It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abduction or imagination? Is something in our forests?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

[color=6699FF]also believe that you would do well to get as much info as you can together that you believe the parents might respect and make your best effort to wake them up and treat the boy's story as real and IN NEED OF PTSD therapy. It is NOT in the lad's best interest to sweep this under the rug and pretend it was all a child's imagination or nightmare.

The father may feel helpless and not eager to deal with it but that comes with the territory of being a father. He needs to cowboy up and face the music and deal with the realities involved. Helping, encouraging, compelling him to do that is in the boy's interests and actually, the whole family's interests.

NOTHING good is gained from sweeping it under the rug.

Awareness and working it through and taking an effective preventative stance in the future, imho, are all essential.

edit on 28/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: silly tag fix as usual

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Interesting thread. It would make sense if the gov let them have bases in the national forests. That would keep them out of the skies criss crossing the country when abducting people. This way people just come to them into a sparsely populated area. Parts remind me of the Six Million Dollar Man, Secret of Bigfoot. They are in the mountains with geologists trying to create a small earthquake to prevent a much larger earthquake. Bigfoot abducts the girl geologist. Steve Austin battles Bigfoot and rips his arm off. Bigfoot is a robot controlled by the abducting aliens living inside a cave or inside the mountain. Seems like Hollywood is always giving us bits of truths. Interesting that in the intro to the Six Million Dollar man there is a crash of an experimental lift body wedge plane that nobody new until years later was an actual plane. The M2-F2.
edit on 28-8-2013 by TamtammyMacx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone is still watching this thread, but I wanted to update interested people. The Travel Channel filmed a TV show about my grandsons incident. I did just a random search on google, and found an article about it, on Message to Eagle, and when I contacted the author, he told me about the filming. Evidently it will be aired this fall. If I found out dates, channel and times, I will post. It will be interesting to see if they tell the real story, or if they tell an embellished story to make it more interesting.

JFYI my grandson is still having alien nightmare dreams.

Thank you again for the support from my ATS family. Kat

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

thanks for updating us! will look for the show in the fall.....you can tell us how accurate it is...definitely still interested in this thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Me too, I'm definitely interested. I admire you and your family's bravery in all this, misskat1, and hope your precious grandson finds a bit of peace from the trauma as he ages.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thanks Misskat1,

I know it was a lot to go through and you have been more than generous with the info you gave us,

I will be watching this thread for more updates, once again, thanks...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So glad you updated this thread, thanks! I just finished reading through from page 1 and haven't been able to break myself away from it. Especially with all the other interesting links that I didn't quite have time to look at every one, but plan on revisiting now that I'm done this thread. Please do keep us updated, I am very interested to catch that show this fall! Oh, and glad your grandson is ok physically, I hope he gets over the trauma of the nightmares. Btw, I don't recall you mentioning him having alien nightmare dreams earlier, did I miss it? Anyway, wish you the best!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

The guns and purses COULD have been actual guns and purses... personal items stacked in corners from the folks they "took."

Not to be overly creepy, but that's what popped into my fantasy prone head.

And yeah, losing someone you love for any amount of time and thinking about the possibilities and the helplessness is the worst experience ever... a gf of mine with a psycho ex disappeared for only a few minutes at a strip mall and I nearly lost it... I can't imagine a losing a child!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Is there any public record of his disappearance or is this another fictional story?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LooseLipsSinkShips

There are a couple of newspaper articles regarding him getting lost and the rescue personal finding him. I posted the links in my comments. It was in McCloud Ca. You will have to do a google search, as I didnt keep the links. If you cant find them, let me know, I will see if I can locate them for you.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LooseLipsSinkShips
Boy Found Safe
September 7, 2011 •• 242 words •• ID: 4560b516198bfe81bb170168b4e8e04d
MCCLOUD - A 3-year-old boy who went missing Friday at a county campground was found cold and frightened but unharmed. According to a Siskiyou County Sheriff 's Office press release, the department responded to a report of a missing child at around 7:30 p.m. Friday. The 3-year-old boy had gone missing from Fowler's Camp, located in the Mc-Cloud area in vicinity of the McCloud River. Deputies from the Sheriff 's Office were joined by the

I googled "Siskiyou Daily News" The archive section is all the way at the bottom of the first page. I used the search term "Missing Boy" the 10th article is the one about my grandson.

