It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant Owner to Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by windword

What a coward.

Who is?

This is the reason why 0bama got elected and people think that they are entitled to Govt stuff.
People are to cowardly to stand up for what they believe.

I don't see an iota of logic in this. How's ppl being cowardly led to O's re-election?

And by the way I don't feel entitled to Govt "stuff". I don't think I am. And I pay a lot in taxes.

The reason that O has become re-elected is because the GOP is ideologically bankrupt. Along with a part of citizenry that supports it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

The Owner is a coward, as he caved in to what he took a stand for.

And yes, it is indicative of how our country is going down the crapper.
People say they are for individual responsibility, but it is just for everyone else and they should keep getting their Govt handout.

Oh, and a lower voter turnout for both sides shows how the GOP is bankrupt????
You are severely diluted.
It shows once again that many people enjoy the Govt handouts and don't want that gravy train to go away.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It shows once again that many people enjoy the Govt handouts and don't want that gravy train to go away.
Now that's a relief...and all this time I thought it meant that the GOP was out of touch with the majority of Americans. Thanks for clearing that up!

edit on 20-11-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: of spelling

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Well, technically they are. Most want their Govt freebies. So, you are correct, to an extent.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Guess that means I will be going there again. I just took a group to I hop the other day and I had never seen it so busy. I think he wised up after a period of poor sales. I have a feeling I hop is sad he retracted his statement.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Actually, I don't have a problem with the owner making a public drama over this. I now know not to patronize his business. I wish all business owners would do this as well. It is very common for me to base my purchase decisions on how different businesses treat their employees. I support those who treat their employees well and provide them with a decent wage and healthcare, and I avoid those who don't like the plague.

I wish every employer would put a sign on the wall outside their door stating their stance on healthcare. That way I wouldn't even have to get out of my truck.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You are severely diluted.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary

dilute - to make thinner or more liquid by admixture

I had a blood test recently, my blood is not diluted or adulterated. How can I be "severely diluted"? Pray tell. Oh wait, maybe you don't know words common among educated people. Oops. That's the GOP base.

I just told you I don't get any "handouts". How hard is that to get?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

And your payment of taxes means what???

The masses voted for the group that promised the most stuff.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The Owner is a coward, as he caved in to what he took a stand for.

I actually agree that the owner is a coward. Instead of just increasing the price as stated in the menu, he decided to incite people into hating Obama. What a douche bag! He doesn't do that when the county taxes go up, or the energy prices increase and look -- this is certain to hit his bottom line, but he still doesn't do it. However, when it comes to healthcare, he's all "oh look I'm hurting it's not my fault blah blah blah".

What a jackass.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I had a blood test recently, my blood is not diluted or adulterated. How can I be "severely diluted"? Pray tell. Oh wait, maybe you don't know words common among educated people. Oops. That's the GOP base.

Oh, ya got me. Right where it hurts most.

I might never recover from such a one liner.
Thank God 0bama Care is right around the corner to assist me.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

And your payment of taxes means what???

That I care about this country and the society that inhabits it, and I want Americans to live healthier lives. And I'm not b!tching about it like some dimwits here.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Oh, ya got me. Right where it hurts most. I might never recover from such a one liner.

The irony is not lost on me. But it doesn't change the underlying fact. I'm not "diluted". And no, it's not "nucilar".

edit on 20-11-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

LMAO! Ok my friend, whatever you say. You go on making the decisions about what effects your every day life by living it by HOW something COULD happen. = Fool!

You're a paranoid individual, and it's sad how weak minded robots like yourself try to force your insecurities on us all because you can't face tomorrow.

Don't get mad, You and I just disgree. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

LMAO! Ok my friend, whatever you say. You go on making the decisions about what effects your every day life by living it by HOW something COULD happen. = Fool!

