It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks in by Friday Prayers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I make this prediction now not by any pre-cognitive abilities, but purely on experience. Once a country has its tanks closed up on the border with its neighbours it is already to late. As I write this Israels tanks are sitting, waiting to roll in to Gaza in response to repeated rocket attacks by Hamas despite the fact that most moderates on both sides would rather this did not happen.

Do I believe this is the harbinger of World War Three ? probably not. Do I think this could be the spark that touches off a wider conflict in the Middle East? possibly.

President Obama is in position to broker a peace deal in this situation if he is willing, and prepared to grasp the nettle, and in the process raise his international standing considerably but he will be opening himself up to a great deal of risk because if his efforts fail he will look ineffectual on the international stage.

So ask yourself this question; In Mr Obama's position would you attempt to broker a deal?. I stand by the title of this post for the reasons I mentioned,

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

If the rest of the Arab world were smart, they'd use this opportunity to destroy Israel once and for all, unless ofcourse theyre afraid of the Samson Initiative. Israel can't handle being hit from all sides in a massive offensive, not with conventional weaponry, their army is small and even handme downs from the U.S. wouldn't save them. now if Iran could privde materials for nuclear bombs, i am sure they would have no problems brainwashing some fool into thinking he's going to get 72 virgins for hitting the button.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
I make this prediction now not by any pre-cognitive abilities, but purely on experience. Once a country has its tanks closed up on the border with its neighbours it is already to late. As I write this Israels tanks are sitting, waiting to roll in to Gaza in response to repeated rocket attacks by Hamas despite the fact that most moderates on both sides would rather this did not happen.

Do I believe this is the harbinger of World War Three ? probably not. Do I think this could be the spark that touches off a wider conflict in the Middle East? possibly.

President Obama is in position to broker a peace deal in this situation if he is willing, and prepared to grasp the nettle, and in the process raise his international standing considerably but he will be opening himself up to a great deal of risk because if his efforts fail he will look ineffectual on the international stage.

So ask yourself this question; In Mr Obama's position would you attempt to broker a deal?. I stand by the title of this post for the reasons I mentioned,

When I made this post I was not aware of the visit to Gaza by Egypts PM, and since in light of this visit Israel has suspended its air strikes I would now say a ground invasion will not take place with the leader of a foreign power in attendance.

join