It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Hates Gays!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Kansas based Reverened Fred Phelps believes that God does not love everyone and that he even hates gays. The reverened sends his people out across the country to protest gays with signs that read

"God hates fags," "God hates America," with some linking natural disasters and terrorist attacks to tolerance of homosexuals and others showing stick figures copulating.

Reverened Phelps group picketed across the street from the funeral of Scotty Joe Weaver. Scotty was a gay 18-year old that was stabbed, strangled, and beaten to death on July 18th. The body was then dumped in woods and set on fire.

The group screamed jeers across the street at the funeral goers. Is nothing sacred? This just makes me sick.

Taken from Fred Phelps website:

Welcome to the Westboro Baptist Church homepage. This page is dedicated to preaching the Gospel truth about the soul-damning, nation-destroying notion that "It is OK to be gay."

"GOD HATES FAGS" -- though elliptical -- is a profound theological statement, which the world needs to hear more than it needs oxygen, water and bread. The three words, fully expounded, show:

1. the absolute sovereignty of "GOD" in all matters whatsoever (e.g., Jeremiah 32:17, Isaiah 45:7, Amos 3:6, Proverbs 16:4, Matthew 19:26, Romans 9:11-24, Romans 11:33-36, etc.),

2. the doctrine of reprobation or God's "HATE" involving eternal retribution or the everlasting punishment of most of mankind in Hell forever (e.g., Leviticus 20:13,23, Psalm 5:5, Psalm 11:5, Malachi 1:1-3, Romans 9:11-13, Matthew 7:13,23, John 12:39-40, 1 Peter 2:8, Jude 4, Revelation 13:8, 20:15, 21:27, etc.), and

3. the certainty that all impenitent sodomites (under the elegant metaphor of "FAGS" as the contraction of faggots, fueling the fires of God's wrath) will inevitably go to Hell (e.g., Romans 1:18-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, 1 Timothy 1:8-11, Jude 7, etc.). (If you are concerned with our use of the word "fag", please click here to find out why we use this word.)

The only lawful sexual connection is the marriage bed. All other sex activity is whoremongery and adultery, which will damn the soul forever in Hell. Heb. 13:4. Decadent, depraved, degenerate and debauched America, having bought the lie that It's OK to be gay, has thereby changed the truth of God into a lie, and now worships and serves the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen! Rom. 1:25. But the Word of God abides. Better to be a eunuch if the will of God be so, and make sure of Heaven. Mat. 19:12. Better to be blind or lame, than to be cast into Hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched. Mk. 9:43-48. Abstain, you fools.

Fred Phelps Website[(Godhatesfags.com)

News Story

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Rev. Phelps is a schmuck
Its opinions like his that keep the republican party going strong. What a F'n moron.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This guy and people like him, are the reason why the christian religion is collapsing in upon itself. People need to realize that God doesn't hate anyone, God is love. God is not a specific religion, he is all. Loving ones dogma unconditionally is the same as worshiping evil.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Every time I hear Phelps' name its connected with something stupid like this. If only I could meet him for a face-to-face and resist the urge to just beat him with a rubber hose I would toss this at him

The only lawful sexual connection is the marriage bed. All other sex activity is whoremongery and adultery, which will damn the soul forever in Hell.

By that logic then the `Virgin` Mary was damned off the start, and most likely her son the would-be JC. But I'm sure the thinking of llamas like Phelps is that you dont question the book, just follow, and it doesnt matter anyway because the authors were above their own rules for life.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
This guy and people like him, are the reason why the christian religion is collapsing in upon itself. People need to realize that God doesn't hate anyone, God is love. God is not a specific religion, he is all. Loving ones dogma unconditionally is the same as worshiping evil.

Funny tho, throughout this forum alone there are countless threads/postings with spoutings of "homosexuality is evil by the word of God" and "God loves everyone".

So, being that God does'nt love evil, which one is it?

Oh, that's right, whichever one ya want depending on weather yer being offense or defense that day. Xtianism, twisted as easily as a wet rope.

