It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abduction or imagination? Is something in our forests?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

And now I just read your post on education and home schooling. If I don't know you in real life, we SHOULD get to know each other. I had huge issues with my 12-year-old and anxiety this past trimester. I had to sit in the library to help her through them. One thing that really torqued me off was the suggestion that I medicate her. The other thing that torqued me off were the times I kept her home for mental issues, and the grief I received because she wasn't in school. Translation: WE'RE NOT GETTING PAID!!!! I have really started to DESPISE our school system lately. She has worked through her anxiety, but I still give her hooky days and take her out early because she's MY kid and they can kiss my patoot if they think they can tell me what I can or cannot do with her. Piss. Me. Off.

We have been thinking about home school. Since I'm writer, I work my own hours (sitting at the Starbucks by WalMart as we speak) and so this would be easy enough to do.

Anyway, hugs ... feel your pain!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PamelaBritton2U

1st I would like to clarify that my son and daughter-in-law do not forbid him to talk about it. They give him complete freedom to express himself, however, they forbid anyone else from bringing it up or questioning him. If he brings it up there is no issue with letting him talk about it.

In response to home schooling: My daughter uses the computer as her teacher. It seems to me that a lot of people think a kid needs school to get a proper amount of socialization. But, I have 3 extra teenagers spending the night. Teenagers breed more teenagers, in school or out of school.

Follow your heart on this one dad. I love your protective spirit. For us it was the best decision we could have made for my child. I wont be sending her back,unless it is what she wants.

One thing too, I have saved hundreds of dollars on school clothes etc. That was not a factor when I decided to keep her home, but wow I didnt realize how expensive school is.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PamelaBritton2U

I think I know you too. Your name is very familiar!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Wow, that is quite interesting. I subscribe to the idea that sasquatch occasionally snatches up a child here and there, as there are correlations when one overlays both a map of the missing people and a map of sasquatch sightings. But, I never really believed there was sufficient evidence to suggest aliens were visiting earth, as I know that the military and government has far more advanced tech than the majority will ever know.

I've read a lot of books from paranormal investigators, and interestingly, in so-called paranormal "hotspots," you'll almost always find UFO sightings, ghostly hauntings, Bigfoot sightings etc. side by side.

What kills me about the OP's story: I just remembered a story that I read a few years ago. On the "Unexplained Mysteries" forum, there's this guy named "Ironghost," who has made a sport out of playing with the Ouija board (which I usually don't condone).

BUT, instead of asking the typical dumb questions Ouija players ask, "Who are you?", "When did you die?" etc., he and his group somehow get in contact with the weirdest but most interesting entities. One is called "Mommy in the Nothing Chamber" and seems to be a sort of computerized, advanced consciousness residing in a vacuum. He does these communications all the time and writes them all down, and they're highly intelligent and so scientifically sound and amazing that they often really blow your mind. He also has communicated with "living people" from other timelines, dimensions, etc.

Long story short, he once made contact with what supposedly was an older teenage boy in a parallel reality. The boy asked where the group was, and they answered, "Minnesota," whereupon the boy totally freaked out and asked if they were "dark magicians." In the course of the conversation, the boy said that in his reality, Minnesota [LOTS OF FOREST!!!] was a very scary and dark place, and that people who traveled there usually didn't come back and would never be seen again. He said there were dark and scary things in the forests.

Don't know why I had to think of this again, and yes, call me totally loony, but what if this "parallel reality" was not just a figment of the group's imagination? What if it was our country's future?

Personally, about 10,15 years ago, I'd go alone into the woods all the time. I felt very connected to nature and Spirit and always felt supremely protected. That changed about 8 or so years ago -- all of a sudden I'm afraid to go in there alone, something I've never really had before. I can't explain it; I thought I'm maybe just paranoid, but who knows, maybe it's some deep-sitting instinct that we all have?! Has anyone else experienced this -- being totally comfortable in the woods before and now feeling scared (without any traumatic events happening to them, obviously)?

I'd be interested to find out more about this.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

Maybe there is no connection but maybe you could buy a selection of such kits (they are quite inexpensive to buy) and casually leave some(non toxic) strips lying around and see if they attract your grandson's attention. Don't explain what they are but if he recognises one of them as a 'poop sticky paper' it may lead to a better understanding of his experience.

Oh, no, don't do that!!! It might make him think "robotic, evil grandma" is back, and since she looked just like you, he'll think you're it. If you buy any of those kits, you should openly talk to him about them, like "Do these look like the sticky paper they had?" For crying out loud, people, how can you suggest such a thing?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

We are probably Facebook friends.

