It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA Now Under God's Judgement?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

"We each have our own opinion. However, God's truth is THE truth."

Prove it!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Maybe if you studied a little more about DNA.
Ok, educate me. Show me how DNA allows fish to become humans?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

No sane supporter of evolution ever claimed that fish can become humans...
That comment is just as flawed, if not more-so, than the old testament.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anundeniabletruth
Should we not stay out of each others bedrooms unless invited in?
Absolutely. It is not for me to judge you. God will do that in his own time. My original question was "is the US under judgement". I then posted examples of what judgement looks like in the Bible. The fact that many are given over to a "reprobate mind" seems indicative of God's judgement being exacted upon our nation. It is my hope that we as a nation can recognize this and repent as a nation to avoid even worse things coming about.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anundeniabletruth

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

No sane supporter of evolution ever claimed that fish can become humans...
That comment is just as flawed, if not more-so, than the old testament.
Ok, then where did humans come from? Actually, that would be going way off topic. Perhaps a different thread should be opened for that discussion.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
USA?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
USA?
United States of America

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Contrary to some Evangelical's beliefs, the United States was never a Christian nation, or been particularly blessed by God, any more than anywhere else. The passages that you cite are regards to Israel, which is God's chosen people. We, as Christians, choose him, we are not chosen by him (well, unless you're a Calvinist, lol.)

Setting the United States aside, though, I'd say it's not a stretch to say that the whole of the world is under God's judgement. Kinda has been since the beginning, if you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I believe in god, but i don't believe in the legitimacy of the bible. There has never been a man that wielded power without a corrupt nature. The bible before paper presses was copied over and over again by scribes whom wrote in hand the interpretations decided upon by man not God.. Even today if you pass a note around a room full of people the interpretations will undoubtable be different. That being said i do believe that God our creator created a thing such as Karma. If you purposefully do wrong it will come upon you ten fold. I also believe in Jesus Christ whom is a way to lift the burden to those whom sincerely ask for forgiveness. Humans know what they do is right or wrong and i honestly believe no woman that has ever decided upon murdering an innocent child did not think of the wrong within it.

And those whom deny God, anytime you make the conscious choice of deciding what is wrong or right are in effect following Gods law and endorsing his existence. The fundamental gift that no animals have gives humans the ability to decide and distinguishes humanity as having a gift that according to all forms of evolution should not exist. We are charged with taking care of our world and making sure what is done is right and when wrongs are committed the karma or judgement of God is dealt upon us.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What's America's ?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So then I guess you don't eat shellfish? No shrimp, lobster, crab etc? Do you condemn those that do with the same fervor that you condemn the homosexual?

I guess you also do not wear mixed fiber clothes? Do you also condem those that do with the same fervor you condemn the homosexual?

You say you aren't judging, but you are. Whether you come shouting it through the front door or whispering it through the back door, you are still passing judgement. Just because you say you aren't judging people, doesn't mean you aren't. Every time you support a law that condemns people for being who they are, you are judging them.

I really don't expect you to have a logical or factual argument to this or any of my other posts here. Nor to answer, because to answer would require you to look past the bible for answers, and this thread makes it obvious that you are incapable of that.
edit on 15-11-2012 by DarkKnight76 because: None of your business

Also, your lack of understanding of evolution is mind boggling.
edit on 15-11-2012 by DarkKnight76 because: Just for s#!t$ and giggles

edit on 15-11-2012 by DarkKnight76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

Matthew 15:11

What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'"

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Yeah, now try responding without using the bible. I would bet my life you can't.

So does that mean gays who swallow instead of spitting are square with the bible?
edit on 15-11-2012 by DarkKnight76 because: haha

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
OK. I will challenge god right now. If I don't answer back in 10 minutes God exists. If I do well. He doesn't ok...go
-
-
God! I don't believe you exist. You're a cruel psychopath that created murderes, rapists and pedophiles. Damn you god ...damn you to hell. Smite me right now if you exist.
--
-
I'm Back

I guess nothing happened Ok, Now, can we stop mixing religion with politics. Don't you realize you're putting Buddhists, Muslims, Confucians or which ever under your gods main umbrella? To say that god condemns us all is not only short sighted but ego-testicle and presumptuous.

edit on 15-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76

Yeah, now try responding without using the bible. I would bet my life you can't.

You asked a question about my beliefs about the Bible. Why would I not use the Bible to answer?
edit on 15-11-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I'll see you in 10 minutes

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

No you just dodge questions is all. Quoting scripture to a non-believer is like me trying to defend the Soviet Union using the Constitution. Basically, If you want me to see your point of view you need to use more than a book written over 2,000 years ago that I find about as relevant as using blood letting and leeches to cure the flu.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I see you fixed that, does that mean gays who swallow are ok according to that passage?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
What's America's ?

Only the USA. Only the United States.
Canada, Mexico, and South America are not being judged

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
reply to post by 1PLA1

Right it's an imaginary being and not because we are f$%^&*G up the environment. Suuuuure...

Your sarcasm is rather unattractive.
I see that you are quite into imaginary beings.

Believing in the imaginary effect humans have had on the environment to the extent that global climate change is happening is even more absurd that there may be a creator of this world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join