It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abduction or imagination? Is something in our forests?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wow, that is quite interesting. I subscribe to the idea that sasquatch occasionally snatches up a child here and there, as there are correlations when one overlays both a map of the missing people and a map of sasquatch sightings. But, I never really believed there was sufficient evidence to suggest aliens were visiting earth, as I know that the military and government has far more advanced tech than the majority will ever know.

As I was reading this, I was thinking about sasquatch in the back of my mind, simply because the area around Mt. Shasta has a very long history of sightings, long before Europeans ever arrived in North America even. But of course, having seen a sasquatch, I do not believe these animals are anything more than flesh and blood animals that have yet to be scientifically accepted. But I have read reports of very strange encounters, as strange as this one, in the area of Mt. Shasta, so it makes me wonder. Maybe there actually is a connection that I never accepted before.

My main concern however is the age of the child. He may not be explaining things that would really help us in identifying what he saw. For instance, in the "Cowman" story, a young child called a sasquatch a "cowman," simply because little children make different types of connections, probably because of their less developed speech and brain function. So the robot idea may not be accurate. But I would think that had these been a bigfoot, he would have described something a bit different. What he said was in the cave is quite unnerving as well, and may indicate there is some nutter lady living up in a cave in the woods.

But the experiences you described do sound like typical alien territory, but I just have a hard time accepting that. But then again, I have a hard time accepting anything I've never seen most of the time, but I honestly do not think there is a "logical" explanation for these occurrences, and it is as simple as that.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I have a feeling you're a paid dis-informant.
Hybrids are VERY real and you or I are unable to recognize them. Why is it so far-fetched? We're able to do it with certain animals, what makes us any different? What about eugenics? What about GM babies? Quit trying to disprove things that are very real.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Since i am home sick..

I am listening to the C2C show posted on page #1..

pretty scary stuff..

I am really glad you got your grandson back...OP..

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

Very, very interesting story...... S&F....

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

Chilling !

He said "Dont you remember

The fact that the little guy asked you this. Sends my BS or imagination detector needle into the 100% truth zone.
No kid lies or uses his imagination and asks, " Don't you remember?". Kids establish boundaries for truth and falsehood very early on. I'm convinced by him asking you this in his own bewilderment, that what he is describing to you. Really happened to him.

This is creepy as hell and fits in with other kids being found with there pants down. I feel it's to good for you to have made up. And it can be verified I'm sure so you need to see that David gets the 411 on this. I would think it would peak his interest and if you think about all that has happened ? It almost has to be something like this going on out there. Glad the boy is safe and don't take him again because he might be of certain type that this could happen again so I wouldn't make him available to that power anymore. They can obviously take people at will.

You're very very lucky to have him back.

edit on 16-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Do you think it would be possible for you to give me the name of a national park or a place in Montana that I could watch out for? The reason I ask is I do survival training classes for children and it would be a good idea to know where Not to go train these kid's. Also where can I find out about your up and comming book, sounds interesting?
Also thank you OP for the interesting thread, I myself had an unusual experience when I was a child. I am glad your grandson's story ended happily in his being found.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I just watched the Karla Turner link that someone posted. I wasnt ready for that. I feel sick.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this with us here at ats. I have been wondering why threads about missing 411 are not getting that many responces. Not just here but on other forums also. I have not read David Paulides book yet, but I will order it soon. I have listened to all radio interviews I could find and have been researching a lot of the mentioned cases on the net. I must say that I get a really spooky strange feeling of absolute evil when I get into this subject to deep. People there is something really evil conected to these cases.

One of the most sad and strange cases is the Dennis Martin case. They had the green berets out looking for Dennis. I read they can only be deployed for reasons of national security. What could that reason be? Also the FBI agent that has investigated most of these strange cases, but had to keep all the info secret committed suicide.

There is just so much going on and Paulides excluded Texas and Florida because there are just too many cases!!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hello again thread,

I know that I am not going to be very popular for doing this. I did make posts in a positive light on the first page, if that provides any reason for you to cut me a little slack for peeing on the party...

