It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, The Pied Piper? Why do so many follow him blindly?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

First I would like to say thanks for an honest thread. I will try to answer the best I can but keep in mind these are my personal opinions. As far as the take on the MSM I have to say I stopped paying attention to 90% of it years ago. I like my news to be factual and I don’t care for opinion pieces that are passed off as news nowadays. Some networks are worse than others in offending my senses so I guess I take it all with a grain of salt and if an issue interests me I hit the internet and do my own research to try to find facts. You also should take into account there is one MSM network that tried to discredit him at every turn. There was no free pass. In a way I guess you can say they discredited themselves by doing so where when there was a legitimate gripe it was discarded by most as more hyperbole.

As far as Obamas background I paid attention to it also taking into account that what influences a person does not define them. The wars influenced me but my view of Muslims are not defined by those events. Drill sergeants, teachers, friends, family, casual encounters, places I have lived, things I have studied, all these people and things have influenced me and more but none define. I expect the same is true of most people. As for his past works I took them into account as much as I took Romney’s into account. I should mention though I did not vote for him in 08 but did this time. Last election McCain had my vote based on his military service although I did so in fear that he would pass away leaving his VP pick in charge. This election came down to issues for the most part but as I said in other threads I think the GOP destroyed themselves with picking Romney. His past was far too shady for my tastes and his actions during Vietnam I found extremely distasteful.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Blindly following a pied piper? Wait, is this about the unskewed polls again?

Claiming that people blindly follow Obama because you don't like the guy is a bit over reaching. Such a statement wouldn't be true for the majority of Republicans or Democrats with the politicians they support.

If you really want to find people being led by pied pipers, take a look at the various religions and cults around the world.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

Originally posted by Anundeniabletruth
You people wouldn't be doing this stuff if Romney had won, yet it would be the exact same way. Why do people think that Mitt Romney and Barrack Obama are any different? They are both bought and paid for by the true corrupt "rulers" of this land.

By "you people" do you mean Americans?
Because in the end that is what we all are.
There is not a group of Americans called "you People".
I do not believe that Romney would have had the same blind following. I know Bush didn't. Many times I heard those on the right trash talk him just like those on the left but for different reasons.
Obama has a large following that thinks he walks on water and I do not understand it. Not all that support him are this way but a large part is.

Many would call me a "liberal" because I am progressive. I mean sure, between the "big two" he was (probably - I say that with a long drawn out sigh) the "lesser of two evils" but I wouldn't say that I agree with him on many issues at all. In my opinion he's a moderate and he may, probably, have been much better as a "democrat" if he was more liberal or progressive. I know many Democrats who hate him as much as Republicans hated Bush, more so actually. I'm a registered independent who voted for Gary Johnson when I was somewhere in the middle of him and Jill Stein but I still don't think Obama is "gonna be the end of the world." That doesn't mean I "blindly follow" the man though. I just can't understand why you people ( or half of Americans ) keep whining about something that is done and you cannot change. Get over it like those who hated Bush did with his second term win, at least Obama "supposedly" won the popular vote, George didn't even do that his first time and was still given the big seat. Can we Americans all realize that it's all a big joke and we're the pun and move on toward doing something about that now please?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
Blindly following a pied piper? Wait, is this about the unskewed polls again?

Claiming that people blindly follow Obama because you don't like the guy is a bit over reaching. Such a statement wouldn't be true for the majority of Republicans or Democrats with the politicians they support.

If you really want to find people being led by pied pipers, take a look at the various religions and cults around the world.

Polls? I do not see any polls on this thread.

Like? I do not know him. I do not like many of his policies though.

Religions? Was this a religious thread?

WOW thanks for that well thought out response

Quad

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Yes, but isn't it true that if you can not speak with a person one on one and get to know them you would want to do a background check on them?
You can tell a lot about someone by others they kept company with and those they looked up to. The main two that bother me are Bill Ayers and Rev. Jeremiah Wright.
Another thing I disagree with is the fact that he constantly talked about "transparency" yet we had the healthcare law pretty much passed behind closed doors and then we have a large part of his past being "sealed".
Too much hiding for me.
There is just so much there. I still do not believe that if people would have truly vetted him, it would have made a difference. He has such an unusual hold on some.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

You people wouldn't be doing this stuff if Romney had won, yet it would be the exact same way. Why do people think that Mitt Romney and Barrack Obama are any different? They are both bought and paid for by the true corrupt "rulers" of this land.

By "you people" do you mean Americans?
Because in the end that is what we all are.
There is not a group of Americans called "you People".
I do not believe that Romney would have had the same blind following. I know Bush didn't. Many times I heard those on the right trash talk him just like those on the left but for different reasons.
Obama has a large following that thinks he walks on water and I do not understand it. Not all that support him are this way but a large part is.

Many would call me a "liberal" because I am progressive. I mean sure, between the "big two" he was (probably - I say that with a long drawn out sigh) the "lesser of two evils" but I wouldn't say that I agree with him on many issues at all. In my opinion he's a moderate and he may, probably, have been much better as a "democrat" if he was more liberal or progressive. I know many Democrats who hate him as much as Republicans hated Bush, more so actually. I'm a registered independent who voted for Gary Johnson when I was somewhere in the middle of him and Jill Stein but I still don't think Obama is "gonna be the end of the world." That doesn't mean I "blindly follow" the man though. I just can't understand why you people ( or half of Americans ) keep whining about something that is done and you cannot change. Get over it like those who hated Bush did with his second term win, at least Obama "supposedly" won the popular vote, George didn't even do that his first time and was still given the big seat. Can we Americans all realize that it's all a big joke and we're the pun and move on toward doing something about that now please?

