It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's New Boss or Puppet? Xi Jinping

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I have long felt that the "game plan" - since possibly as early as the Nixon administration, has been to merge China and the US into a coalition with similar policies and governance. For this to happen China would need to become more free and open to capitalism and for the US to be come more controlled and totalitarian.

~Heff

You might have knocked it out of the Park, with this response.............

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I just wanted to thank everybody for posting their thoughts and contributing to the discussion so far

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I think some may need to alter their thinking.

China does not think like the West. They do not really care about their people as individuals, but they care very deeply about their people as the collective.

While America seems hell bent on extracting everything possible from mums and dads in the name of capitalism (Greed) china sees itself as the collective. A happy, healthy population do not assist China to be strong, they are China and the leaders of China have this as a central belief.

When the US economy falls over, many believe that it will take China with it. Rubbish! It will hurt China, yes! But China will shift it's resources inwards, towards it's burgeoning middle class. This class is huge, HUGE, and will consume while China finds other markets.

Remember that when the US falls, many other countries will fall as well, some further than others. China is just as likely to be there to help many up off the floor and cement new and long lasting relationships. She will be the first to fully recover.

Yes, she has problems. It remains to be seen how she handles them. By far the biggest is the one she publicly mentioned. Bribery! This is the root cause of the fall of both communism in the USSR and the fall that is about to happen in the USA. Yes, there are other names for it, pick whatever flavor suits you.

China has one ace in the sleeve to deal with this problem. She can be very ruthless! Taking these people out and shooting them is a very real possibility and makes a very powerful statement. The real question is can she do this to members of the ruling elite. Time will tell.

P

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm glad you posted this information. I dont think we know much about the guy.
Now we know him a bit better. Wonder how it'll all play out ...

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
The primary reason I voted for Obama was my perception that he would be more effective in foreign policy, particularly in building on relations with China.

Did you see the latest SouthPark episode? They got into that. It was FUNNY!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Hefficide

I have long felt that the "game plan" - since possibly as early as the Nixon administration, has been to merge China and the US into a coalition with similar policies and governance. For this to happen China would need to become more free and open to capitalism and for the US to be come more controlled and totalitarian.

Anyone else think that the current world tends to support my hypothesis?

~Heff

Bingo

I was hoping somebody else would touch on that. It just seemed very odd that the US would knowingly let so much business and commerce go one way knowing full well that it would have such a drastic effect on the US. It became blatantly obvious when Slick Willie turned a blind eye when China was caught red handed stealing sensitive Missile tech secrets then within a few short years their floundering manned space program made great strides in leaps and bounds.

Now we find our two economies and interests are so intertwined that if somebody in DC farts they smell it in Beijing. The US invades Iraq, China is awarded a contract to develop one of Iraq's largest untapped fields. The US invades Afghanistan, China signs agreements and long term contracts to develop Afghan's estimated 3 Trillion dollars worth of rare Earths and other natural resources etc etc etc.

It seems they are trying to meet in the middle. China becomes a little bit more liberal and open and the US becomes a little bit more draconian.
edit on 15-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

This is an interesting hypothisis. There could be some meat on this bone. Considering that the chinese are very active in africa and south and central america,as are we. Seems to me that this could be an approiate conclusion to reach. The fact that China is buying up large tracts of american land link It's a possibility that there is some behind the scenes deal being worked out.

The chinese and americans making a coalition may allow them to control the world's resources. This will in all likelyhood lead to their dominance worldwide. Control the resources and control the world economy.

I think that this new fellow may be a better fit for this kind of scenario, not as stogy as the previous people that were in charge. Perhaps more open to pressing forward with such an agenda.

Frankly the chinese scare the you know what out of me. I don't trust their motives, as they tend to plan long term, and not reveal their plans till they're already in place.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yes, some media is projecting him to be the next world leader... a title that most of the world has long believed belongs automatically to the US President.

Social unrest is also huge in China at the moment, there's a big workers rights momentum. So really the question that is most prominent in my mind is how is this man going to handle it? Will he support workers and usher is some Labor Rights or will he subvert the movement? What will it mean for the world economy if the world can no longer exploit Chinese Slave Labor?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
President Xi is only a puppet, despite having the powerful military portfolio, something new in China today, for that post rightfully belonged to ex President Hu jingtao, who reformistly gave it up so that President Xi can start with a clean slate, as in line of all democratic institutions where power resides in the chief.