...but my BS detector is going off like crazy. I will just say why and leave it at that.

You all realize that this David Paulides (whose name the OP goes out of her/his way to mis-spell) stuff is less than a year old, as far as I can reconnoiter.

I listened to a full three hours of it very carefully last night. There is not a single case that could not have been carried out by an organized group of plain old human beings, and I take it as a personal affront that Bigfoot and Genoskwa are getting attention for abducting 100s of children every year, when, in fact, the investigation should be pointed at, once again, just plain old human perverts.

Why, you might ask, would I twist it up like that? Cause I'm grouchy and don't like exciting stories that end nice? No.

Have any of you read this...

rigorousintuition.blogspot.com...

Or anything like it? Well, if you happen to, you might be left with the same impression that I have been left with. That there are people out there, that work in groups, that would love, love, love for people to think that #ing Clowns in dirty white vans are abducting their children. And what they like even more is when a sort of hysteria sets in and the cops and the bereaved run around for a few weeks chasing theses phantom, child-stealing clowns.

So you might see now why I find the idea of genoskwa or sasquatch or some other non-human entity swiping children in national Parks to be silly, and in light of present day issues concerning mass-organized pedophiles that dwell in high places, seriously insulting.

I realize that the OP has mentioned neither sasquatch or genoskwa or even aliens. It's actually a good story and sounds like something Vallee might have recorded.

But I also think that it is awfully convenient that the OP signed on to ATS just about when the Paulides stuff was blowing up. I also find it odd that the OP would create threads about 'Strange Shasta' just a while back, and then make this thread, in seeming ignorance of the history of weirdness at Shasta, about an event that happened a year ago; an event that seems to me would have taken precedence over others in some list of thread making priorities.

Yes, the story sounds like it is straight out of Paulides Missing 411 books, and I can't shake the feeling that it is on purpose.

Sorry.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hi Misskat,
Was it McCloud 'Bridge' campground? Do you remember what campsite you were at? There are photos of the campsites here: www.campsitephotos.com... A spooky story for sure - and one that is not unusual for that area. Time to get up there and scope it out.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm going to try and respond to several people in one post.

Even Paulides does not claim "Bigfoot" is responsible. You can tell he might lean that way and given he IS a bigfoot researcher that would be understandable, as would a possible bias on his part. I have to admit, Bigfoot stuff is the one subject that will make me giggle uncontrollably even though I consider myself to be a neutral skeptic and have opinions about the UFO subject that other people might find just as amusing.

That being said, there is so much overlap between UFO, ET and Bigfoot incidents there might be something much more in tune w/ the Native American traditions about the subject that the crypto zoo folks might like. I honestly don't have a position on it other than neutral and sometimes humorous skepticism.

Too often the majority of so called "skeptics" will express a theory / alternate explanation and feel strongly that if you can propose an alternative explanation for an anomalous event then you've dis-proven it, end of story, case solved. Anyone with any real background in scientific principles of investigation should know better. A proposed alternative requires the same standard of proof as the originating hypothesis. In other words, it isn't enough just to show up, you have to play the game just as hard as everyone else on the field. True scientific skepticism means you don't have a superior theory just because it does not require allowing for the unknown. An example of this are the people who label every UFO report a "Chinese Lantern" and think they've done something intelligent. No, you have to prove it so, otherwise all you've done is add some noise to the conversation.

I grew up in the woods, camped more then any other activity as a child and young adult and the last thing I want people to do is fear the outdoors. Common sense rules apply for taking children to these places - never let them out of your sight, even for a few seconds is the safest policy. Apparently boulder fields are a very high risk area for these strange incidents. There are some well known "hot spot" locations you can read about in the 411 book if you want to know specifics, he's done a great job on those.

It's safer to be in areas where there are more people than go off alone as a general rule. You can say that even without the high strangeness aspect though to be fair.

