little chat room, where I might add, many serious discussions take place - and not infrequently either.

I think it would be a good idea to create different rooms depending on the mood of the individual user, based on different subject matter for each room. For those who want to chat with other users about serious topics based on their likes would be a good thing in my opinion. Sometimes when people talk and collaborate with each other, great ideas for threads come about.

And for those that enjoy a plain open room that general topics can be discussed, we would still have the main lobby room that we have now. Is this idea a possibility?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

I think that there should be the capacity to create rooms for specific discussion. I think the only difficulty would be ensuring that all the myriad rooms that would be set up, are correctly moderated to prevent abuse. The number would have to be limited by the number of mods available to perform that function.

However, I would like to see a more user specific, user friendly chat, and I applaud the idea wholeheartedly.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The last iteration of chat had multiple rooms that you could go into if you wanted to. We used the main room for whatever we wanted, usually non-conspiracy stuff, and if you wanted to have a more serious conversation, you just went into another room. There were several rooms that were staff only, and like three rooms that were open for anyone to use.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You can create your own room at any time for a one on one chat with someone of your choosing, I just went in and tried it an it still works for me, don't know why it didn't work for you, perhaps pm a Mod?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I am in there now and I just tried and I was completely denied. Hmmm... how did you get it to work?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
reply to post by Iamschist

I am in there now and I just tried and I was completely denied. Hmmm... how did you get it to work?

Let me come in there and call you in, will take a minute so be patient

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You can have a private chat with any member in the chat room by double clicking their name.

You cant create a seperate 'room' though. It's just a seperate chat window that comes up so you can chat privately with members.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

You can have a private chat with any member in the chat room by double clicking their name.

You cant create a seperate 'room' though. It's just a seperate chat window that comes up so you can chat privately with members.

~Tenth

Thanks for the reply I knew it could be done!!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well i do believe chat needs to be expanded upon. It's fun as it is now but only the same group of people come on and come on. 10 - 20 people out 1000's of users are using the chat. Needs to be made a bit more appealing for those not willing to take the dive.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Explanation: Flagged!

Ok ...

1] We have the dungeon aka the ATS radio chat room ... that barely anyone uses! (I do)

2] We have the ignore this users comments functionality ... and that makes us our own mods when we are in chat because we can directly exclude those we don't wish to interact with at a moments notice.

3] We do indeed have one on one personal chat messages aka PM's.

4] It can't be moderated easily and creates more hassle for admin if there is indeed an issue that requires a very stern looking at the chat logs.

Hence it is not really required!

Personal Disclosure: As an old chat hand ... you can blame me for most of the functions being turned off!

new topics

top topics

join