It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the U.S. Military Would Crush a Tea Party Rebellion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

How the U.S. Military Would Crush a Tea Party Rebellion

www.forbes.com

This isn’t the Pentagon providing military support to hurricane victims, or even sending troops to support local authorities as during the 1992 Los Angeles riots. This is a war. There will be casualties. Refugees from the fighting must be housed and fed. But it’s a strange kind of war. Thus U.S. forces begin, as any combat forces would, by attempting to collect intelligence on enemy forces – but then has to erase the intel within 90 days after operations are completed, in order not to run afoul of federal privacy laws. They will be eavesdropping on “enemy” communications, but only wi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I just can’t fathom or justify what I was reading about the scenarios being run in this article. Have things really escalated to the point that we need to be running scenarios on our own citizens? How can they continue operating within the letter of the law while twisting the laws true intent to protect our citizens into something so far from the original intent that it is clearly illegal? This clever ruse to circumvent our personal freedoms and liberty is not something that any American should take lightly.
All I can say is everyone needs to completely read the linked article for a reality check.

www.forbes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11/15/2012 by meticulous because: typo

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
they've been doing that since the 60's ..... its only becoming public knowldge now .... dont kid yourselves that they wont use troops on their own citizens... they will ....
edit on 15/11/12 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by meticulous

Tea Partiers are far too fat and old to start any sort of rebellion. Plus they greatly live on foodstamps, SS, and farm subsidies..... they love the government, just for them.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This article assumes the willingness of a large number of the military to turn their guns on American citizens, and in some cases their own relatives.

It would never happen.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

I can tell you from personal experience, that a vast majority of the military would not do this. I was in Katrina, my unit was sent to New Orleans, the governor told us " shoot anyone you guys see stealing on site".

The quickly rushed him from the room amongst a chorus of soldiers about to lose their "military bearing" about his comments. Most of the things I heard yelled, and yelled myself were " we didnt join up to shoot Americans!" " are you effing crazy?" " our effing stupid if you think I am going to shoot Americans"...etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If there is a rebellion, it wont be the sheep that are living off the government dime who are rebelling. it will be the those of us who love liberty and are whats left of the back bone of this once great country. they will be left with those who live on the government dime and have a false sense of entitlement. in these scenarios that they run, do they ever think about the fact that they will be left with a whole population of actors , whopper floppers and politicians?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
American troops will not open fire on American civilians.

Those who do, or would are traitors.

Methinks you'd see a lot of commanding officers shot with side arms from their subordinates after these sorts of orders were given.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Militaries are made up if armies. Armies are made up of men. Men are only human. Humans are not thoughtless drones.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Tea partiers are surviving on food stamps and gov. Aid? What is this, Opposite Day?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Interesting read.

I don't see a purely radical conservative movement being a major issue for the US government. More frightening though, would be if other groups see opportunity and create a perfect storm of radicalism in America. Maybe these tea party type groups rise in a few areas. Then, maybe a few race based incidents incite some increased violence in African American gangs. In the chaos, a Native American tribe or two decides to expand their land holdings. Then, Muslim extremists see an opening for a crippling attack and execute.

Even in this situation, America wouldn't be seriously threatened from a military standpoint. If every radical in the US unified with the common enemy of the federal government, they'd still be no match for the world's largest military. I doubt many troops would even have to be brought home, there are a lot based here now. There would be casualties for sure, and it would be a guerrilla style war that would drag on.

The economic implications though, could really be crushing.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Let’s not turn this into political party bashing. The title of the original article was not my choice of words and is quoted. This article is so far off the mark from being about the current election and party politics I don’t know how you could even connect the two besides the fact that Forbes used “Tea Party” as an example scenario in the articles headline. Don’t have a knee jerk reaction to only the articles title, actually read the story.

