It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man tasered by police calls it "brutal"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

Originally posted by Sissel he kept on wanting to be a hero.

i think he kept on trying to save his house. heroics had nothing to do with it. unless you count the 'heroic' actions of the cop, making sure of his (the householder's) safety by tazing him (a technique which has documented, and potentially lethal, risks). too much tazing going on these days.

Once again the guy was being an idtiot to save stuff. He interfered and got tazed. Would a bullet have been better force against a nut case protecting his stuff?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Sissel

The only thing he was interfering with, was the fire jumping to his house.......

The fire was already on his house, supposedly..........so, the only thing I can think of for a guy to pull a stupid stunt like this, was his insurance policy lapsed.

Really, who would risk themselves? His family was already alerted, the worst would have been he would lose some "stuff."

Is that worth sustaining injury over? LOL

Well they were waiting for firefighters to arrive. And "just losing stuff" might be important to this family, as you cannot replace family heirlooms, pictures, and whatever other memories might be within your home. So again, this guy was in more danger by the police, than he was of himself. At 42 years old, I'm sure this guy had enough judgement to back off before he got seriously hurt.

It's this type of "Oh let the government or police take care of you, you can't protect yourself" attitude that is making things more and more difficult in this country, because you get too many people trying to control all aspects of life.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Maybe you don't have stuff that is irreplacable, a lot of us do.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

Yes, I do. That would be my family. Anything else is disposable crap.

His family was alerted and out of harms way. For that he should be thankful, and the rest of the stuff, how important is it to that fact?

What could you not possibly replace otherwise? A cd collection, a big screen t.v., photo's...........ya, sure. It only goes to show how ridiculous people are with what they have...........so sad, really.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

Yes, I do. That would be my family. Anything else is disposable crap.

His family was alerted and out of harms way. For that he should be thankful, and the rest of the stuff, how important is it to that fact?

What could you not possibly replace otherwise? A cd collection, a big screen t.v., photo's...........ya, sure. It only goes to show how ridiculous people are with what they have...........so sad, really.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

What if this dude had a few thousand dollars in cash stored somewhere in there, I think that would be deemed irreplaceable. I mean, I'd be pretty bent if i lost something like that to a fire, especially if I could have slowed the process down, or whatever the case may have been.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

What if this dude had a few thousand dollars in cash stored somewhere in there, I think that would be deemed irreplaceable. I mean, I'd be pretty bent if i lost something like that to a fire, especially if I could have slowed the process down, or whatever the case may have been.

Perhaps he should have grabbed that right away, instead of going for the garden hose, or mini fire extinguisher. But if that is what you presume could have been his idiotic attitude, then he deserves a dumbass of the year award.

I think it's preposterous of you to think that 2 grand would have been worth the guy risking his life over. Is that all he was worth?

Silly!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Perhaps he should have grabbed that right away, instead of going for the garden hose, or mini fire extinguisher. But if that is what you presume could have been his idiotic attitude, then he deserves a dumbass of the year award.

I think it's preposterous of you to think that 2 grand would have been worth the guy risking his life over. Is that all he was worth?

Silly!

Well, I see no point in trying to argue the point with you, so we can agree to disagree at this point. You have your view, and I have mine. Thank you for contributing.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Well, I see no point in trying to argue the point with you, so we can agree to disagree at this point. You have your view, and I have mine. Thank you for contributing.

That's a great attitude and what ATS is for. I thank you, too.

I don't agree with tazers being used at an officers whim. I think it makes it far too easy to subdue not really deserving people quite a lot of the time.

I am not pro tazer, but, I think in this case, to keep the guy safe, it was needed.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

CD's, TV 's

These are not the things I am talking about.....
How about our generational quilt, over 100 years old, a personal handmade patch made by every woman in the family, and then hand sewn on.
How about our longbow, over 100 years old, passed down, used for the first kill of all the males of the family.
I am talking about real irreplacable things, not some crap plastic. Some of us have things worth trying to save.....

TV's indeed.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Some people know how to put out fires. I live in a state that catches fire every other year, you have to plan for it. Water on grease fires isn't ideal but water on a wood fire (the house) would have worked, Those cops cost this man his house by stopping him.
In a fire prone area people I know have seals for the house vents (So sparks don't get sucked into the attic) and know how to hose down their roof. Water from a swimming pool works especially well because chlorine doesn't like to burn.

Incedents like this are why possibly honorable police trying to 'help' a motorist get run over by angry truck drivers.

edit on 15-11-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

CD's, TV 's

These are not the things I am talking about.....
How about our generational quilt, over 100 years old, a personal handmade patch made by every woman in the family, and then hand sewn on.
How about our longbow, over 100 years old, passed down, used for the first kill of all the males of the family.
I am talking about real irreplacable things, not some crap plastic. Some of us have things worth trying to save.....

TV's indeed.

I have a lot of those things too, which I cherish and love. But, they are in no way worth risking my life, or the life of anybody else over. Not even an injury.

It all matters what is important to you, and obviously you see these things as injury or death worth. I disagree.

A thing is replaceable. A life isn't.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel He interfered and got tazed.

attempting to protect one's home is interfering? i beg to differ. his house, his choice to try to protect it. any interference here was on the part of the cop, who could have tried to help but chose not to. a mistake on his part.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
reply to post by eXia7

Some people know how to put out fires. I live in a state that catches fire every other year, you have to plan for it. Water on grease fires isn't ideal but water on a wood fire (the house) would have worked, Those cops cost this man his house by stopping him.
In a fire prone area people I know have seals for the house vents (So sparks don't get sucked into the attic) and know how to hose down their roof. Water from a swimming pool works especially well because chlorine doesn't like to burn.

Incedents like this are why possibly honorable police trying to 'help' a motorist get run over by angry truck drivers. n.

I just want to clarify to other posters, I am not anti-police, or anti-government. I just believe that these aspects we have to deal with should have better oversight against acts of stupidity. I believe that people do need to be detained for violent crimes, threatening an officer, or person. But I do not believe in tazing a man in a diabetic coma, or maybe has some mental disability. I also don't believe in police using excessive force "because they can"

The point of this post is to highlight that cops will go to whatever lengths to use their tazer or guns on people. Not all cops are bad, but as of late it seems a lot of incidents are coming to the front, and are being observed by more and more people each day.

conclusions: I am against excessive force, in unnecessary situations.

Thanks for all who contribute to this thread, I believe it's important to discuss all situations that we could deem "excessive force" it's not OK to let these people do this.
edit on 11/15/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/15/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

Originally posted by Sissel He interfered and got tazed.

attempting to protect one's home is interfering? i beg to differ. his house, his choice to try to protect it. any interference here was on the part of the cop, who could have tried to help but chose not to. a mistake on his part.

The job of an officer is to "protect and serve." If the guy didn't want any help from the police or fire department then they never should have been called.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I did edit that last line out - it was in poor taste and was only speculation.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
reply to post by eXia7

I did edit that last line out - it was in poor taste and was only speculation.

Well in all respect to this thread, I fixed it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Thank you, Friend

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join