Jeez

Misfit

[Edit: no coffee = no speelign]

[edit on 21-10-2004 by Misfit]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Its opinions like his that keep the republican party going strong.

Naaaaaaaah, most republicans think he's an idiot too.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If this guy was having a gay relationship with Karl Rove???

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
At one time I bet people believed that God gave them slaves.

Sad Sad world we live in.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Its opinions like his that keep the republican party going strong.

Naaaaaaaah, most republicans think he's an idiot too.

Just a poke at the marriage amendment
The way I see it, Phelps's views are on par with the republican marriage ammendment
Its not up to us to decide how is a sinner and who isnt. If we pass that ammendment, we may as well start saying confession to our congress.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
hate the sin, love the sinner, period.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
As to homosexuality, I, as a follower of Jesus, am called to love such people who engage in homosexual behavior, but not to condone their sin as I cannot condone my own sin. Rev. Phelps is deadly wrong to call such people names. Such names do not seperate the people who Jesus loves and died for from the sin which is evil, but no more evil to God than any other sin in the world.

It was Jesus Himself who was blasted by the Pharisees for eating with the drunkards and other sinners in society. Too often, we believers focus on being right about our belief as opposed to forgetting about ourselves and just reach out to a lost world in love. Part of humility is forgetting about our own needs and trusting the Lord for to meet those while we meet the needs of other people. Focusing on being "right" in an argument is still a focus on ourselves and therefore not reflective of the true heart of Jesus. As the old saying goes, "People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care."

I understand more clearly from more exposure that people who engage in homsexual behavior to not see a choice in their behavior or their desires. They cannot see any way out and to have God tell them it's wrong behavior leads them to hate God for persecuting them for something they do not feel they can control. There are many stories I have heard of people who were gay who came to the end of themselves (as most who come to Jesus often have) they have given their problem with homesexual desires and behavior and let Jesus heal them from the behavior and desires. Of those, many have become heterosexual, some have not received complete healing, some have simply abstained, and some have fallen back into that behavior. So, yes, it is possible to even have come to a belief in God, Jesus, and all of the Bible and still have homosexual desires. God still calls that sin and it is no different or more serious than any other sin that many of us commit daily since none of us are perfect by any means. Many followers of Jesus fall into the "sin which so easily entangles us" - Apostle Paul.

I cannot say the behavior is OK because God does not say it's OK. He is clear that such people must come to Him to be healed of this. Unfortunately, many people who are gay do not come to Him for healing because they do not believe God can truly change them from the inside out or they are afraid of what life will be like without their identity as a homosexual, or what life will be like as relationships in which they are engaged may be dramatically affected.

But, as the old saying goes, if, out of love, I see you driving toward a cliff that you do not see, it is the loving thing to point that out to you, not simply let you go over the cliff. And the cliff of God's judgement of all mankind is quickly approaching. I don't have pride here about being "right". I have enough of my own past and recent sin to not apply my own judgement to others. Out of care for others, I do have a responsibility to bring the light of God to others to hopefully turn them to the only hope any of us ever have.

There is another issue as well that we will all consider in the next three years. It is mainly the large amount of sin of homosexuality and the massive shedding of innocent blood through abortions in this country which will bring corporate judgement from God on the USA in these next years.

In general, an examination of the decline of civilizations has been precipitated by three major factors:

1. The shedding of innocent blood.

2. Advocation of homosexuality or other perversion.

3. Failure to support or ally with Israel.

America is already doing #1 and #2, and starting to waiver on #3.

Lucifer, the Archangel who rebelled against God out of pride, accuses people and nations constantly and God, who is both merciful and just, is removing His hand of protection over this country.

There are people in the world who know that God (YHWH) exists and that the story about Lucifer's fall, becoming the devil, is true and don't to know either one or are foolish enough to believe that being the devils friend will guarantee their safety in this life and in eternity, but nothing is farther from the truth.

The devil uses his followers as pawns. He hates all mankind and would just as soon destroy every one of us if given the chance. Those who curse God keep breathing because God holds some level of protection over them even as they rebel against Him. If God removes His hand of protection from people or from nations, then literally, all hell will break loose.

