It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA Now Under God's Judgement?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Allah is the same God through a different culture. People don't seem to notice that.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Probably makes you somewhat similar to me

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
Allah is the same God through a different culture. People don't seem to notice that.
Depends on who you ask. Christians say he is not.

Also, Muslims call Christians infidels. So, they must believe that Christians will not be saved by their god.

Christians believe that salvation comes only from believing that Jesus died for their sins.

So, it's not exactly the same thing.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Nope, that wasn't my point. That argument is too easy, and has been made countless times.

My question to you is this. If you believe in God, and everything he does has a purpose/plan, why would you take medicine when you are sick? Aren't you defying the God who made you sick in the first place by taking medicine?

Kind of goes back to the swine flu idea that was shot around. When making the vaccines, isn't it curius how nobody ever says "don't work on a vaccine, it was designed to kill us!". No, they ask science to save them yet again, so that they may live another day to preach against the very thing that saved them. It's only evil when they don't need it. Once they need it, it becomes a gift.

edit on 18-11-2012 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon
Kind of goes back to the swine flu idea that was shot around. When making the vaccines, isn't it curius how nobody ever says "don't work on a vaccine, it was designed to kill us!". No, they ask science to save them yet again.
..and if evolution is not true, how do they use its principles to make this medicine?

www.yale.edu...
edit on 18-11-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I think you have mistaken me. I accept evolution. My question was to those who discount it, and use God as a sort of fix all.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by MarkJS
.. but you see so many closed-minded to the idea of a God actually existing and that He would ever leave a book for us to read and follow... like it was beyond his ability. I would laugh.. but it's not really funny.
I'm an open-minded atheist. If you can prove to me 100% that your god exists, beyond any shadow of a doubt using solid, concrete evidence then maybe I can believe it.

Your god left a book for us to read? Why didn't he stay here himself so we can communicate with him personally? And I don't mean by speaking to the sky to someone invisible, hoping my voice is being heard and pretending to hear back.

Glad to hear that you're open.

Yes... I can 'prove' it... But in the proving, is the experience of God. To know, you have to experience. This proof is not something that can be put in a bottle or a test tube where people can gawk and say "well, that's proof!".

What you need to do... is alluded in your second para about communicating with Him personally.

This is it... Are You Ready?? .... Just Ask.

Just ask God--- whoever He is, whatever He is.... to show Himself to you. (just make sure you're asking the God of the Universe... no cheap substitute will do).

See, the biggest problem with unbelievers... is ... em.. that they are close-minded. Their arrogance keeps them from the truth.... because they think that they already have it.

God will definitely reveal Himself to you, if you ask. I would go so far as to say that God has waited your whole entire life for you to ask Him that question.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon

I think you have mistaken me. I accept evolution. My question was to those who discount it, and use God as a sort of fix all.
No, I was adding to your statement.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Yes... I can 'prove' it... But in the proving, is the experience of God. To know, you have to experience. This proof is not something that can be put in a bottle or a test tube where people can gawk and say "well, that's proof!".
You telling me of your personal experiences is not proof. Otherwise, everyone who says they were abducted by aliens would be proof they were abducted...and it isn't.

What you need to do... is alluded in your second para about communicating with Him personally.

This is it... Are You Ready?? .... Just Ask.

Just ask God--- whoever He is, whatever He is.... to show Himself to you. (just make sure you're asking the God of the Universe... no cheap substitute will do).
I've done this EXACT thing, numerous times. If this being does exist, I would like to meet him, yes. I've done it with an honest heart. Felt weird though, I'll be honest, because there I was just speaking to the air, hoping for a response...and there's nothing. Ever. But, many people have told me that this is all I have to do, yet nothing happens. Is that proof that there is no god, just as your experience is proof that there is? See, it doesn't work like that.

See, the biggest problem with unbelievers... is ... em.. that they are close-minded. Their arrogance keeps them from the truth.... because they think that they already have it.
That is also the biggest problem with believers.

God will definitely reveal Himself to you, if you ask. I would go so far as to say that God has waited your whole entire life for you to ask Him that question.
How many times do you have to ask? Is there a formula for this? Because so far, I'd say I've asked a good twenty times. (But when I was a christian I asked hundreds, lol.)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubic0n

.. but you see so many closed-minded to the idea of a God actually existing and that He would ever leave a book for us to read and follow... like it was beyond his ability. I would laugh.. but it's not really funny.
I'm an open-minded atheist. If you can prove to me 100% that your god exists, beyond any shadow of a doubt using solid, concrete evidence then maybe I can believe it.

Your god left a book for us to read? Why didn't he stay here himself so we can communicate with him personally? And I don't mean by speaking to the sky to someone invisible, hoping my voice is being heard and pretending to hear back.

Faith in a religion does not require any evidence or proof. That is the main problem with the phenomena imo.
God also did not leave a book behind , it has been written and re-written by nothing other then humans (according to that same book) long after the "fact".

I don't know about you, but my faith requires all kinds of proof. And God gives it... It's just not like I said- something that can be put into a test tube and proven with human reasoning, formulas, postulates, and theories. The "proof is in the pudding", as they used to say.

