It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant Owner to Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Obamacare isn't free. Everyone jumping up and down in favor of Obamacare .. well .. welcome to reality. SOMEONE has to pay. OF COURSE a business is going to pass down the cost of Obamacare. What did you people think business owners were going to do .. suck up the cost themselves?
Obamacare will cost us all ....

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

If 5% forces you or anyone else to tip less I would say it is the person tipping less that is cheap and sorry. Again this is Denny's not so five star restaurant. 5% of your bill will only be about $1 maybe $1.50.

Raist

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Wait so you know this man well enough to attack his character? How do you get he would love to abuse his employees from him charging 5% to cover insurance costs?

Raist

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

All I see is mindless union-bashing.

Some people just can't resist an opportunity to sink even lower on here.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by NavyDoc

To answer your question, neither. The government should not have mandated anything on the employer. I'm surprised so many people think that if only the government mandates things, things happen without any cost or effort.

Great! So the restaurant owner should neither add the cost as an itemization, nor should he raise menu prices, because the government shouldn't have mandated the ACA in the first place.

M'kay, thanks for playing.

Nope, just pointnig out the TRUE underlying cause of the problem. Bitch about the restaurant owner all you want, but we all know who caused the problem in the first place. WIthout the government mandate, this would not even be an issue.

M'kay, thanks for playing.

The TRUE underlying cause is that not everybody can afford to see a doctor, Dr.

Like tens of millions of people, Dr.

So Bitch about the mandate all you want, but there wouldn't be a mandate if there wasn't a problem.

A problem that was created by the government in the first place, from FDR capping wages in WWII so to get more skilled workers, industry added benefits such as healthcare and tied it to work. Regulation, taxation, Medicare, Medicaid, mandates to cover ALL medical on dialysis patients, SSDI, out of control malpractice litigation,etc, etc.

It boggles the mind that people turn to those who created the problem in the first place for the solution. Of course a jaded person would suggest that was the whole intent from the beginning.
edit on 16-11-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
reply to post by Raist

I find it funny just how this thread is going. In this thread you see irony, hypocrites, and lovers of nanny state. It is like some cute jumbled up funny farm. That is why I am so happy the guy is doing this, it makes ATS more entertaining.
reply to post by Raist

Originally posted by Legion2024
reply to post by Sissel

that is not telling you they are passing it on. At lest this guys is honest

Yes he is being honest, but he doesn't want his customers taking it out on him.... so he suggests that they compensate the extra tax on the bill with the amount they intend to tip.

So, from what I understand, the healthcare will be provided to the entire staff and not limited to the tipped employees.

It's just plain Shady.

edit on 15-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

This makes no sense. Why is it not shady for the government to force some people to cover other people's healthcare through taxation, but it is shady for this employer to do the exact same thing?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I actually have to give it merit for being honest, most owners will (would) just increase the cost of what they sell to compensate. He's telling you specifically, "this 5% goes to paying for my worker's health insurance that I am now required to buy them"

It would probably be more tactful to do that as well, though (and probably pull in better tips also)

I wouldn't call him greedy for not wanting to increase the cost of employment though. It Always ALWAYS gets passed on to consumers. If the waiters/waitresses don't like it, they'll leave, and someone new who will accept thats how they receive tips will take their place.

Restaurants and food service have NEVER been known for their "insurance benefits", so they are a huge benefactor of obamacare rolling out, so it isn't untruthful.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It is his right to pass on costs as he sees fit.

It is my right to eat somewhere else.

If he had been smart -instead of say a big D-bag- he would of quietly passed along the charges.

Instead he raised a big "don't eat here flag" and his wallet will feel the impact.

Freedom of speech is a multi edged sword.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Society pays for it anyways...

Yes, in a cruel and tyrannical way, it does. It should not be so.

Now its time for society to grow up and realize healthcare is a fundamental right.

No, no it is not.
I bet you are a one world Govt person as well.

Then we can all pay for it, like roads, gas lines, telephone poles, Stealth Bombers and the MILITARY.

Unless you should grow up and fund your own military service and healthcare.

I would love to fund my own private military.