Almost like a constant trial, Lucifer accuses all of us of our wrongs in front of the throne of God to attempt to force God to allow judgement against people. It is Jesus Christ Himself who advocates on our behalf in front of God the Father to appeal to His mercy based on the price Jesus paid for our sin on the cross.

According to the few modern prophets I trust (I am not a prophet, I am an analyst), 9/11/01 was a short-term removal of God's protection to warn America of coming judgement and gave us three years to repent of homosexuality and overturn abortion. If we did not sufficiently repent, there would come an irreversible judgement on all america that would start with more severe natural disasters. That three year period ended on 9/11/04 and the word is that our repentance was far from sufficient and the cumulative sin even getting worse now.

The four hurricanes that hit Florida have happened before (1886) and so these events do not indicate to people a beginning of judgement allowed by God Himself because of the sin and corruption in America. However, there will be many more successive waves of natural disasters on the coasts and the southern perimeter of the US to the point that you will hear the following phrases quite a bit from now on:

"In history" "In State History" "Unprecedented" "In Recorded History"

Then afterward, there will be attacks on our soil of a devastating nature on our soil from China and Russia, probably to reduce our competition for oil in the world economy. God will allow it to drive us back to repentance of sin.

So, while it is easy and obvious to state that everyone's sin is their own business, when God allows corporate judgement on a mass of people because of the sin of some, but not all, then perhaps imploring people to repent and turn to Jesus to be healed becomes a more urgent matter.
In addition, if the government develops laws to openly allow such sinful behaviors, then while, it is easy to say that leaves it up to each individual what they will do, it ignores that some other people may be standing to close to a person when God removes His hand of protection and lets the devil have his way with them. Others will be affected by the judgement to come who have engaged neither in homosexuality nor in abortion.

On an online posting site, no one FORCES or can successfully DEMAND that anyone do anything, all we can do is admonish and implore and point the way to Jesus.

Many will not agree what I have written here and say all kinds of things back to me. Just please remember this warning as you see the unprecedented in this country in the next few years and realize that there is power, holiness, and justice in our Lord, that He is alive and an all consuming fire. He is not a set of antiquated beliefs in an old book.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by managerie]

[edit on 21-10-2004 by managerie]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is a PERFECT example of the axiom: "Lord, save me from your followers."

(I'm speak of the whole Phelps lot, not managerie's post.)

[edit on 21-10-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Wow managerie,

You should have put that as a thread by itself

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
managerie...I so wish you would make a thread of that for other Christians here to see! The Christians that I see/know are always preaching down everyone that they feel isn't "up" to them.....
An excellent post! If only all Christians had this view......

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I always say: those that scream the loudest have the most to hide.

How dare he or ANYONE say what GOD thinks or says

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Phelps will get his Divine Justice set aside for him. foolish, foolish little man.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
God loves all his children and I don't think the Republican Party has anything to do with this misanthrope. I can tell you that if these folks showed up at a funeral of a relative of mine, the street would be littered with bodies.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
God loves all his children and I don't think the Republican Party has anything to do with this misanthrope. I can tell you that if these folks showed up at a funeral of a relative of mine, the street would be littered with bodies.

"these folks" .......... gays? christians? republicans?

There are a few different "folks" in this thread.
Looking for clarification.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
As I have said about other groups you cant let a hand full of kooks color your preception of the entire group.

This is true about EVERYONE. I know a bunch of Christians and I doubt 1 in a 1000 would want to KILL any one gay or other wise.

Maybe drive them crazy with their constent bitching about things that are none of their business, but kill them ....NO.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The day that god himself comes on TV and tell all of us what he stands for and what religion has to do with him I will become a believer, meanwhile I have to keep listening to the fanatical views of some, claiming that their beleives are the righteous one and not the other way around.

So far all I got from god by religious believers is that is narrow minded, racist, hateful, double standard, crazy, male and that he likes for people to build bigger houses for him and needs more money because he likes the good life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join