It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abduction or imagination? Is something in our forests?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+106 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Last fall my 3 1/2 yr old grandson was lost in the Shasta Forest for 5 hours. Thanks to volunteers and rescue personal he was found. My son said "He was here, then within a second he was gone. They thought he had been abducted by other campers. (trust me the worst nightmare ever) About 3 weeks after this happened, he was at my house, and out of the blue he announced "I dont like the other grandma Kappy" (his name for me grandma Kathy) I said, "what are you talking about buddy? Im the only grandma Kappy", He said "Dont you remember when I was wost in the woods?, Well, the other grandma Kappy grabbed me and took me to a creepy place, shes really a robot." I was thinking he was telling a story, so I asked "what was creepy about it, and why do you think she was a robot?
"It was a cave with spiders, and there was purses and guns. I was too scared, so I didnt touch anything. But, when she climbed a ladder, the light made her look like a robot. There were other robots too, but they didnt move." So I asked "What did she do with you Buddy?" "She made me lay down to look at my tummy, then she tried to get me to poop on a sticky paper, but I couldnt go. She told me that I am from outer space, and they put me in my moms tummy. Then she took me back to the river and said to wait under the bush until someone found me.
I called my son and ask What the H are you letting my grandson watch on tv? And I told him what he said. He said that he told them the same story a few days ago. But, chalked it up to having the smartest most amazing kid with the biggest imagination ever. (Im grandma, so I of course have to agree)
I know that kids have imaginations, but it was the pooping on sticky paper that really makes me wonder, Ive never watched a tv program that mentioned pooping on sticky paper. There were other details too much to list.
But, one of the reasons I am bothered by this story, is because I was camping in the same area the year before. And, I woke up one morning face down in the dirt, out of my tent, and sleeping bag. I had a puncture wound in the back of my head. Im a grandma in my 50s, I dont sleep in the dirt! I was violently ill. Too sick to even pack and go home. I thought it was a spider bite. It took me a very long time to feel normal. I had no creativity, no emotions. My friend was camping with us. He was sleeping in his camper. He also had a "bite" in the back of his neck. And was violently ill. We were in seperate sleeping areas. Before we went to bed there were red eyes shining through the trees in our flashlights. We thought a herd of deer were trying to get to the river, so we didnt think too much about it. But, now i wonder. My friend is checking into wildlife camara's. He wants to go up and place them around that campground.
One weird thing about this place, is that there was no wild life. The only birds we saw were 2 crows. They flew in, sat in a tree and watched us. I thought they were waiting for the cheetos to fall in the dirt. At the time, we were creeped out by them. I camp a lot, usually there are butterflies, birds, squirrals etc. This time nothing. We didnt even see a bee.
My son has forbidden to ask my grandson about the incident, because you can create a false memory, by repetitive reminding, so for a year I have not mentioned it to him. But, he is 4 1/2 now and I asked him again about what happened. He repeated the same story, except he said she took him to a dungeon instead of a cave.
It will be interesting to see if he has a memory of these events when he is about 8-9 yrs old.
This was at Mc Cloud California.

I have been very bothered by his story, so I have been researching if there are others who have simular stories. I ran accross an interview by the author of Missing 411. Which discusses the weird disappearances in our national forests. There are threads on ATS about "Missing 411".
In my reading about the national forests, I ran into discussions about the wilderness closeing due to lack of funding, and the Agenda 21 wilderness conservation acts. There are other threads about Agenda 21 also.
I think my question is, what is really going on in the national forests? Are they being closed off because there is a real threat living there?
Are they being closed and corridored and off limits to the public, because something has taken over the woods?
I wouldnt be questioning anything if our family would not have experianced unusual things in the forest.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I found this C2C interview interesting. Long story short, the park service is covering up the statistics.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You should ask him to do some drawings of the event? I know he is a kid, maybe ask him to draw himself as well so you can compare how he draws humans to any thing else he might draw?

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well if I were you I would post the location and let all the curious ATSers go and case the site. I think information is power and the more people that know about this place is the better.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

being from this area have you heard anything about this? were you close to mount shasta itself? i have been to the norcal area and have a few friends there and have seen and heard some strange stories. do u think this might have any connection to what you grandbaby saw?

link

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Having him draw pics is a great idea. I keep tons of art stuff for him!
This happened on the McCloud river at the McCloud campground. David Paulitis points out that there are 2 national forests young boys go missing from and this is one of those forests. His account was in the McCloud newspaper. Not the story he told, just that he was lost. I think the only reason he came home to us, is because hundreds of volunteers showed up in minutes and started to sweep the country side. Whatever, whoever knew they would be found and ditched him under a bush.
Personally, I think we should organize the thousands of hunters that live up here and do a shoulder to shoulder walk through the woods, look in every cave, turn over every rock until we get to the bottom of this.
I would definately get involved if we did a national forest sweep. But, I will never camp in this area again!!!!! Not with out the militia!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Hi misskat,

I was reading through your story and was just about to chalk it up to one of the better weird tales I have read recently and was about to be on my way when I saw where all this happened. McCloud. You mean McCloud by Shasta, right?

If so, then I concur, I have been in some really strange places all over the earth, and McCloud is easily 1 of the 2 strangest.

It is just markedly weird, I don't know yet if anyone else has posted about it, but yeah, you don't even have to squint.

There is a distinct physical sensation of pressure that I experience every time I have been and I have been there twice. I have always been happy to leave. The second time was strangest of all. Anyhow, I am typically thick as brick when it comes to all sorts of 'paranormal' stuff, but I don't think one needs to be especially sensitive to experience the place as very, very strange.

Shasta in general is the locus for a lot of strangeness.