BTW, my husband travels through the mountains around here a lot and he SWEARS he saw big foot running alongside a river early one morn. Swears! This is a logical, former Army Airborn, upstanding man.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
glad the grandson was found and safe...such an interesting story...you can let him draw and without any prompting....surprising what can show up in drawings...there must be someplace on line that you could get an idea of what
his drawings represent....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thepupils

Well, given the child described a 'Robot nanny' rather than 'messy, tired people who talk really really fast' I take the alternative explanation.

This topic is entertaining but there is no real explanation of events within what was described by the child that gives anything else away other than the actual description of the event itself which is precise and to the point.

Like I said, it is already beyond rational so trying to box it into something rational is going to be difficult, but highly entertaining nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by thepupils

Well, given the child described a 'Robot nanny' rather than 'messy, tired people who talk really really fast' I take the alternative explanation.

This topic is entertaining but there is no real explanation of events within what was described by the child that gives anything else away other than the actual description of the event itself which is precise and to the point.

Like I said, it is already beyond rational so trying to box it into something rational is going to be difficult, but highly entertaining nonetheless.

Well said! Star for you!

It is just so weird, but I keep dwelling on the "sticky paper"
Maybe it was the infomercial product "the Schticky" you know the slap chop dude that beats up hookers.

The paper is just so bizarre I keep dwelling on it trying to make sense of it.
It is very entertaining visualizing the paper and robo granny!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
1. Misskat can you show us on google maps exactly where you were camping and where your grandson was found? That would be really good for people wanting to maybe go investigate. We could also use the satelite images to search the area for trails or caves.

2. I'm starting to think your grandson got lost, wandered a mile away and fell asleep under a bush and had a dream. I've been really enamored by this thread ever since you made it, checking back every day, reading every single post (except the silly off-topic mudslinging pointless posts), researching this forest disappearance phenomenon etc. The more I read your grandson's account however, the more it just sounds like a really weird nightmare. Maybe he was so scared and disoriented that he went into a sort of sleep-walking shock state.

That is the most likely explanation. More likely than tweekers, aliens, predators or bigfoot. More likely than a matrix glitch or any alternate universe theory. A simple bad dream. Simple as that. There is no reason to think a child cannot walk 1 mile in 5 hours and choose a bush to fall asleep under.

What exactly were the circumstances the moment he went missing? Where were his guardians, what were they doing, where was your grandson, how long did it take them to notice he was missing? Can you please elaborate on the details of the actual time he went missing? Surely your son and daughter have told you everything in great detail of the time leading up to the event and to the time when your grandson was found.

I think it would be wise to to take a step back in this thread and go over some basics. We're way down the far left path of wild imagining. Let's try looking at this from the perspective that this was a dream he had while sleeping under that bush a mile away.

Thanks in advance.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Socrato because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

Perpetuating such bs does not help the OP in any way as her grandson's experience did not have anything to do with religion, nor any of the angels, spirit-guides, spaceships, masters from the Light Realm, the survivors of mythical Ancient Lemuria. Your link is best appreciated by those who don't have a life.
reply to post by The Shrike

and what have you done to help the op? i was providing info on the subject of the mystery's of mt shasta, just because you dont agree with the info, does not make it this info bs. can you provide solid proof that the disappearance of her grandson had nothing to do with anything in the quoted text above, or are just talking about your perceived reality? or in other words your personnel bs. your posts are best appreciated by those that can only perceive what is shown to them, and not what they strive to discover.

Bah, humbug!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about your grandson. That's a messed up story.

Spend some time looking at the CE4 testimonial page here...
CE4 link

Basically, I think your grandson became possessed, wandered out into the woods without knowing it, and was then found after he "woke up." You stated you woke up outside your tent one day, perhaps you too were possessed.

If you watch "Ghost Adventures" on the "Travel Channel" you will see that every now and again a ball of light will enter Nick, Aaron, or Zacks head or spine region, and then they black out. They appear to be able to function, they are awake, but when they snap out of it all they can remember is wanting to hurt someone and they can't remember how long they were out for.

Spirits masquerade as mainly ghosts and aliens. However, they adapt to the local culture, so in a big city they may pose as "UFOs" but in the forests they may pose as "Bigfoot."

Basically, if a spirit can make someone believe that dead peoples souls roam the earth, or make someone believe they were "put in their moms tummy" as your grandkid stated, then the spirit has won by making you think there is no God. These are their two main methods of manipulation.