The real power is the senile old hardcore fool - Jiang Zemin. He is supposed to be retired, but China is a land of patronage, when promotions are debts of honor that must be paid. 5 of the leaders are Jiang's hardcore cliche. Those of the reformist mould, whom were tipped to be in the leadership, were ousted.

President Xi may hold power, but the 5 hardcore old uncles will decide, and if against Jiang's conservative beliefs, nothing will get past. Everyone of the military chiefs owe debts of honor to Jiang, not to the President. Jiang will not and had not surrendered control, even when ousted from the military head position by ex President Hu.

The 5 old uncles will not live forever, and is only a matter of time before they grow senile and have to relinquish power. President Xi and the chinese people only needs to sit it out.

As to President Xi's style of governance, it will be social democratic style bodering upon strict Authoritarianism, economic enfranchisement before democratic institutions are emplaced, such as rule of law. The central committee is still the one who will mouth what is the law and what is not, as and when at the moment.

This was the style of the tiny state in Asia - Singapore, under the founder Lee Kuan Yew, who inherited a piece of rock with no resources and turned into a jewel of the world within one generation, prosperously for all and even multiculturally while at that. The great Deng Xia Ping saw Singapore as an aspiration, not just inspiration, and had remarked often enough even in public.

Thus, successive CCP leaders had spent time studying the efficient, pragmatic and low corruption Singapore style administration - believe it or not, they have schools for that in Singapore, and many of the leaders within the party such as mayors and bureacrats graduated from there.

President Xi is no different from Deng, and equally saw Singapore as a model for the future direction of China, the land of 1.3 billion people, whom will need a GDP of at $12 Trillion annually if it is to socially take care of everyone.

In order to achieve that figure, the way is not by corruption and treating workers as slaves with slave wages. Ex President's developement of Scientific Thought model is the way to go economically. Investments in science and tech research intelligently, not cronyismly or stealing innovation from the west, and better all rounded education to groom the next generations of citizens into innovative economic paths, not just finance or party paths, with opportunity for all.

And that can only achieve if the chinese people are free - free to speak out, to question, beginning while young, for then it will build a thirst for true knowledge, and a path for them to each seek out their way to contribute to society.

The Obama Administration only seeks to partner with China. Positive engagement seems to be the only way to go forward as there are still diehard old hardcore paranoid commie elements within the CCP that needs to either die off or won over.

The world is big enough for all, so long as each superpower realize that it trade is the lifeblood of the world to progress and evolve in peace under established international Rule of law and human rights, and do nothing to disrupt it.

edit on 16-11-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is an interesting development. He will also be in charge of the Military. China's Military hawks have over the years have been very vocal about their ambitions to be a "Super power" militarily. With all that has been taking place over the past few years with China jostling with their neighbors over resources, Mainly the Philippines, Vietnam and Japan just to name a few. How he handles their rhetoric and ambitious drive should be watched closely imho.
Well I just posted a threadATS_THREAD about the Lajes Airfield in the Azores. Slowly but surely they are advancing into the former strategic points of EU and US as their quest is clearly visualized.

This is exactly the situation that many here, myself included, have been watching. China will have a tough time ahead. With rising inflation, slowing economic growth, social and political opposition. The crevasse between the Haves and the Have nots is much larger than in Western countries and continues to grow as the new Chinese middle and upper classes move forward while the rest flounder in the backwash of development which is a historically classic recipe for massive internal strife which appear to be on the rise.
This would make sense if the SHTF in that region. The government will then have to put them to work at any cost (including wars) or in the name of nationalism.

