It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant Owner to Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Paying taxes better society???? Now that is very very funny.
How is that tax money doing for the whole war on poverty??
Good right?? Seeing as it has increased year after year. There should be, by all rights, no more people in poverty.
How about you consider what of your surroundings have been paid for by taxation? What would you do without? Taxes are the price of civilization.

How they are spent is quite another matter. If the War on Poverty were taken as seriously as...oh...the War on Afghanistan or the War on Iraq, I'm guessing you'd have it licked by now.
edit on 21-11-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, eh?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

No, taxes are the control of the people by a Tyrannical Govt.
Society functioned here in the States for how many years before each step of taxation was forced down our throats?

Your phony believe that taxes improve society is just that, phony.
There were roads and bridges and so on before the beloved taxes were implemented.

But, let's not just look at the beginning, let's look at the current. The current taxes are wasted on Govt bureaucracy and other crap.

As for the war on poverty?? How is it not serious? They take enough to divide it up for what, each family in poverty to get something like $50k.
Yeah, not serious. Yet, more people want the Govt to control more and more.
Maddening to believe a different outcome from Govt will happen, just because they are given more money.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

[Your phony believe that taxes improve society is just that, phony.
There were roads and bridges and so on before the beloved taxes were implemented.
Um...who paid for them?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Society functioned here in the States for how many years before each step of taxation was forced down our throats?

Answer: it never did. Taxes always existed albeit in different shapes and forms. If you call it a "tariff", it's still a tax.

Taxation History of the United States
[snip]

edit on 21-11-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Um...who paid for them?

The roads were created by individuals, families and the community.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Um...who paid for them?

The roads were created by individuals, families and the community.

Yeah well a donkey trail can be created by a family. When I think of "individuals" and "families" building the Interstate System, I find this notion quite insane.

And again, when you speak of decent roads in distant past, there was one nation who did it well, and these were Romans. They didn't subscribe to the idiotic notion that a good road will magically be built by "individuals". Quite the opposite, there was an elaborate code and taxation to support that.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yes, as the roads of today were created by taxing heavily the US citizen. And they are always in such great working order, right?
Since again, just another aspect of Govt control, they take such a huge amount of taxes, they should be able to provide roads that are not in a constant state of repair or buildup, so the DOT per state can spend their fiscal budget allotment, so as not to loose that money for the next cycle.

But, let's give them more money and more control.
edit on 21-11-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Since again, just another aspect of Govt control, they take such a huge amount of taxes, they should be able to provide roads that are not in a contact state of repair or buildup

The interstate system is in a fairly decent shape. Most economists count it as a major factor that enabled Americas economic growth. I don't know what the "contact state" is. I've never seen a road in "contact state".

Oh, and of course I'm all ears to learn how "families" and "individuals" will work on maintaining the US nuclear deterrent so that taxpayers don't have to pay for that.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

The interstate system is in a fairly decent shape. Most economists count it as a major factor that enabled Americas economic growth.

Good shape???? But 0bama preached about investing more money into roads and bridges, because they were in such disarray. Those are part of the interstate system, funded by the Fed Govt.
They may count it for past and the beginning economic growth, but the amount of money Govt sucked from the individual was less that it is today.,

I don't know what the "contact state" is. I've never seen a road in "contact state".

So now the grammar police have struck. Man, I am doomed between my spelling and grammar.
It has since been corrected.

Oh, and of course I'm all ears to learn how "families" and "individuals" will work on maintaining the US nuclear deterrent so that taxpayers don't have to pay for that.

WOW, national defense is actually one of the principle responsibilities for the Fed Govt.
I thought you would have known that, since you know, you have such a mastery of spelling and grammar.

edit on 21-11-2012 by macman because: Better correct my spelling before the word police get me again.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The interstate system is in a fairly decent shape. Most economists count it as a major factor that enabled Americas economic growth.

Good shape????

Yes, you can easily find the reports and for what it's worth, I don't have many complaints when I travel on the Interstate. And I crossed the country once.

But 0bama preached about investing more money into roads and bridges, because they were in such disarray.

Bridges are indeed in a poorer conditions than the roads. So you agree that you need to pay more taxes to fix the bridges, right?

WOW, national defense is actually one of the principle responsibilities for the Fed Govt.
I thought you would have known that, since you know, you have such a mastery of spelling and grammar.

Yes Sir! I know that, but you see, the tyrannical government uses every opportunity to rob us. Maybe we should get rid of the nukes and save cash, don't you think?

edit on 21-11-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

No, as maybe instead of the Govt taking more money as taxes, maybe they use the money wisely. Instead of going about life as if they can print money and just tax people more. Oh wait, they are doing that because people like you think paying taxes is your duty and the patriotic thing to do.

Yeah, more Govt and less money in my pocket.

You are right, that is SO much better.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yes, as the roads of today were created by taxing heavily the US citizen. And they are always in such great working order, right?
Since again, just another aspect of Govt control, they take such a huge amount of taxes, they should be able to provide roads that are not in a constant state of repair or buildup, so the DOT per state can spend their fiscal budget allotment, so as not to loose that money for the next cycle.
Actually, there WAS such a thing...called a Railroad. No surprise that they went into decline as they 'extractors' gained political power. Now you have individual trucks pounding the roads into smithereens (and not in the good rock band way) fueled by oil products. I suppose, though, that Amtrak was yet another conspiracy of big government.

Sorry mac...you'd have us racing back into the 18th century. Even then, they were taxed.

...and buddah? Just a cautionary statement that I've known lots of university profs that were really smart folks, but couldn't spell worth beans.
edit on 21-11-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, eh?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It sucks the staff will pay the price.
An average papa J's franchise owner makes 5k a week.
Papa John himself is worth 600 million. Yeah he's worried
about pizza costing 9 cents more.

Oh and government wasting tax money?
Welfare at 49 billion is a bargain compared to
Corporate Welfare at 92 billion.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...
Railroads were created by private industry, not by Govt via taxes.

Amtrak is a private company controlled by the Govt. What is their budget and profit/loss again? Yeah, they are doing wonderful huh?

Sorry, but the answer is not more Govt control and more taxes to suck more money out of my pocket.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

No, taxes are the control of the people by a Tyrannical Govt.

Your phony believe that taxes improve society is just that, phony.

But, let's not just look at the beginning, let's look at the current. The current taxes are wasted on Govt bureaucracy and other crap.

As for the war on poverty?? How is it not serious? They take enough to divide it up for what, each family in poverty to get something like $50k.
Yeah, not serious. Yet, more people want the Govt to control more and more.
Maddening to believe a different outcome from Govt will happen, just because they are given more money.

And back in hose days they road horses and still used leeches for cancer.

And who pays for the military? And the rest?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

Oh, the progressive argument.
Advances in Science have what to to again with more Govt control and higher taxes?

The Military is funded via taxes, and is actually part of the original documents that created the Federal Govt.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Thepump

Oh, the progressive argument.
Advances in Science have what to to again with more Govt control and higher taxes?

The Military is funded via taxes, and is actually part of the original documents that created the Federal Govt.

Slavery is actually apart of that same document, just a reminder.

And the government has invested heavily in science.

Why do we have the most advanced military and technology in
The world?

Science has been spurred on by many sources, government (you and

I) being a big source of that funding.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm curious why these anti-health care people feel it's ok to tax for military action but not for health care?

What's the moral difference?

My theory is the rich are ok with the military because they know it's something out of the rich even for individual rich people.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

You couldn't be more off topic if you tried.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join