It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA Now Under God's Judgement?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Did God create man or did man create god? If so then judgement is a creation of your mind.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

thats a really good question, and one that i find hard to answer as there are so many reasons, give me a bit of time and i'll try and reply with an answer that makes sense, i've only believed for a year, and its been a life changing year,

thanks for asking

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. With all this stuff going on around the world, and science trying to debunk religion..It's hard to say..But I'm just confused why in history Religion was huge..Where did it come from? Why did our ancient ancestors believe in it so much? Why didn't anyone debunk it back than, But it is true now a days there is getting less and less believers out there.I my self believe and keep the faith in God, might not be any of the "gods" that other ethnics believe but, I believe in a creator and he is my God. Come to think of it, it's more or so our parents that are our Gods..since they had sex and we popped up

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

DarthMuerte

I definitely agree with you. Knowing the Bible, all things indicate that what you see is correct.
Also God does judge nations, as per the Bible. Also we know as per the Bible that every person, male or female
will have to stand before God to give account of every thought and action. I agree with your observation %100.
While one is alive they can repent and accept the truth of salvation of Jesus Christ. The God that they don't believe in is always ready to forgive.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985

thats a really good question, and one that i find hard to answer as there are so many reasons, give me a bit of time and i'll try and reply with an answer that makes sense, i've only believed for a year, and its been a life changing year,

thanks for asking
If there are so many answers, and it is something you know to be true, it shouldn't be too hard to answer.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dugiewugie
The God that they don't believe in is always ready to forgive.
So, why doesn't he just forgive us? I am human and I have that ability. Someone doesn't have to ask me for forgiveness in order for me to forgive them.

Originally posted by dugiewugie
While one is alive they can repent and accept the truth of salvation of Jesus Christ.
If we can speak to him when we're dead, why can't we ask for forgiveness then? That way, we can truly hear him speak back to us and have real confirmation that he's heard us, and also have confirmation that he's real. Otherwise, why would we ask him to forgive us if we can't even tell if he's real or not? Secondly, forgive us for what exactly? Being human?
edit on 16-11-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

If there are so many answers, and it is something you know to be true, it shouldn't be too hard to answer.

i appreciate where you're coming from but its not that simple, if it was i'd tell you, after all its made my life easier, and that's what i want for everyone,

Maybe you could as God to show you the truth too, (believe me, i know how stupid that sounds, i thought the same thing) but it worked for me, and it wasn't something i thought was possible, it can't do any harm

edit on 16-11-2012 by Minnie1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
The non Christians are destroying the world we live in with their wars and sin.

www.towleroad.com...

www.canadafreepress.com...

www.iol.co.za...

vestnikkavkaza.net...

www.rightsidenews.com...

www.thejakartapost.com...

I'm sure you get the point.

You can say a bunch of words that make sense on their own, but combined, the holes in your half-truths become evident

edit on 16-11-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985
Maybe you could as God to show you the truth too, (believe me, i know how stupid that sounds, i thought the same thing) but it worked for me, and it wasn't something i thought was possible, it can't do any harm

I have asked, many times. Tons of people praying for me to get this truth as well. I guess I need more faith? Actually, I don't trust faith. I need evidence. Good concrete, solid evidence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Yes, I believe America is now under judgement. Proof will come soon. Just my opinion, so I offer nothing specific.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

The Catholic church was started by the Apostles, following the death of Christ and has been the same church ever since -- the Eastern Orthodox left the Catholic church in 1054 and the Protestants left the Catholic church, starting in the 16th Century, but it is the Catholic church that goes all the way back to the people being thrown to the lions.

Incorrect. The Catholic Church began when trinitarians split away from the true church.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuopar
Just my opinion, so I offer nothing specific.
Probably a good thing you don't.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

The non Christians are destroying the world we live in with their wars and sin.

www.towleroad.com...

www.canadafreepress.com...

www.iol.co.za...

vestnikkavkaza.net...

www.rightsidenews.com...

www.thejakartapost.com...

I'm sure you get the point.

You can say a bunch of words that make sense on their own, but combined, the holes in your half-truths become evident

What I said is not half truths.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

The Catholic church was started by the Apostles, following the death of Christ and has been the same church ever since -- the Eastern Orthodox left the Catholic church in 1054 and the Protestants left the Catholic church, starting in the 16th Century, but it is the Catholic church that goes all the way back to the people being thrown to the lions.

Incorrect. The Catholic Church began when trinitarians split away from the true church.

Oh yes, of course, I forgot that you and your pastor, who sells fake Doctoral degrees for $1,300, are the "true" church. Because a forged translation of The Gospel of Matthew, written by anti-Christian Jews in the Middle Ages, says so.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Here, I think this is how you meant to post it:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1
I believe that the USA is under God's judgement.
There is ample evidence with the disasters that are coming faster and more furious than ever.
Those who are bashing your thread are the very reason for it.

