It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA Now Under God's Judgement?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Nope.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
textbook christianity. strict to western version of christianity. fundamentalist christian. fundamentalist muslim. no difference.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
IF this was the case why would God be just punishing the USA?

Or do you think that the rest of the World outside of the USA doesn't matter?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

REALLY NOW! This topic really makes me wonder how some people allow themselves to get all High and Mighty. As if when a Earthquake hits a Country...we are supposed to believe it was GODS PUNISHMENT for the Wicked?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

I will tell you what is truly WICKED AND IMMORAL. Those who CAST THE FIRST STONE!

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I am curious as to how far your knowledge of what you call "God" is. From what I saw, you are making all of your statements from the holy book of Christianity. You may not be aware that there are a multitude of spiritual beliefs, practices, and texts in existence. I can't see how you can come to these conclusions with such a narrow base of research.

The USA is not under "God's Judgment". The problem is that a great majority of humans have failed to learn from the numbers of spiritual teachers that have came to this planet over the millenniums. Humans have not learned that tribal factionalism is what these teachers came here to correct. Your argument is a fine example. You are basing your conclusions on the bible. A text that has been mistranslated and edited. Entire books have been decreed banned from the bible. Jesus did not preach division or suppression. Quite the opposite. Yet, mankind instantly began distorting his message and forming "tribes" of Christians that would fight each other over petty, trivial differences.

The basic message of most religions I have encountered is self-enlightenment, cooperation, honor and peace. The majority of mankind did not get that message. The way in which you take stabs at homosexuals proves that you did not get that message as well. It is this type of prejudice, judgmental attitudes and self-imposed superiority that has played a role in why we as a species are in such a sad state.

Take a step back, put your book down, and try to live by the spirit of your religious teachings....not its words. I hope this perspective helps you in some way.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Geez these goddists can come up with some rubbish. Next they will be saying that the USA must elect people that take them back to the dark ages. Oh, wait! That's what the tea party already campaign on.

It gets me that in such an enlightened country, there are so many people who base their lives around going to church every Sunday. The only valid reason I can see for this bizzare behaviour would be to network for business. But are there that many businessmen in the USA?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Ive never read so much rubbish in all my life. God isnt real mate, just like santa and his elves. Its a silly old storey. have you not figured that out yet? Its NONSENSE!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
"Is the USA Now Under God's Judgement?"

The USA will fall like all other nations for being drunk with the great whore of Babylon, Israel. Yes, the judgement is near.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I see. When a bible verse fits your narrow-minded view of the world it's the word of god, but when challenged it is your right to blow it off. Double standard much? So, since fiber is worn, not eaten, do you condem people who were blended-fiber clothes the way you do homosexuals? God said that was a sin, too. (well really a sheepherder grovlling in a cave wrote it, but you know what I mean.)

So is the earth only a few thousand years old? Or do you have a convenient loophole for not taking Genesis literally like you do everything else?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This thread is immature, utterly ridiculous and useless.
Please fellow atheists and those that believe in something but not the bible, do not stoop down to the OP's level. You will NEVER convince someone who blindly follows a book without having done much else reading.
None of your arguments will hit home even if they are true. All you will get is more meaningless bible quotes.

I could try and write a page of educational truths but there is no point.
It is sad but there are people out there that can only see 'so far'.
And to the god botherers I suggest finding a forum where you can all write what you like and agree about and have a jolly good time but leave us alone because we have seen the REAL light.

We blame no one but ourselves when things go wrong in the world, which is the first step to find a solution.

You go and believe your outdated writings and blame your god for our bad behaviour. Let me just tell you that lot of the human race has grown up in the last 2000 years you know. Yet people like you are stuck in the infantile phase of our evolution.
I am outta here because this thread is POINTLESS.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The non Christians are destroying the world we live in with their wars and sin. I think you have who the "grown ups" are and who are "infantile" backwards.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
:

Originally posted by Hecate666
This thread is immature, utterly ridiculous and useless.
Please fellow atheists and those that believe in something but not the bible, do not stoop down to the OP's level. You will NEVER convince someone who blindly follows a book without having done much else reading.
None of your arguments will hit home even if they are true. All you will get is more meaningless bible quotes.