I couldnt remember which campground he was in, and a few people asked that question, so now we know! It happened at the Fowler Campground!!

I emailed the sheriff about what my grandson said, the same day I wrote this thread. If he replies I will paste the email if it is relivant to the topic.
I copied this from my previous post.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So glad you took the time to update us misskat1. Glad your grandson seems to be doing OK and I am really anxious to see how the Travel Channel handles this story.

I found another link to the story and thought I would post it. Missing boy found

All the best to you and your family.

ETA: Two thoughts...curious as to what was updated in the article almost a year later? And also, I think it would be a great idea to encourage anyone interested in this phenomenon, in the event this happens to someone they know, to immediately try to organize public searches like in your family's case. I bet the first reaction would be to go to the authorities and then they control it......the more volunteers involved the more "they" can't cover up IMO. Maybe the publicity wouldn't be worth the risks and these "forces" whatever they are would move on. Then, hopefully the next area does the same. As usual, the more regular people are involved, the better.
edit on 8/25/2014 by glad_to_be_His because: edit

edit on 8/25/2014 by glad_to_be_His because: clarify

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: glad_to_be_His

Thank you for finding that article. Very interesting.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Tonight we will be able to take calls! Be sure to tune in.

~ Cirque

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

I didnt notice your post until it was too late, is there an archive, where I can catch the show? I would love to tune in!

Thanks

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... eld-donkeys-no-memory-surprise-night-before.html

I've been reading this thread and it seems to me that all the people who say " Oh the boy was dreaming, or hypnotized, or made it up are unable to explain that the boy was actually missing" Dreaming, etc, does not account for the fact that the boy was physically absent. Very happy you all got him back!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienreality
What disturbs me most about stories like this is the pattern of disbelief that parents or guardians show for their own children. Kids don't usually make up tall tales like this, nor do they tell stories like this because of big imaginations. The details of an exam of sorts espcially the part about the perp wanting the stool sample is not something a toddler can just make up.

This kid was definitely kidnapped for that time in my opinion.
In cases like this and other paranormal incidents involving children, the kids are ultimately at the mercy of their ignorant guardians because of the damage it can cause when you don't believe in them, and think they are making up a tall tale.. This can do more damge than the event itself..
This is sad, and I have witnessed it many, many times...

The Shasta area is known for strange things like this and your case is not unique in that regard.
Hope everything works out..

Kids do make up tall tales and have very creative imaginations. I knew a child who claimed that she saw a hippopotamus behind the neighbor's house. Even adults translate the unknown into conclusions that make sense to them. You just did it. Definitely kidnapped? I guess you don't require actual evidence before reaching a definitive conclusion. A lost, terrified child might well make up a story that would make sense to him. Remember, that which makes sense to a three year old doesn't make sense to most adults. Robots, grandmothers, pooping, spiders, caves: those are all things that fascinate little kids.

Could something truly strange have happened? Sure. But it's far more likely that the trauma of being lost in the woods produced the story.

Millions of people, most with little or no experience in the woods, visit parks and national forests every year. It doesn't take much to get a "city slicker" lost in the woods. Even most experienced outdoorspeople have gotten lost in the woods at one time or another. Of course, Paulides doesn't want people to believe this. Unless you've got a leash tied to a three year old and the other end tied to yourself, there's nothing surprising about a child wandering off unnoticed and getting lost very quickly.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ecoparity

It's hard to explain without going into a ton of detail (which is why I'm currently working on a book on the subject) but to give you one example, there are places where you are 1000+ times more likely to vanish and never be found. These are not high crime / high risk areas, we're talking mostly isolated, sparsely populated areas, forests, etc.

Name some. 1000+times more than where?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

interesting...your story reminds me of this...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: The X
thanks for posting the incident, incredibly strange story for a youngster to recount!.

I am always tickled by the normalcy bias of some people and especially the way they talk in terms of being definite when they try and assuage everyone else that they are wrong and their cosy little view of reality is the one that is correct.
Well, if that is what it takes to make them feel comfortable, ill play along with them, and, yes your quite safe, nothing out of the ordinary ever happens, and, never will, now, you don't need to look under your beds do you.

I don't think anyone's view of reality is REALITY and that includes the accounts told by terrified three-year-olds lost in the woods. I notice that the people who want to believe a bizarre story are as biased toward strangeness as those who don't want to believe strange things happen are biased toward their version of reality. We're all biased. Let's start there.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join