This is spiritual warfare and either a fallen angel or demon has taken an interest in your grandson. The best advice I can give is teach him about the good and the bad supernatural forces, and tell him to start praying to Christ. As you will see in the link I provided above, many people who have alien abductions, near death experiences, out of body experiences, etc., can easily stop them by asking Christ for help.

edit on 18-11-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SuspendedBelief

This is a good post. I have been tortured in the past by fear of aliens and woods and the dark. I've heard yelling in my head when trying to go to sleep and felt like I was being attacked and taken over by some very scary things. My entire room felt like a giant carousel spinning wildly and never stopping as I tried to fall asleep. I used to wake up in the middle of the night out of control of my own body and wander out to my mom's room speaking about things I had no idea of. My mom would be very frightened and try to wake me up but no matter what she did I would not wake up until I was finished speaking whatever it was I was saying. When I finally woke up, I didn't remember anything that I had done or said and I felt shame because my mother was scared. She told me some of the things I said and they were very odd and not of my own mind. I said things like "Bring me the wife!" and many more weird things. I was only like a 7 or 8 year old boy.

Moving away from Seattle and getting older seemed to help me break free of this torment. I also met my wife who was a christian and I started going to church and reading the bible. My father also learned about family curses and prayed hard every day promising me he would break them and I would not suffer anymore from the things my ancestors did. It's hard to say what finally stopped this torture.

The one thing I do know is that you must realize these things have no power over you then you can be free from their torment. The fact that Misskat's ancestors were masons, means her family line is in open communion with these bad spirits... unfortunately, it seems their power over your bloodline has yet to be broken and they may have now reached all the way to your grandson.

Be careful about being afraid. I have walked alone for miles and miles fearlessly in the middle of the night through deep woods and lonely train tracks and nothing has ever happened to me. I have lived in an ancient house built in 1774 in the middle of the woods alone and nothing attacked me. I have walked through deep woods alone and felt no fear. I have never seen a UFO because I do not wish to anymore. When I was a kid I used to pray to aliens that they would come and take me to a different planet, now I do not even talk to them. You can be secure and free of this stuff if you take the power that you have been given and drive these things out of your life.

I'm still not sure if Bigfoot is a real physical creature or if he is an evil spirit of the woods. I am afraid and not afraid of him at the same time. I am more afraid just to glimpse him with my eyes than I actually am of him hurting me or something.

That all being said, how do you account for this video sir?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Well, let's say for the sake of argument that Bigfoot is real, where is the Bigfoot poo? Also, where are all the dead animal carcases? Does Bigfoot eat the bones too? Or perhaps he is just a vegetarian.

This is what "Bigfoot" really looks like:

Video page link

You can see more of this guys videos by clicking on his username on the video page.

Scientists call these things "dark plasma energy." They fly around in the shape of a ball in their natural form.

Just like they can leave cropcircles in wheat fields, so can they leave "Bigfoot" footprints in the mud.

There are two kinds of evil spirits according to my Bible research. They are fallen angels, and their Nephilim offsprings' spirits' known as demons. Since the fallen angels were made immortal, so were the spirits of the Nephilim. The flood wiped out the Nephilim and all the fallen angles perverted creations, and since God did not make these Nephilim spirits, he bound them to the earth. It's more detailed than that, but you get the point.

As for the video, I don't really think it is relevant to the Bigfoot argument. It looks fake. If real, it could be a demonic manifestation. Also, if it really is Bigfoot, why is he walking past the cameraman nonchalantly, whereas he is always hiding or playing peek-a-boo with everyone else? For all I know, that could have been the devil walking past the cameraman, silently laughing his ass off.

edit on 18-11-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This is an awesome post.

Maybe some old crazy woman abducted him in the woods.

Over the years she probably has been living in some cave, insane, and either abducting and killing hunters/hikers, but more than likely she more than likely has been raiding campsites when hikers leave them to go on hikes and stealing purses and guns and such.

She probably is certifiably crazy and made your son take a #2 on a sticky paper because shes out of her mind.

But I never heard about missing 411 and watched the video withe the coast 2 coast interview on page 1 and it was some pretty scary #. I live in the city and I was scared of bigfoot that night.

I find this extremely interesting as to what is happening to all these missing people.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

The OP gave you more than enough info for you to do your own google search. This was a abduction of a small child, I know the LAST thing I would want is a mess of amature paranormalist's running all over what is still actually a crime scene of a family member.

Not seeing a lot of sensitivity regarding this event, just a lot of people trying to fit the experience to their own world views. VERY NICE. Keep up the good work!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

Not seeing a lot of sensitivity regarding this event, just a lot of people trying to fit the experience to their own world views.