This shouldn't surprise many here about the idea of the political face of China changing towards a more Western form of Democracy. The Chinese in-spite of the Great Firewall have had a taste of Western Liberalism and as they say 'Once the Ginnie is out of he bottle it's impossible to put back'. Western music, movies, clothing styles etc etc etc have taken China by storm.
True however so far the movements have been crushed. Ofcourse one of the main tool is blocking the information from reaching the people (Internet, TV etc). CCTV which started not too long in the US is trying hard to change the opinions both back home and abroad with the government backed issues/agendas/propogandas using many western staff in their lineup. CTV
On his disappearance for a while, I think he was possibly sent away for a 10 days crash course in Diplomacy (chinese style) before being presented in front of the camera and the world. The geopolitical chess game is definitely getting more interesting day by day. Something to think about and think about for the next few years as per how their expansion/soft power will be projected/increased in the SE and NA continents. Nice thread as usual. S&F.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

They have shown their hand time and time again with regards to workers rights. When one group starts acting up and making demands they tend to dump them and bring in another group of workers who are hungry enough to take whatever is offered. They have a massive labor pool to choose from.

Lather

Rinse

Repeat.....

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah I did see it, and it was hilarious. Made my conspiracy mind spin, thinking that the US and China are way closer than anyone knows. Particularly under Obama. Fine with me though, rather have China as a close ally than an enemy. Really, I'd go as far to say as developing our relationship with China should be foreign policy priority #1. The two most powerful countries working together would go a long way into resolving issues in the Middle East and raising the standard of life worldwide.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
President Jinping is gonna have a hard time bringing about the reforms that China needs to make.The hardliners will cause problems as hardliners always do as the old Chinese saying goes:May you live in interesting times.

PS:Another great thread Slayer S&F

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
China has the same problems the rest of the world is facing. In the end, Xi Jinping will do what his comrades tell him to do.

Yep, the 'Big Money' there, tempered by the 'Old Guard' will still control Chinese prosperity. Just as they have made leaps and bounds in their own industrial revolution, they will have to come out of a farming mentality into a state of the art finance mentality.
They still have their share of problems that must be addressed. Pollution is number one. What good is it if everyone's dying because of their newfound prosperity. Sure they can afford to loose hundreds of millions of people and still be one of the most populous places on Earth, but the pollution remains, the problem hasn't gone away. Even the rich can't hide from it.
Pressure to come into the 21st century has brought about a new face. The veneer has changed, what about the character ? Look at North Korea... changes have evolved the country by necessity.
Of course, then look at the Middle East. Barbarism is well and strong there.
Do you think ET's would visit the Earth ? Why would they entangle themselves in this mess.
Oh yea, don't forget 12-21-12 and Fukushima and the Louisiana sink hole, or Greece, or....or .... or..

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hi Slayer69.
So they "elected" this guy Xi Jinping to be like the commander and chief?

So shadow groups have put this guy Xi Jinping out in the spot light, do to their bidding and follow their orders, while at the same time giving him direct power over the military, like our presidents have such power over?

I ask these questions, as the research and reading I have done, have not lead me to a straight forward answer.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
China has been on a twisted path toward modernization ever since they abandoned Maoism and rewrote the entire idea of the Communist Party of China.

The huge cap between the rich and the poor, the reestablishment of the social and economic class system, fighting over resources with their Asian neighbors, a political committee which has become nothing more than a collective dictatorship and a crazed nationalist military with dreams of picking a fight with the world have all largely came about due to the Communist Party of China deciding to say `The hell with Maoism and the single largest social revolution in human history. We wanna get rich at all cost!`

I fully believe if they had stuck with the teachings of Maoism they could have been one of the greatest nations in the world. Instead, party leadership has decided to take society backwards instead of progress forward. The party has used their structure and influence in China to operate an extreme form of capitalism which will destroy China.

From everything I have been watching, as far as China is concerned, their biggest problem is the massive housing and construction bubble. I think that then they bubble burst they are going to have some issues which the party is not going to be able to fix.

Here are two vids which go into the problem of their housing bubble.

edit on 19-11-2012 by freedomwv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
puppet. i just read in the news that shanghai now has a free trade zone. the major beneficiaries of the Chinese economy are western corporations rather than China itself. everyone in China is so westernised, it's pretty pathetic. want to know how you spot a puppet? if they send their kids to the west to get "educated". most all puppets ive seen have been educated in the west, and thats how you get trained to be a puppet. got a degree from harvard, or oxbridge? then you're already half way there. i havent seen a real boss in 35yrs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join