It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man tasered by police calls it "brutal"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Man tasered by police calls it "brutal"

pinellaspark.wtsp.com

He described the Pinellas Park Police officers actions as "brutal." He said they showed "no compassion."

"All I remember is laying in water, being electrocuted for saving my home," said Jensen.

Four days later, burns on Daniel Jensen's body still mark where the stun gun's probes hit him. He says they tasered him for doing what any father and husband would do protect his family's home from an out-of-control grease fire.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well, I intended to search through the forums and make sure that this article had not been posted, and when searching I found out that this similar incident happened in 2010 as well.

I understand that a fire can be dangerous, we get it. But if this guy felt it was his duty to do whatever he could to protect his belongings and his family, I'm sure he would be smart enough to back out if things got out of hand.

According to police, he shouldn't even be trying to save his possessions, they said and I quote "That's what insurance is for" and that in itself is an ignorant statement. But still determined, the guy went around his house to try and keep the fire from spreading to his roof, and then the cops tazed him.

I see now, that police believe they can have total control over anybody, in ANY situation. As for this story, these cops used excessive force, and acted from pure ignorance. Clearly these days the police force is hiring highly unqualified people to fulfill an important role in public safety.

What do you guys say, was this man in the wrong for doing everything he had available to try and save his family, and possessions? Or do you believe that police should use force like this when people defy their orders.

pinellaspark.wtsp.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11/15/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
How the hell can the cops even get away with that? Where is the justification?

When will this kind of insanity come to an end?

Tazed him for trying to save his belongings?

This world is in the crapper.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

Whats next, getting tazed for petting a cute cuddly kitten, when a cop asks you not to?

Again, like I said.. I believe they hire any jack booted thug they can find, give him a badge, gun, and a tazer and says "Hey man, you have fun out there. Don't hurt yourself"

All police departments should be investigated, and all the scum flushed out.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What a nut..........he was told to back off more than once, and was a danger to himself...........per the article:

Text"They kept telling me, 'Let it go, that's what insurance is for.' That's not acceptable to me," said Jensen. Captain Sanfield Forseth with the Pinellas Park Police Department said officers could have charged him with obstruction for not listening to an officer's orders.

The fire was already out of control, and he kept on wanting to be a hero.

I'm sorry, he should have not only been tazed to save his life, but should have been put in a mental institute, too!
edit on 15-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel
What a nut..........he was told to back off more than once, and was a danger to himself...........per the article:

Text"They kept telling me, 'Let it go, that's what insurance is for.' That's not acceptable to me," said Jensen. Captain Sanfield Forseth with the Pinellas Park Police Department said officers could have charged him with obstruction for not listening to an officer's orders.

The fire was already out of control, and he kept on wanting to be a hero.

I'm sorry, he should have not only been tazed to save his life, but should have been put in a mental institure, too!

Instead of using excessive force, and tazing him, a couple officers could have walked over, and grabbed him and pulled him back. But no, they insisted on tazing him instead, as the guy lays in a puddle of water, he's being tazed.. can you imagine how that had to feel? I'm sure this man could have had less pain inflicted on him if the police just grabbed him and pulled him back.

Also it's important to note, that the police officers did not warn him, or tell him what was about to happen, they just did it. And by law, they were suppose to announce their intentions, but didn't. They acted on impulse, instead of using alternatives. This leads me to believe that these officers cannot make quick decisions.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here is the ATS link to the similar story I had mentioned, but it seems that the OP's original news link is dead now.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

Instead of using excessive force, and tazing him, a couple officers could have walked over, and grabbed him and pulled him back. But no, they insisted on tazing him instead, as the guy lays in a puddle of water, he's being tazed.. can you imagine how that had to feel? I'm sure this man could have had less pain inflicted on him if the police just grabbed him and pulled him back.

Christ, this guy was getting in the way.........if he had been man handled you would be screaming about that, too!
The guy is clearly nuts and was taken down the easiest way by busy people.

Get over yourself.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Christ, this guy was getting in the way.........if he had been man handled you would be screaming about that, too!
The guy is clearly nuts and was taken down the easiest way by busy people.