Your argument is cute and all, but.......................but I fail to see it written in the original construct of the founding documents.
Oh yeah, roads are funded mostly by Gas taxes, there are toll roads, gas lines are laid down by private gas companies and the same with telephone poles.

As for the Military? That is for National Defense. That is in the Original Documents.

edit on 16-11-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

Yet, are they turned away from medical services???????

NO......................there are not.
Nice try though.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

The burden to fund others with grand old 0bamacare, and every other gimme that the Govt hands out.

If you were a server, and you should get cancer, that medical treatment is not my responsibility.
Neither is it yours if I get cancer.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Is that maybe when the Govt started to get their hands involved in it??
Maybe, just maybe???

Look, you are clearly out of your league here.
Your ideas have been tried in Soviet Russia and other countries, and have failed or are failing.
If you pine for these things, why not just move to the Liberal Progressive Paradise you long for? Instead working to ruin and collapse the US?

It is nice to see the young ideologue, wanting a better world and give peace a chance and everything, but it is nothing new. Your lack of life experience shows just how naive your thoughts really are.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

Wow 4 homes. SO you are the evil rich person that you hate.

Weird how life turns out.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

And all those people were paid accordingly. They did a job and were in turn handed money.

Sam Walton risked a whole lot more to create a business then those that just worked for him.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Tell me, can you get an ear infection resolved without seeing your insurance broker?

Tell me what they do for you?

That makes no sense.
Private insurance does not force you to first see a broker before you visit a doctor.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by macman

Who owns the business?

Indigo5

More to the point is the is nature of the difference. Is a waiter or cook less deserving of getting treated for cancer than the business owner?

You have still failed to answer this direct question.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

If you were a server, and you should get cancer, that medical treatment is not my responsibility.

America cannot run around claiming to be a Judeo-Christian nation and ignore the basic biblical responsibilities to its brethren.

Divided we fall. This is proving true daily.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Tell me, can you get an ear infection resolved without seeing your insurance broker?

Tell me what they do for you?

That makes no sense.
Private insurance does not force you to first see a broker before you visit a doctor.

Good quote. I missed that one. Class, does anyone know which "insurance company" denies the most claims and denies the most procedures and medications?

The U.S. government.

The following week, Health Care for America Now, a group supporting the Democrats’ health care reform bill, ran a television ad claiming that private health insurance companies: “Deny 1 out of 5 treatments prescribed by doctors.”

When fact-checked by PolitiFact.com, it turned out the statistic had been derived by the California Nurses Association, which broadened its definition of “denial” to include such administrative non-events as a claim having been sent to the wrong insurer. Such snafus occur behind the scenes, and the patient never knows about them because his/her claim is, in fact, subsequently paid by the correct insurer.

And the drumbeat goes on—

Every day in cities and towns across the United States, Americans with insurance are denied medically necessary care by a for-profit insurer. A treatment, test, medication or even a surgical procedure ordered by their physician is denied, all in the name of increasing the bottom line.

—surely leading inexorably to the conclusion that we must take action NOW to pass health care “reform”!

But, when you take the “profit” out of health care, what do you find?

According to the American Medical Association’s National Health Insurer Report Card for 2008, the government’s health plan, Medicare, denied medical claims at nearly double the average for private insurers: Medicare denied 6.85% of claims. The highest private insurance denier was Aetna @ 6.8%, followed by Anthem Blue Cross @ 3.44, with an average denial rate of medical claims by private insurers of 3.88%

blog.independent.org... /17/medicares-refusal-of-medical-claims-continues-to-outpace-private-rate/
www.ama-assn.org...[e ditby]edit on 16-11-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I fail to see where in the Bible it states that Govt is supposed to take care of people.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

America cannot run around claiming to be a Judeo-Christian nation and ignore the basic biblical responsibilities to its brethren.

Divided we fall. This is proving true daily.

Where in the Bible or Torah does it state you must provide charity to one, by forced taking from another? Judeo-Christian values include individual charity but do not support coercive charity. America is a very charitable nation and give to charities more than any other country. We just take umbrage at those who call us "selfish" as they want to help themselves to our bank accounts.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join