Yeah, I am a fool. You may not believe that, but I use seat belts every time I drive. Even though I've never been in a serious accident, I'm still doing that, because I'm a retard. And oh, to further illustrate my foolishness, when I was active in mountaineering (favorite sport of "weak-minded robots"), I was following all the rules regarding ropes, safety, using helmets and other protective and climbing gear. In my infinite stupidity, I survived. Some people I knew who didn't follow common sense on the climb are unfortunately dead. I guess they were the smart one. So I'm an idiot for being alive and healthy. You know, it was a real hassle to lug all that gear up and down the mountain! How stupid I am!

You're a paranoid individual, and it's sad how weak minded robots like yourself try to force your insecurities on us all because you can't face tomorrow.

Right, I'm pretty paranoid. Look, I took out medical insurance for my kids! I'm totally nuts. To further illustrate how insane I am, one of my daughters developed a pretty bad kidney infection. Because of my severe mental condition (in that I cared to provide medical options for her beyond the ER) she fully recovered in the follow up. I'm sorry to say, that's the extent of my mental illness. I almost wish I was as sane as you, even if it meant that my kid would be crippled for life. At least I would earn your seal of approval. I must learn from a paragon of common sense that you are.

One day, when you are "ready to face tomorrow", this tomorrow is going to suck r@bitt ass, because you didn't plan for it. Well then, I guess I'll just feel like the members of Ron Paul's audience. Heck, I might even cheer.

edit on 21-11-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Really??/ The Biden Statement of "Paying taxes is patriotic"?
Ok then, sure sure.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Uh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya got me again.
What ever shall I do.

Weep in the corner, or just sit here waiting for the third and final blow.
Oh, choices choices.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Really??/ The Biden Statement of "Paying taxes is patriotic"?
Ok then, sure sure.

There are many ways to be patriotic, in addition to chest-thumping. Paying taxes to support a better healthcare system is one of them. Learning how to spell is another.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Ahhhhhhhhhh........You got me, Mr. Spelling Police.

I shall die now, if only 0bama care was here sooner.

Paying taxes better society???? Now that is very very funny.

How is that tax money doing for the whole war on poverty??
Good right?? Seeing as it has increased year after year. There should be, by all rights, no more people in poverty.

You go ahead and continue to be proud, foolishly dumping good money into the hands of the Govt. Sounds like you are getting exactly the Govt you deserve.
More taxes, more control and less freedoms. All in the name of the false premise of "The greater good".

Now, if you had said "It is for the children", then I would be all about it. Because once it is "for the children", then we all know they are serious.

Sure sure then, sure sure.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

reply to post by FreebirdGirl

They do have to have a reason to FIRE you.
If they let you go, then they can't rehire for 2 years I believe.

Now, that reason for termination can range from not a team player to character conflict.

If you don't like it, move somewhere else. Or is it just that the whole world has to change for you?

"If any man tells you he loves America, yet hates labor, he is a liar. If any man tells you he trusts America, yet fears labor, he is a fool."
Abraham Lincoln

It seems you do not like the way America works.I suggest you move somewhere else maybe China. You don't want to pay taxes. You ideas of worker's rights would fit perfectly. Your believe in propaganda and willingness to support the emperor would get a better reception in China.

Labor is ruled by the same forces of supply and demand that govern consumption. At the moment China has a huge supply of labor so companies and employers can dictate the terms. If a worker is unhappy that pay is too low or the conditions are too harsh, he or she can easily be replaced: there are millions of other waiting in line for the job. The details of labor costs are a carefully-guarded secrets in China but analysts estimate that the wages and benefits per factory workers are about a tenth of what they are in the United States.

factsanddetails.com...

This country is defined by the refusal of people to accept tyranny. We began fighting tyranny and we will end this way. Americans bow to no one.

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Richard Henry Lee

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

Cute way to try to associate Lincoln with what I stated as opposing arguments.
Labor, in his statement did not mean "Labor Unions", it was the hard work of an individual.

And what are you babbling about with moving to China?
The country was started as a right to work place, not a bastardized form of Unions running the show.

And what propaganda are you talking about?? Did you even read your retort before you posted it?

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join