In response to the remarks quoted (above) by HECATE666.............. I say this: This is far and away the best and most informative thread I have seen to date on ATS - all else pales in comparison. The RED ALERT posed by the content of the scritpural passages alone is enough for all to take heed of what's being said here. America has been turned over to its onw iniquity. There is no turning back once God has made that decision because its a result of the ill will of the American people, which is intractable, recalcitrant, incorrigible, and obstinate in its evil attitude towards Our Lord Saviour Jesus Christ. The only way to save the nation would be for America to repent and to turn from its evil ways. Do any of you here see that happening?

Remember Sodom and Gomorrah ?

The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah could have been prevented if just 10 righteous people lived in the city. Because the cities were destroyed, we fully understand just how wicked were these cities. Can you imagine a city today that doesn't have at least 10 righteous people living in the city?

Ask yourselves this one question. Are there ten righteous ones in all of the United States of America?

NOTE - Why is there no ability to FLAG the thread? Is it just me? Or are flags closed for this thread???

edit on 16-11-2012 by Valedictorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
The First Sign Of God's Judgment Is Abandonment. America is in a backslid condition which brings God's judgment.

Addressing this point: Many very religious and "good"(by your judgement of what is good) areas in africa and south america are also hellholes. Guess God has abandoned many areas then, rule following or not.
Again, using your standards...since America is not the capital of the universe (google: map of world), then ya...what do you make of that? Whats your understanding about why a place like ethopia for instance, heavy christian population is under endless pain?

Many of them are not even willing to look at any of the evidence for God's existence!

Cultist hypothetical statements does not equal actual evidence.
The issue here is not understanding what words mean. Evidence, scientific theory, etc...the religious community hears a word, and immediately destroys context (sort of their thing I guess).
Evidence..ok..lets see it
Lets see actual evidence of something paranormal verses biological and natural...something that simply cannot ever be explained through the lens of scientific understandings...

Think of it - there is nothing in our experience and scientific knowledge which says that something can come from nothing, or that there can be effects without cause. It evades normal scientific laws.

Right...so...
Here is actually one area where likeness can be drawn. Where did god come from? typical answer, nowhere, he always has been.
Same answer from science about the universe..where did the energy come from that is now the universe?....etc
different forms, there are hypothesis's being tested as we speak.

The discovery of DNA should have put evolutionary theory to bed - permanently. DNA demands that creatures replicate themselves according to their kind. The DNA code does not allow a dog to evolve from a fish, or man to evolve from apes.

This proves to me just how little you understand about evolutionary theory outside of what some wacky cultist said it was. Do your brain a favor and actually research it from scientific sources. I bet you wont...because knowledge clearly isn't the focus here..and will counter the agenda of those whom programmed you.

Another symptom of God's judgment is that He gives unbelievers over to homosexuality. When women, who have natural instincts to raise and protect their children, resort to lesbianism, they have been given over to their own dishonorable passions. When the steaming bath houses in San Francisco were first revealed as a "petri dish" for bacteria and AIDS in the early 1980s, society's natural reaction was to demand they be closed.

Society can be retarded at times. Remember when society flipped out when black and white people started intermingling and even (gasp) breeding together?
herd thinking is our issue...hense why we elect leaders to lead us properly...and thank god (pun?) we have moved away from electing -nutcase- religious leaders and instead electing thinking people..

Yet, in spite of the evidence for terrible bacterial onslaught upon the human body through homo-heterosexual perversions, we were and are silent.

Ya, hamburgers are also bad for you...you going to start freaking out about your local burger king with the same gusto?

This is because it is not "PC" to speak against homosexuality or extra-marital sex.

and by PC, you mean "sane"? How did extra-marital sex get in there anyhow? poison pill? If you use it, you immediately disqualify yourself from any merit of rational discussion.

We have watched them shake their fists in God's eye as they demand gay parades in the heart of Jerusalem.

Jerusalem? I thought this thread was about the fall of America.

-checks a map-

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
QUESTION - asked above

Why is there no ability to FLAG the thread? Is it just me? Or are flags closed for this thread???

I tried 3 different browsers too...........

