It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made in the USA !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I found this story and was shaking my head and smiling..Just goes to show how stupid the whole situation has become. It sends a message to The US Government Officials I hope.

CHICAGO — More than 80 percent of U.S. consumers and, perhaps more surprising, over 60 percent of Chinese consumers say that they are willing to pay more for products labeled “Made in USA” than for those labeled “Made in China,” according to new research released today by The Boston Consulting Group (BCG).

Not that the corporations or Government officials care but I sure wish we could have "I won't buy it from China" week. Even The Chinese know the difference.

More than 60 percent of Chinese consumers are willing to pay more for Made in USA goods. Nearly 50 percent of Chinese consumers prefer a product made in the U.S. to a China-made product of equivalent price and quality. The premium that Chinese consumers are willing to pay ranges from about 10 percent to almost 80 percent in the categories tested. More than half had chosen U.S.-made products over less expensive Chinese goods at least once in the month before the survey.

TextDriven by Quality and Patriotism, U.S. Shoppers Will Pay a 10 to 60 Percent Premium for the Made in USA Brand Across a Broad Range of Product Categories, According to a Boston Consulting Group Survey

The full link is below.

www.manufacturing.net...
edit on 15-11-2012 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Last year we bought nothing but American made for our kids Christmas. We had no idea how bad it was until trying that. Even American Girl dolls are made outside the U.S.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If the modern world as a whole and mainly the western type societies realize the spell they have been put under to consume, consume and consume and after the consuming make sure to consume some more.

This is just a rouse to keep peoples eyes closed to the fact that consumerism is a major cause for many or I'm even willing to say most of the issues concerning society world wide today

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Made in China goods could be real good if the buyers would quit telling the Chinese factories to make them only to last till the warrantee is up. They do what they are told. I think the predetermined flaws could be eliminated and the products would be great. The thing is that these flaws are also put into American made stuff.

I have nothing against the chinese people making stuff. If there were jobs for all our workers of all intelligence than it would be fine. Why can't our unemployment be zero, why is even five percent acceptable. If a person isn't looking for a job they aren't counted in unemployment anyway and seasonal adjustment is being done to hide total unemployment figures. Unemployment should be higher in winters and lower in summer so people could see and know what is going on. Deceit in these formulas can really distort what is really happening. Get more factories back in America. Tax imports again.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The sad part of our outsourcing trend is how easy it would be to fix it. Were we to guarantee the same labor rights for all of our trade partners (not in dollars, but another metric) we could prevent the massive off-shoring while still taking advantage of globalization. Certainly jobs would be off-shored to locations where the cost of living was lower, but we wouldn't be losing jobs to sweatshops. To have labor rights domestically but not guarantee them abroad makes outsourcing inevitable. Unfortunately the conversation isn't about global labor rights, but about limiting domestic labor rights to return competitiveness.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Willing but doing?

If they can have something similar for lower price, principles fade away fast (mostly).

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

You know I was getting ready to do some traveling throughout the country about 4 years ago and needed a propane cook stove. I was willing to pay whatever it might cost as long as it was USA made and spent 7 hours looking for one in numerous stores and never had any luck.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

When we bought American we had to do all of our shopping online. It still took hours and hours sorting through the websites. I don't know if we're doing it this year. Probably not because we haven't started yet. You have to have a lot of time and patience. Plus the kids may not get what they asked Santa for.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
yep....cool story....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Anybody who knows hand tools knows China produces crap.

American made hand tools are made to last.

I can't tell you how many times I've been over at a neighbors, friends or family members house lending a hand doing some basic repairs and I've asked for a socket wrench or some other such tool only to have the socket crack and I bust a knuckle due to the fact that it cracked or stripped.

You get what you pay for. Lifetime warranties don't really mean squat if it's crap. They'll just replace it with more inexpensive cheaply made crap VS something that is solidly made and fairly pricey but you'll know it will not only have a lifetime warranty but a life expectancy of a few decades before it needs replacing.

My favorite are SK tools others may vary.
edit on 15-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join