The point was that its things like this being done on the fringes of the shadowy grey background will affect everyone no matter what political party you trust in. If you don’t think something like this will affect you, you’re sadly mistaken.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by meticulous

Shocking, isn't it? Other US reality bytes:

ATS: "Tanks" Dispel Anti-War Protest in USA

Tanks at anti-war protest in LA

LOS ANGELES, November 9, 2004 - At 7:50 PM two armored tanks showed up at an anti-war protest in front of the federal building in Westwood. The tanks circled the block twice, the second time parking themselves in the street and directly in front of the area where most of the protesters were gathered. Enraged, some of the people attempted to block the tanks, but police quickly cleared the street. The people continued to protest the presence of the tanks, but about ten minutes the tanks drove off.

The Kent State shootings—also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacre[2][3][4]—occurred at Kent State University in the U.S. city of Kent, Ohio, and involved the shooting of unarmed college students by the Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970. The guardsmen fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.[5]
Some of the students who were shot had been protesting against the American invasion of Cambodia, which President Richard Nixon announced in a television address on April 30. Other students who were shot had been walking nearby or observing the protest from a distance.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Why would it a tea party rebellion? I don't get that, its not only the tea party people that are unhappy with the way this country is going (excluding Obama, not everything is about that guy).

I also don't think we should underestimate an American resistance to the 'new world order', guerilla warfare tactics have been known to be successful in the past (Vietnam) and not ALL of the American military will fire on Americans. I personally know military personnel that do weekly trainings on civil defense (defense against us) and they tell me that they and their friends in the military will not only refuse to fire on Americans but they will fight on our side.

Despite the ignorance in the world, not every military personnel is ignorant of the Constitution and their oath to it.

When the dark day comes, and I really hope it doesn't, Americans will stand up and fight for their freedom just like their founding fathers did before them. The will to fight for freedom is the strongest one.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

I agree

Oath Keepers Ft. Leavenworth Billboard for Calling Tea Party “Enemy” of U.S. Military

edit on 15-11-2012 by etshrtslr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrisMajor
reply to post by Expat888

Militaries are made up if armies. Armies are made up of men. Men are only human. Humans are not thoughtless drones.
history often repeats itself... prior to the american civil war people thought similar - that troops wouldnt fire on citizens... when it happens again there will again be a division within the ranks between those who support the corrupt regime who will fire on citizens and those who will support the oath they took to the constitution and the people... it will get very bloody before its done ....

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
they've been doing that since the 60's ..... its only becoming public knowldge now .... dont kid yourselves that they wont use troops on their own citizens... they will ....
edit on 15/11/12 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

But as a 19 year veteran I can say with certainty that 90% of the soldiers would not fire on Americans.

I could see some officers and a few malcontents hoping on the bandwagon, but the bulk of the military will not. Oathkeepers has been keeping a low profile lately for a very good reason, but we are still here. And we are paying attention.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
They'd shoot on Americans. All they need is a proper excuse and intentional compartmentalization.

A Katrina style order of "shoot looters on sight" certainly wont fly.

But send them in to quell an anti-American extremist militia uprising? They'd shoot. Especially if you sent Californian units to Vermont and vice versa.

Eventually most of them will come around but at first "just following orders" as long as they're given the right orders will result in a lot of heartache and damage.

I recall in an older thread regarding the NG patrolling diring Katrina a poster who claimed to be there in service went on a tirade ranting about how civilians shouldnt be armed and any he saw armed would have been shot on sight.

I'll see if I can find it.

Here is one of his threads: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's the direct result of another thread showing distrust of the military. He opens with "of course we wont, we love you" then quickly fills the thread with reasons justifying them using force against the American people.
edit on 15-11-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Kent State

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Any full scale armed rebellion in the US would quickly reduce the US Army to ruin.
Before you jump my stuff just recall how poorly armed and ill trained goatherds in barren terrain inflicted serious casualties on the US army in the Sandbox.
Will it be a stand up fight?
NO chance.
It will be ambush and destruction of logistical points and stores. The US military will grind to a halt and be reduced to foot patrols that will be sniped and shot to peices. It will be bloody and far to many people on both sides will be killed and maimed.
Through in a bit of ethnic cleansing for good measure and you will get a picture far more bleaker than Yugoslavia but in the same style.

It aint going to be a good day for the US but its been far to long in the making and its coming so get ready for it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join