Shastian Weirdness

Thanks for the story.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

If so, then I concur, I have been in some really strange places all over the earth, and Mc Cloud is easily 1 of the 2 strangest.

Isnt that the area where the "alleged" Mels Hole is said to be in or around or nearby or something?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

No, Mel's Hole is in Washington State.

2nd.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yes, McCloud near Mt Shasta Calif.
I think it is Siskyou County. And I just read an article about how there is a huge land grab by the govt in Siskyou county under Agenda 21. I will try to figure out how to load a link to the article.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Ah, yea my bad been a long time since I last visited this story, for some reason I mixed up Ranier with Shasta.. nvm

edit on 11/15/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If you google "Defend Rural America" go to their website and it will explain what is going on in Siskiyou County and the government implementing Agenda 21 in Siskiyou. When a land owner dies it goes to the state, not the heirs.
I havent figured out how to link!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Very interesting thread! I understand fully that children's accounts need to be taken with a grain of salt sometimes, but I also think they could be a lot less biased than an adults account. I think the problem lies in that the child has to relate his/her experience with a somewhat/very limited vocabulary and might sometimes use words or phrases that to us sound odd or supernatural when in fact they just don't know the correct words to use, that could make things sound more scientific.

Hope that makes sense, I think you will get my meaning. Very fascinating either way, it must be frightening to have your child/grandchild tell you a story like that. Honestly I think it would be hard to discount their story, you would want to believe every word because they are your kid/grandkid and you know their past experience and what they have be exposed to but they logical adult brain in your head tells you it is impossible.

Aside from all that, I literally can't even imagine the terror involved with your child/grandchild disappearing for hours on end in the forest. Out of curiousity as a parent, how did life resume after this event? Was he allowed out of your/mom & dads sight afterwards? I imagine I wouldn't even want to put my son down in the living room for a couple years after an experience like that.

That is the stuff real nightmares are made of. Being a parent is the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced. I will be sitting in the living room watching my son play with his toys and watching t.v. and all of a sudden have near panic attacks thinking of all the things out in the world waiting to harm my son. A lot off topic here at the end but this story really struck a cord with me. Looking forward to hearing more from you, and really interested in seeing some artwork by the little guy.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
My son actually collapsed. He ran up and down in every direction until he just collapsed and had to be carried back to camp. I wasnt camping with them at the time, and I didnt know about it until a couple of days later and I still fell apart, and sobbed for an hour. We are investing in a tracking device to clip on his belt. I think every parent should have a locator chip they can clip on to their child when out in a crowd or camping. And we never take our eyes off of him. An experiance like that will certianly make you hypervigalent. I doubt if I will let them go camping by themselves ever again. Even though my son is in his 30s and very responsible.

And you are right, I think he is trying to tell what happened in the terms he understands, or thinks we will understand. I dont want to bring it up to him, and make a big deal about it, because I dont want him to have a false memory. But, in a few months I am going to ask him about it and try to tape his response.
I emailed the Sheriffs office and told the officer his story. I am sure they think Im a little wacko. But, what if this matches someone else's story?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I had a conversation with my wife about this thread, it really brought up some really strong feelings in me to read this story.

I understand fully your hesitation to talk to him about what happened, but dang I would love to get more info on this. I would really like to hear what the "guns and purses" could have been, if not actual guns and purses. I was trying to imagine what could have happened if it was indeed something normal that he wasn't able to express in words we would understand better. I am having a hard time expressing myself tonight for some reason, nothing is coming out how it sounds in my head.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Im Glad you found him ok.

There are many stories of Mt Shasta on the web. Also mention of a "Telos".

Seems people have seen UFOs enter the mountain, mysterious people appearing etc.

Here is one story.
www.onelight.com...

I'm sure a search of Mt Shasta on ATS will show some older threads.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I didnt include this in the first post, but when I asked him what the other grandma looked like, he insisted she looked like me. In his words "she had your same hair, your feet and even your face". In his mind he was taking a walk with me. Now that scares me deeply. When he talked about the light sparkled on her, and she looked like a robot, I got the mental impression of a halogram. Not a robot. I asked him what a robot is, and he said "its made out of metal and has a romote control."
I dont know what to make out of it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Very interesting share. I am glad it turned out ok albeit with odd results. I lived between Mt Shasta and Mt Lassen for over 5 years. There are many caves in the area, which my son and myself have explored extensively. My son being about five on his first expedition. Hat Creek Radio Observatory isn't too far away either, home of the Allen Telescope Array. The tour was quite interesting.
Drawings may prove useful.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I was camping in the same area the year before. And, I woke up one morning face down in the dirt, out of my tent, and sleeping bag. I had a puncture wound in the back of my head. Im a grandma in my 50s, I dont sleep in the dirt! I was violently ill. Too sick to even pack and go home.

Perhaps you blacked out from a night of heavy drinking. That, or perhaps dementia or Alzheimer's? Maybe you were drugged and both are cases where you were victims of some corporation doing random experiments on people? That's far more believable than aliens.

I find this story pretty far-fetched. Don't believe a word of it. Don't take it personal but, I don't know you and have no reason to take a stranger's claims as the truth. I call BS.

+45 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have wondered if I had a stroke that night. I questioned alzhiemers too. No drinking or drugs. I was gold panning for most of the day and wondered if I exposed myself to mercury in the creek.I have found natural occuring Mercury before, but I didnt see any in the pan on this trip. But, it doesnt explain my friend with the same wound and also very ill.
My grandson could have just gotten lost and made up a story. But, he was only 3 when he told us this. I didnt write the post to get believers. I wrote it to see if there were others with simular stories, and to let people know that we have experianced some strange things in the forest. I am also wondering if any of this has to do with our National Forests being closed due to lack of funding.
I really hope you never have to experiance anything like this. .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join