It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Movie 2012 - What happened in October?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
New York got Flooded.

Crazy. We always try and find meaning in movies to make sense of reality.
This in all honesty is just a coincidence, but how many times do we cry "coincidence"

Just a short one.

Thanks
Shaun

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for those giant storms that were mentioned in the day after tomorrow. The end is nigh!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
New York got Flooded.

This in all honesty is just a coincidence, but how many times do we cry "coincidence"

Just a short one.

Thanks
Shaun

LOL @ people who 'try to find meaning in movies to make sense of reality and it being conincidence" ahahahaha

whomever does that is an idiot.

whomever realizes that CIA has massive Hollywood influence and they write scripts to intentionally sway collective consciousness and public opinion via philanthropic agendas... well then you can see exactly what MEANING is actually INTENDED to be there.

but just magicly thinking movies are reality?? lol that's beyond stupid and i feel sorry for whomever does that.

but Many movies ARE real and intended to present something as fiction and show it's realistic sides.
many ficiton movies

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

LOL @ people who 'try to find meaning in movies to make sense of reality and it being conincidence" ahahahaha

whomever realizes that CIA has massive Hollywood influence and they write scripts to intentionally sway collective consciousness and public opinion via philanthropic agendas... well then you can see exactly what MEANING is actually INTENDED to be there.

but just magicly thinking movies are reality?? lol that's beyond stupid and i feel sorry for whomever does that.

I think you've severely misunderstood OP's intent with that comment. (Though I find your comment about the CIA's influence on hollywood to be interesting. something I've personally suspected for quite a while)

As a writer, I can tell you that humanity has used fiction as a vehicle for discussing and philosophizing about major life issues, sparking debate, and sharing viewpoints, for MILLENIA. I think this is what OP is talking about, not that most of us think that movies necessarily portray reality accurately (some do, most don't)... more that he means looking at one writer's portrayal of life and humanity, for clues about meaning, and ways to reflect on our own life experience.

I think this is much easier to understand for someone who is a regular reader of fiction books, than someone just watching movies, as most movies tend to do this at a more shallow level, or accidentally / casually, whereas a lot of authors of fiction novels strive to specifically, purposely convey something "meaningful" in their work. The medium of film also lends to more easily "shutting off" one's mind, and not thinking too deeply about what is going on. Someone used to reading a lot of well-written fiction will be a little more used to searching for the meaning in a story...even a seemingly "mindless" filmed one.

IMO OP is correct about this, and that is not stupid at all.

And on that note, I really have to say that for a site whose motto is "deny ignorance," a lot of members here seem pretty quick to laugh at and mock that which they do not understand. Unfortunately, this usually says more about the short-sightedness of the mocker, than the stupidity of the mockee.
edit on 15-11-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
But I thought it was "The Day After Tomorrow" that New York flooded. NOT 2012.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by shauny
New York got Flooded.

Just a short one.

Thanks
Shaun

but Many movies ARE real and intended to present something as fiction and show it's realistic sides.
many ficiton movies

Willful ignorance exhibit A

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Better reserve a plane trip to China now then........!!!

Try to sneak onto the "arcs"..........

There have been a lot of connections to the 2012 movies I keep seeing in threads on here lately?? Are they trying to tell us something??

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

i contend that the flood in October in the 2012 movie, the oil rig explosion in the movie Knowing, and the Lone Gunman episode depicting exactly what happened on 9/11 - to be complete CIA/Illuminati psychological meme insertion into the collective conscious on purpose for the specific goal of resonating a concept in the mass conscious ..predictively to it's actual manifestation in history.

there are coincidences.. and well.. those are fun to see... but amongst all of the parallels.. there are ridiculously obvious ones...
the only thing holding you back from realizing this is personal pride.. arrogant know-it-all ness.. the thought that nobody could pull the wool over your eyes.. or that 'thats just paranoid thinking' ... all walls to your unbiased - unprejudiced observation of reality.

thank you very much.

new topics

top topics

join