I think you shouldn't be so judgemental. I'm quite painfully aware that expressing empathy online doesn't work very well. On this thread, I meant to add "Best wishes" to my comment, but then I noticed that no one else does such a thing. Maybe, - I thought - as in theater, on ATS such expressions tend to be seen as bringing bad luck. I know of an old talkboard where formal expressions of goodwill are viewed with dislike.

(I'm sure there is more to be said on this topic. I'm a relative newbie here.)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I think this is a very interesting thread. Thank you for taking the time to post this, and please don't be run off by rude people who waste their time (and ours) by replying that they don't believe you. If you don't believe the OP, roll your eyes and move on to the next thread! Unless you have valuable information that can prove the OP is purposely lying/misrepresenting their story, we don't need to hear your opinion about whether or not it's real. This isn't posted in the Miley Cyrus fan forum, people--we come here to read about other people's experience with strange phenomena and then we JUDGE FOR OURSELVES!

I was just reading a thread on Reddit from a 911 operator doing an AMA ("Ask Me Anything"). Another operator made a comment about 911 calls from kids, saying "Not to attempt to hijack this AMA, but I'd like to point out that in my experience as a 9-1-1 dispatcher, kids make some of the best callers. They are typically highly cooperative, provide great information, and are eager to help." The OP 911 operator answered, "Kids do make some of the best callers! I listened to a tape once during a training course of a 4 year old girl that was able to tell the dispatcher that her dad shot her mom, gave his clothing description, vehicle description and that she thought he was going to his cousin's house. Police were able to catch him while driving, murder weapon still in hand. The little girl is like 13 now and doesn't remember any of it. Still gives me the chills." Another poster was surprised that kids would do well in an emergency situation, thinking they'd be more likely to panic. The 911 Operator answered, "Kids are very literal. Even in emergency situations, they can focus and answer questions very well. They give excellent details on descriptions. I think it may have a lot to do with the fact that they are in the learning process still and they are getting the chance to show someone how smart they are. For example: Dispatcher: 'What color shirt did he have on?' Kid: 'Well, I think it was the color......green, yeah green!'" I do not think it's likely that a 3 1/2 year old wandered a mile away from his family in broad daylight and decided to take a nap under a bush, had a vivid dream about a kidnapping, then woke up in time to be found.

All the missing children in our nation's forests cannot be ignored. For all we know there could be a pedophile ring operating in the caves there because they can go relatively undetected. How will we know until this is checked out? Reading about another missing child describing a dog that carried her away, it could be as simple as an adult who's dressing in a big furry costume to gain the trust of a child (who knows better than to wander off with a strange person) and so that the child's story will seem implausible and no one will investigate further. Because if I child says "This big man picked me up and carried me away" then there's going to a massive search through those woods for that man. But a big dog carrying them away? "Overactive imagination. Lets ignore it."

To the OP: Your son was with him when he disappeared and ran to look for him in every direction. What does he think happened? Does he think his son just took off at a dead run and disappeared instantly? What did your grandson say when asked why he wandered away from his father? Does he remember leaving/being taken away, or did he "wake up" in a cave? What do his parents think about him predicting the falling tree and your bout of food poisoning?
edit on 18-11-2012 by imworkingdamnit because: added 1 more quote from 911 operator.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
One more question...

If this was a case of a pedophile ring or human trafficking, it wouldn't make sense for them to successfully abduct a child just to put them back somewhere to be found. If you ask your grandson why the other grandma kappy took him to the cave, what does he say?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My sons first thought is that he was abducted by another camper, so he searched the campground first. Grandson said the other grandma just took his hand and they went for a walk to the cave. I assume she was able to get away before he ran up the river trail.
My son and daughter-in-law think he must have notice the tree start to lean, but no one else noticed it. I have a hard time believing that a 4 yr old would be so aware of his environment, especailly since the tree was on the other side of a 6' wooden fence. They cant explain why he knew I was going to get sick, maybe he got sick on left overs before, we were baffled by that, but I had to call my son to pick him up I was really ill.
If he was taken by a sicko, I would have to say that they were spooked by the posibility of getting caught by the hundreds of volunteers that immediately began to comb the area.

There are a few questions I havent been able to address, blood type, exact camp spot for google earth etc. my son is out of town. I was at the Clear Creek Camp Ground above French Gulch, as the crow flies it is about 35-40 mi from McCloud in the same national forest. The clear creek coordinates are: 40 56 27 06 N 122 34 53 40W I apologize if I forgot to answer some questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join