I'd recommend reading the book before snapping to judgement that these cases could all have been simple abductions / lost incidents. There are some cases that haven't made the various radio interviews that would make you reconsider.

Though the detective / ranger might look at you sideways I'm glad the OP chose to talk to them about the child's report. It's important the people doing the investigations know these things and some elements of past incidents known by Rangers have helped find other missing persons. Knowing to look far beyond / above the typical search area, for example. Children have been found extremely far beyond the area they should have been able to travel and in places they could have only gotten to by learning to fly in case after case.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

I listened to a full three hours of it very carefully last night. There is not a single case that could not have been carried out by an organized group of plain old human beings,

Im sorry but you just lost me right there. No you did not listen to the full 3 hours.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hesse

I didn't? I didn't listen to several programs last night of David Paulides interviews on YouTube?

I guess I must be missing the time due to having been abducted by sasquatch?

There's 3 and some change.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

I have no idea how you can say that people can be responsible for these cases. Some ok, but all? Im about to go to sleep I will check in when im not so tired. I cant start arguing with you now. It´s bedtime for me.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Just FYI The other post I made was about geoglyphs I located near Mt. Shasta. I never claimed to not know about the legends around here. But, most of the locals take those legends with a grain of salt including myself. I dont know why anyone would chose to live under a volcano.
I originally joined ATS to talk about my grandson getting lost. But, I decided to file it away in my head, and not bring it to a discussion board. But, after talking to David Paulides (sorry didnt check the spelling) and my grandson telling the same story over a year later, then finding a possible connection to the park closures, well, I just felt it needed to be discussed. Not to mention Agenda 21, which I only found out about a couple of days ago, it seems to be involved with all these closures.
I can appreciate your disbelief. I am not sure I would believe such a whopper.

edit on 16-11-2012 by misskat1 because: Checked the spelling on Paulides

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

There are hundreds of better cases than those discussed but regardless, there are also multiple incidents where victims have been found alive and they've told very similar, strange stories about being abducted by animals, things that tried to impersonate family members, people who looked and sounded like a family member in the area at the time, etc.

OK, so let's dismiss all the strange stories and even the extremely strange physical evidence.

That just leaves the statistical anomalies to deal with....

I'm no rocket scientist but when you have so many strange reports, proof of strange evidence common between so many cases AND statistical anomalies? There's something very real going on and it's not amusing.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I often think we live in a Simulation or some type of Matrix. It seems sometimes when something really strange happens like fish coming down in a rain storm it's because the code was read wrong (or put in wrong) and a strange anomly happens. Just a thought..

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I agree. There does seem to be a common thread with most of these stories and that is some sort of deception
of the abducted individuals. Bigfoot, UFO's, Faries or nyphes, their seems to be some trickery or delusion to what is happening here. This would explain why there are diverse groups trying to explain this phenominon. You have the bigfoot group or the UFO group and the paranormal explination, trying to figure out what is happenig here. If you look at it from this perspective it is the perfect smoke screen of deception. The only one holding the truth is on the federal level with a TS clearence or higher. This leaves us little folks with stories that don't hold any water, like I said the perfect deception.

edit on 16-11-2012 by SmertSpionam1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Great story great thread. The video in the 2nd post is also very interesting if anyone gets a chance I suggest spending the time to listen to it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm really glad you found your grandson. Must have been awful for all concerned.

It's almost 1:00am in the UK now so I'm off to bed, but i wanted to post so I can look back and watch the linked videos tomorrow, hope you don't mind that I haven't bought much to the conversation but maybe once I've had more time I can do so.

And hey, if I was closer I'd be joining in on the mass search of the area - I think it's everyone's duty to uncover the truth before more things happen to more people. Especially to our children. We could do with uniting and supporting each other, why people call BS on threads like this, rather than say 'hey ill help / support my fellow human being by joining in on a search / doing some research / mapping out the area so others find it easy to navigate etc is beyond me. Why can't humanity help itself ? If there is something 'unknown' going on out there, how long has it been there... and how long will it continue before MANKIND does something about it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join