Not just America, but most of the world as well, as it follows the lead of American popular media/culture. What's interesting to me, is how ppl say that they are open-minded in ATS... but you see so many closed-minded to the idea of a God actually existing and that He would ever leave a book for us to read and follow... like it was beyond his ability. I would laugh.. but it's not really funny.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I have asked, many times. Tons of people praying for me to get this truth as well. I guess I need more faith? Actually, I don't trust faith. I need evidence. Good concrete, solid evidence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

hi, it sounds to me like you genuinely want to know the truth, it will come to you in some way or another eventually, i hope it will for everyone,
as for having more faith, i don't necesarily think you need more faith either, i didn't have any faith before, i'd never even read the bible, i only remembered the basic childhood bible stories that i was taught in primary school, and even then i couldn't really remember any of the details,

i always wanted evidence too, i used to say ''if God wants us all to love and trust in him why doesn't he just show himself to the whole world'', but i think its a personal journey everyone must take for themselves and no two experiences will be exactly the same, i really struggled understanding the bible when i first started reading it a year ago, and i still do, but bit by bit i understand a little bit more each time based on the world i can see around me,

there are books that have been removed from the bible that for me helped me understand other parts of the bible better, it might be worth you looking at some of them if you haven't already, but this is a journey that ultimately you must discover for yourself, take on board what others say and don't automatically dis-regard it because you don't understand it, it might make sense to you at a later date, (please bare in mind that because i don't know you i can i'm only making assumptions, so please correct me when i'm wrong)

i don't label myself as belonging to a religion, i think we are all connected to each other by something really special and that we all have a lot to learn from each other, if i'd only read the bible i know i wouldn't have understood it, even some of the things i thought i understood have changed many times,

the most important thing i'd like to say is that if you know that you are a good person and that you treat everyone with respect although sometimes we falter, and would never dream of intentionally hurting another person then God already knows this, and if one day you do manage to find concrete evidence, which i really hope you do, then you'll still be the same person deep down inside, its just that your opinions may change, i've become much more sensitive to others feelings, i cry so easily, but at the same time its the little things that make me happy, i'm much more confident as i now have belief in myself and realise that no one is any better than me, were all equal, i also understand why some people are mean or full of hatred and racist opinions, the mainstream media/government have done a good job instilling people with lies to benefit their own cause's, when i say i understand, i don't mean i have the same feelings but i can see why they do,

i don't know a thing about you, but i'm going to assume that since you're on ats that your familar with the workings and corruption of pretty much everything in this world, pharma, religion, banks, education and so on? its these works that individually don't always seem a big deal, but put them altogether and its just downright evil, and i believe satan is responsible for this, the way everything is connected together is too clever to be a coincidence, i also believe that us and the natural world around us is also way too amazing to be a coincidence,

i always find it odd when i use the term ''satan'' as i don't think satan is just one being, i also find it hard to use the term ''he'' when refering to God, as i think he is genderless,

i probably aren't making much sense but if you want to ask anything at all please do, although i'm not sure how much help i'll be,

pm me if you'd prefer

thanks

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The differences between the schools are not as great as you apparently think they are. Where you get a lot of problems is that because Futurism is the most followed school, and also a school that is fundamentally wrong, you have folks trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with it. So they are always trying to interpret signs and fit them into prophecies. These are simply people speculating, they are not actual “schools” unto themselves. Let me sort of sum it up for you here:

Historicism: Teaches that the en of the world started with the “end of the age of the Jews” in 70ad, and the prophecies encompass the entire “age of the Church”. They relate to the Dark Ages, the Papacy, the rise of the US, etc... The only things that have not been completed in Historicism are the destruction of Damascus, and the complete control of the 'Mark'. Both of these things look like they may be happening now.

Preterism Teaches that parts of Daniel and Revelation apply to Antiochus Epiphanes, the Roman Empire under Nero, and the 70AD fall of Jerusalem. Its still followed by Roman Catholics today, and it originates from Jesuit Luis Alcasar in response to the Protestant Reformation.

Futurism Teaches that for no apparent reason the last week of the '70 weeks' prophecy of Daniel is cut off from the other 60 weeks, and moved to a future 7 year tribulation. It also, and again for no apparent reason, turns the last two 'beasts', which are clearly explained as countries to Daniel, into literal people, the antichrist and false prophet. The Antichrist then is supposed to do all the things that I listed above in relation to Ribera : Persecute and blaspheme the saints of God, Rebuild the temple in Jerusalem, Abolish the Christian religion, Deny Jesus Christ, Be received by the Jews, Pretend to be God, Kill the two witnesses of God, and Conquer the world.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blindlyzack

Yeah look how you're talking and look how the OP talked. No one is trying to push anything on you. It is in fact you unbelievers trying to push the thought. The OP is right for the most part. If you don't like hearing about God and how awesome he is then don't read it. Simple as that. Stop being a baby because people are still Christian and leave them alone. You need to grow up! HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join