So you don't agree that he has an unusual appeal to some on the left?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

This thread and the vast majority of the postings makes me laugh.
Obama, The Pied Piper? Why do so many follow him blindly?

Simply because the Republicans could not produce a better alternative!! The majority of the American people declined to dance with Romney. Fix the party, and try again next time!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I agree with you on how the healthcare bill was passed I did not like that at all. When it was stated that it had to passed to see what was in it I was taken back but on the same account that is why I didn’t trust Romney he was saying the same thing. We had to elect him to see what his plans were. Both those premises stunk to high heaven.

As far as the company they keep I guess it does define them to some degree but that works both ways. You disagree with Obamas religious choices and I disagree with Romney’s. Obama had a shady friend and so does Romney. In these respects I do not see how one can be held above the other.

As I stated before I did not vote for Obama in 08 but in this election he was the best choice for me. He does not hold sway over me anymore than Romney did but I am sure there are some and you could find them on either side of the fence.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
that sword cuts lots of ways

why do so many follow _____ bilndly ?

ron paul
romney
bush

etc etc etc

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

This thread was not meant to be about the election but I can see where you are coming from.
I believe it may be that many people just didn't look, they didn't care. They went by image and image alone and that is a sad thing. As I said many of these people seem intelligent, I guess i will never understand.
Quad

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Honestly, I dont think that the numbers of those offering apotheosis to the potus are that high.

The MSM wants us to think that though.

You never know though. With the vaccines and gmo's damaging our faculties.....

wait. what was the question?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Huh
What are you.......................OH!!

HMMMMM.......Maybe you're on to something

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
He's a great speaker and people are just largely uninformed.

He has a great teleprompter voice but when I look at him, all I see is the guy who supports NDAA & drones.

Also when I look at him, I wish he was a model instead of president. Mmm mmmm dat ass.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11
He's a great speaker and people are just largely uninformed.

He has a great teleprompter voice but when I look at him, all I see is the guy who supports NDAA & drones.

Also when I look at him, I wish he was a model instead of president. Mmm mmmm dat ass.

Thank you for responding and I agree........................with your first two lines.
The third is WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION

Thank you for posting and I believe you may be onto something. not about his rear though

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
While there are surely cases of people who participate in a sort of cult worship towards Obama, most ( at least that I have personally interacted with ) do not fall into this category at all. The man is flawed, fallible, and has made some egregious errors in his first four years as POTUS. In my opinion his failure to close Guantanamo Bay and to rescind the more disturbing aspects of the Patriot Acts and the Military Commissions Act - and adding the NDAA into the mix is inexcusable.

Having said that...

What the right is failing to understand is that these are not the issues that Americans are focused upon currently. Neither is abortion, "family values", or a desire for deregulation. The people are simply fed up with the status quo and have voted for the ONLY guy even pretending to want to do something about it. Even if his words are empty and meaningless - he is still saying them. He is the only one speaking towards these issues in a rational manner and that is why he was reelected.

The right now has two choices. They can either continue to skulk about and blame "Obamaphones" for their woes ( A program, incidentally created by Ronald Reagan ) and continue to think that Americans are idiots who care only about superficial issues. OR the right can realize that their platform is exclusionary and that it alienates the largest block of the voting public.

The GOP has to adapt or it will continue to fail miserably.

~Heff

edit on 11/15/12 by Hefficide because: my spell check did bad things.... very bad things...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, I agree with most of your post. I though, think that the Republicans need a more libertarian stance.

They are getting too bogged down in issues that would better be served at the state level.

I have talked to many in my area (perhaps it is not nation wide) that believe anything that comes from this Administration. If we have a discussion, we start out fine but it falls apart when something gets brought up about his record. They do not want to hear it. I guess there actually is bliss in ignorance.
These are people I have always thought of as intelligent and level headed. I just do not get what has turned them into the drones that they now are.
Quad

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Republicans were evil they hate women,children,poor people,African Americans,Hispanics,Gays,they want people to die from not having healthcare

All of the above, plus they hate the middle class, nature, science, culture, Europe and everyone who isn't them.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Republicans were evil they hate women,children,poor people,African Americans,Hispanics,Gays,they want people to die from not having healthcare

All of the above, plus they hate the middle class, nature, science, culture, Europe and everyone who isn't them.

Thank you for adding that EXTREMELY informative post

If you do not have anything to add, please do not post.
Thanks in advance,
Quad

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Man, that is so true. Seriously, it definitely seems like that.

All while the democrats hate work, responsibility for themselves, the rich, white people, and everyone who isn't them.

Seriously, you people with your democrat this, republican that crap make me laugh. Er, well, it is kind of hypocritical of me seeing as just recently I swore off being a republican. But I've woken up and ditched the one party masked as two.

Quad, this is a VERY good question that I've been wondering about. I've seen people, even here on ATS, worship the man like a golden idol. It's crazy. I don't think any politician has ever had this kind of blind following. It's scary. President Barack Obama reduced to tears That thread is proof people worship the man. Is it a lack of information and knowledge or a lack of care or thought?

And honestly, whether Obama was running against Mitt Romney or Jesus Christ, people would still vote for Obama because no one is better. He's the greatest thing since sliced bread. And everyone forgot that he's just another politician like the rest of them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join