About the bible, I used to say something like that... Oh.. "The Bible has all these contradictions"... To my shame... I never really read it at the time... I was just quoting what other people said. When I read the Bible, there is no contradictions... which is amazing for a book written over 2000 years by many different authors... all inspired by God to write those exact words.

You may be able to pick out different pieces out of context and say.... "look, these two statements conflict"... You can do that with anybody's conversation, if you want to.... But reading ideas, prophecies, promises in context they fit together very well.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

"The Bible has all these contradictions"... To my shame... I never really read it at the time... I was just quoting what other people said. When I read the Bible, there is no contradictions... which is amazing for a book written over 2000 years by many different authors... all inspired by God to write those exact words.
Using all four gospels, make a coherent resurrection story. Remember what you said, God told them to write those exact words. Go.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You telling me of your personal experiences is not proof. Otherwise, everyone who says they were abducted by aliens would be proof they were abducted...and it isn't.

How do you know what they experienced wasn't true? Well maybe not everyone's, there's a lot of liars out there... but No-one's?

How many times do you have to ask? Is there a formula for this? Because so far, I'd say I've asked a good twenty times. (But when I was a christian I asked hundreds, lol.)

Then maybe this reply is God's way of revealing Himself to you. Go to a church (association/network) called the Assembly of God... in your area. There, you will experience Him.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

"The Bible has all these contradictions"... To my shame... I never really read it at the time... I was just quoting what other people said. When I read the Bible, there is no contradictions... which is amazing for a book written over 2000 years by many different authors... all inspired by God to write those exact words.
Using all four gospels, make a coherent resurrection story. Remember what you said, God told them to write those exact words. Go.

They all coincide.... and are told from different perspectives. Just like, for example, when people see a house on fire... Some focus on one aspect, the other on a different. But the second person's perspectives, although they may be different, does not nullify the validity of the first.

If you see instances that seem vague... please post.

If you're still interested in a proof that a Jesus actually existed and walked around this earth... You don't have to look very much further than the top of this post. The calendar system revolves around the Birth of Jesus.... for a reason. To put it another way, all of history revolves around this One Person.
edit on 18/11/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/11/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

How do you know what they experienced wasn't true? Well maybe not everyone's, there's a lot of liars out there... but No-one's?
That's exactly right, and that's why it can't count as proof.

Then maybe this reply is God's way of revealing Himself to you. Go to a church (association/network) called the Assembly of God... in your area. There, you will experience Him.
I was raised in a full gospel church, which is pretty much the same as Assembly of God. But now that you've said that, do you mean to say that I can't experience him in a baptist or methodist church? What about Pentecostal?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

They all coincide.... and are told from different perspectives. Just like, for example, when people see a house on fire... Some focus on one aspect, the other on a different. But the second person's perspectives, although they may be different, does not nullify the validity of the first.
Except none of them are inspired by god who gives them the words to say. Now, if god gave them the words to say, it should all be coherent. Go and put them together then write one complete story using all four of them.

I should also say that none of the authors of the gospels (except for maybe John..debatable) were witnesses to the resurrection.

If you're still interested in a proof that a Jesus actually existed and walked around this earth...
Not worried about him walking this earth, he very well may have. Was he god? That's the issue.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I've done a list on this before here at ATS, but here's a quick list on someone else's website.

www.religionfacts.com...

Remember, god gave them the words to say...as you stated.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
America's using her checkbook to avoid God's Judgement.

Those Russian satellite's that kick on at night to heat up the ionosphere......are protecting them. Those verticle streaks of light you see over America at night...that's them. They are expanding what's left of the ionosphere at night to try and protect them from what they've done.

They have the unlimited checkbook and an unlimited supply of suckers who want to come in and be Americans.....they can put off God's Judgement for a VERY VERY long time. There will never be a day when millions of people on Earth don't want to come and be Americans.

Obama's brought in 9 million foreigners and gave them US citizenship since taking office. They are then using tactics against them to make money to fund the big projects......unlimited pool of people to kill off and generate money.....Satan's got a pretty good system going on to defeat Judgement Day. They'll frack America until its unlivable then move on to a new territory keeping it all going.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
America's using her checkbook to avoid God's Judgement.

Those Russian satellite's that kick on at night to heat up the ionosphere......are protecting them. Those verticle streaks of light you see over America at night...that's them. They are expanding what's left of the ionosphere at night to try and protect them from what they've done.

They have the unlimited checkbook and an unlimited supply of suckers who want to come in and be Americans.....they can put off God's Judgement for a VERY VERY long time. There will never be a day when millions of people on Earth don't want to come and be Americans.

Obama's brought in 9 million foreigners and gave them US citizenship since taking office. They are then using tactics against them to make money to fund the big projects......unlimited pool of people to kill off and generate money.....Satan's got a pretty good system going on to defeat Judgement Day. They'll frack America until its unlivable then move on to a new territory keeping it all going.

*stares blankly at screen.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

The USA has always been under Gods judgement.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I've done a list on this before here at ATS, but here's a quick list on someone else's website.

www.religionfacts.com...

Remember, god gave them the words to say...as you stated.

I looked at the site. I don't know... it looks like the author of this site was looking for exact word matches.... Why would that be important? Like mentioned, the gospels are the same thing, but from different perspectives. It's just the human thing to do. I mean, if all four gospels were exactly the same in wording, we could then shed three of them without any trouble, right?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join