Get over yourself.

I don't know if you are a troll, or what you are. But If this incident happened to you, I'm not too sure you'd be acting in the same manner you are here on the internet. I'm pretty sure you'd be crying to sue just as fast as this guy.

So get over YOURself.

I wouldn't even be posting this story if this was handled in the way I described. it sounds if you are assuming my position here.

and as for "getting in the way", this is false.. as the fire department hadn't even shown up yet.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

He was told to back off. The fire was already out of control, and his fire extinguisher and hose would have had little effect.

He got the idiot tazed for interfering.

I have no sympathy for the guy interfering.

He's an armchair nuisance who thought he'd become a hero, and you believe this crap.

They saved his life by tazing him..........really, they did.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
he was worried about his daughter guys,that was her room.not belongings.and he was not blocking anything.fire dep. still not there.this is a command ego trip.cause if that man was in danger he be gone.if anything he was doing the samething fire dep.was coming to do,water on the fire,lol,unreal.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

im with the cops on this one.

they have the right to stop someone from commiting harm to others AND THEMSELVES. if someone was threatening to kill themselves (running back into a fire) they have to stop it. using as much force as necessary to subdue him. to save the life.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I don't know if you are a troll

No, rather you are. I don't jump on the tazer bandwagon when an idiot deserved to get it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

He was told to back off. The fire was already out of control, and his fire extinguisher and hose would have had little effect.

He got the idiot tazed for interfering.

I have no sympathy for the guy interfering.

He's an armchair nuisance who thought he'd become a hero, and you believe this crap.

They saved his life by tazing him..........really, they did.

Ok, so you believe that a homeowner has NO RIGHTS to TRY and protect what they own, no matter how bad the situation. I will still say that tazering this guy was excessive, and it could have been handled in a different manner. You say they saved his life by tazering him, I don't believe it. We don't know how close this guy was to hurting himself, or how close he even came to the open blaze, we're going by a POLICE/NEWS report.

And what about the incidents where people have been killed by tazers, how is this incident any different? What if this guy was KILLED for trying to protect his home? I just don't see your logic here, it seems you approve of excessive force in any circumstance.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Ok, so you believe that a homeowner

LOL, he wasn't the homeowner...............LOLOLOLOL, he was the neighbor! Read much?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Ok, so you believe that a homeowner

LOL, he wasn't the homeowner...............LOLOLOLOL, he was the neighbor! Read much?

The neighbor's house caught on fire.

"Four days later, burns on Daniel Jensen's body still mark where the stun gun's probes hit him. He says they tasered him for doing what any father and husband would do protect his family's home from an out-of-control grease fire."

"The 42-year-old father of two recalls his wife waking him around 6 in the evening, saying there's a big fire at his neighbor's house."

"I wasn't doing that. What I was doing was what any home owner would do to protect a family and home," said Jensen.

"When Jensen saw the fire jump on to his back roof, he again grabbed the hose"

please quit trolling my thread.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

The only thing he was interfering with, was the fire jumping to his house.......

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel he kept on wanting to be a hero.

i think he kept on trying to save his house. heroics had nothing to do with it. unless you count the 'heroic' actions of the cop, making sure of his (the householder's) safety by tazing him (a technique which has documented, and potentially lethal, risks). too much tazing going on these days.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

"I wasn't doing that. What I was doing was what any home owner would do to protect a family and home," said Jensen.

"When Jensen saw the fire jump on to his back roof, he again grabbed the hose"

please quit trolling my thread.

Sorry, he still had no business interfering with people who are able to put a fire out. I am not trolling.......he interfered after being told to back off. To prevent injury to himself. If you don't get that, you are a troll.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Sissel

The only thing he was interfering with, was the fire jumping to his house.......

The fire was already on his house, supposedly..........so, the only thing I can think of for a guy to pull a stupid stunt like this, was his insurance policy lapsed.

Really, who would risk themselves? His family was already alerted, the worst would have been he would lose some "stuff."

Is that worth sustaining injury over? LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join