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1
Believing in the imaginary effect humans have had on the environment to the extent that global climate change is happening is even more absurd that there may be a creator of this world.

Climate change? how did that come up?

Listen, we live in a closed biosphere. if you change the chemical composition of it, it will alter..go figure.
You ever own a fish tank?

It doesn't take a lot (comparatively) to alter the whole tank..

This is likened to earth and its atmosphere/ocean. you add absorbtion, remove reflectivity, and guess what, earth will heat up.
7 billion people constantly pushing this..ya..it has a g-damn effect already..there is measurements, solid evidence of this. Stop thinking what we as a species has no effect..thats called being lazy, irresponsible, and obscenely ignorant.

A deity isn't going to pop on by and clean up our mess..this is our world..and for now the only one we have...we break it, we can't just jump on a different one...so tighten up!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
The First Sign Of God's Judgment Is Abandonment. America is in a backslid condition which brings God's judgment. All the wickedness in the world, from homosexuality and abortions, to child molestations and the occult, and so on, are resulting in judgment. When men repeatedly reject God there is a point in time when He rejects them in return. This is called the "wrath of abandonment." This precept is dramatically portrayed in the Book of Hosea.

Firstly, homosexuality did not develop in the past 200 years. I invite folks to look up the history of Sparta as an example (this city state lasted for about 1,000 years as an entity.)

Many of them are not even willing to look at any of the evidence for God's existence!

I think the problem is that someone from another religion could use these same proofs you offer for your deity's existence to prove that their deities (including pantheons) exist.

The discovery of DNA should have put evolutionary theory to bed - permanently. DNA demands that creatures replicate themselves according to their kind. The DNA code does not allow a dog to evolve from a fish, or man to evolve from apes.

If this were true, we could not create new breeds of dogs, cows, sheep, horses, chickens, turkeys, etc. Nor could we have crossbreeds (like wolf-dogs.)

Yet, in their desperation to deny God many evolutionists came to believe that higher beings from outer space came to planet earth to "seed" the planet with life.

Uhm... I don't think this is true for "many" who believe in evolution. Some, yes, believe in panspermia. Others of us have problems with it.

When women, who have natural instincts to raise and protect their children,

...actually, they don't all have this instinct. Some women are very bad mothers, and there have always been bad mothers. You see it in the animal world as well (talk to anyone who does animal rescue.)

Yet, in spite of the evidence for terrible bacterial onslaught upon the human body through homo-heterosexual perversions, we were and are silent.

AIDS is a virus, not a bacteria. Some of the bacterial diseases that are sexually transmitted include syphilis and gonorrhea (we have ancient evidence for these diseases) and are usually transmitted to women from men who have sex with other women. Genital warts is also transmitted sexually. Deadly bacterial diseases like cholera (which swept through the world on many occasions) are from poor sanitation and hit areas where homosexuality is condemned (and the homosexuals are put to death) as well as areas where it is permitted.

As to the "evils" of this society, you might want to read up on the laws and practices of earlier Christian nations (including Ireland) or any other land that you admire and think was better than modern America.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
IF this was the case why would God be just punishing the USA?

Or do you think that the rest of the World outside of the USA doesn't matter?

OF COURSE God is also punishing and bringing His wrath upon the entire world BUT its quite normal for those of us who live here in the USA refer to our own nation - this is where we live..........AND to those other respondents here in this thread who are living outside of the USA .........then the same rule applies ITS only natural..............

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valedictorian
QUESTION - asked above

Why is there no ability to FLAG the thread? Is it just me? Or are flags closed for this thread???

Because you're new and you've only made 12 posts as of this time. You can't start threads or applaud, etc, until you've made at least 20 different posts.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Valedictorian
QUESTION - asked above

Because you're new and you've only made 12 posts as of this time. You can't start threads or applaud, etc, until you've made at least 20 different posts.

Ahhhhhhhhhh now I see
Thank you for the heads up........

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Thanks OP for having the courage to create this thread and attempting to warn people. Without a doubt, especially after reading many of the posts here, it's clear that God's judgement has already begun. Too bad that a lot of people won't realize it till the final curtain falls on this nation. We're fast approaching the end of the last act. God help us.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join