It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA Now Under God's Judgement?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
You have rejected Allah, Vishnu, and Zeus. Good luck to you as well. Why is your god more real than all the others? How do you know anything about your god?
I certainly have rejected them. I stand ready to answer for the consequences if I am wrong. Why is he real and the others not? Because truth is true whether or not you believe it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
I certainly have rejected them. I stand ready to answer for the consequences if I am wrong.
Now you see how I feel about it. And, just as you are not worried about it, because you don't believe in those gods, neither am I concerning your god. We are both unbelievers, I just disbelieve in one less god than you.

Why is he real and the others not? Because truth is true whether or not you believe it.
Yes, truth is true...that is true. Why do you think you have the truth and every other belief system is wrong? To add to that, what if you had been born in Saudi Arabia? What kind of arguments would you be presenting me with right now?
edit on 17-11-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You answer yourself. Those who reject the truth reject salvation. It is their choice to make as "hydroman" has apparently chosen. We all must make our choice. We must all accept the consequences of our choice.
What is the consequence of my choice? And do you accept the consequences of your choice of rejecting Allah and his prophet Mohammed?

I am burning for a answer to this one

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubic0n
Yeah, he didn't tell me what the consequences are, though he said there would be some. I wonder what it could be? He's so mysterious.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Yeah, he didn't tell me what the consequences are, though he said there would be some. I wonder what it could be? He's so mysterious.
The consequence of your decision is that you get your wish. You desire to be separate from God and you will be eternally separated from him as you desire.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You answer yourself. Those who reject the truth reject salvation. It is their choice to make as "hydroman" has apparently chosen. We all must make our choice. We must all accept the consequences of our choice.
What is the consequence of my choice? And do you accept the consequences of your choice of rejecting Allah and his prophet Mohammed?

Already answered.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The consequence of your decision is that you get your wish. You desire to be separate from God and you will be eternally separated from him as you desire.
Not a bad consequence to face really. That's how it is now for me and things are great.

But, if there is a benevolent god out there, I think it'd be great to meet it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

How come you didn't try to rebuff my earlier post proving that evolution does exist?

On to more current discussions, how come God tries to test people's faith by putting them through hard times or providing contrary evidence to his existence? Why is it too much to ask him for proof of his existence instead of relying on a book that could've been modified hundreds of times?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Not a bad consequence to face really. That's how it is now for me and things are great.

But, if there is a benevolent god out there, I think it'd be great to meet it.

Apparently, it's eternal damnation in Hell. But since we are there for eternity, if it does exist I guess we will get used to it after a few years.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobSwagger
On to more current discussions, how come God tries to test people's faith by putting them through hard times or providing contrary evidence to his existence? Why is it too much to ask him for proof of his existence instead of relying on a book that could've been modified hundreds of times?
Because relying on ancient writings written by fallible men, translated by fallible men, etc. makes much more sense than getting the information directly from the source. Or, it could be that this god can't talk to us without killing us, like we can't look at him without dying.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Apparently, it's eternal damnation in Hell. But since we are there for eternity, if it does exist I guess we will get used to it after a few years.
Well, he won't say that. He doesn't want to say that we will burn for all eternity because, imo, he sees how insane it is for his god to want to do that. Again, imo.

But, he could be one of those christians who doesn't believe in hell. I know many like that. It's weird that they can't get on the same page for something as important as that information is.

It's like, "You'll face the consequences if you don't choose my god!"

"What are the consequences?"

"Oh, er...you won't be with my god."

"Ah, well who cares?"

As opposed to "You're ass will be burned for all eternity."

"Ohhhh, guess I better follow your god then."

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Also, I care about how I treat people. That's just who I am. There are many who do not.

to me caring about others is the most important thing in the world, and you're right when you say many do not, i used to get frustrated with people who are rude to others because its never acceptable and i still can't understand for the life in me why caring is not the most natural instinct for everyone, some people don't even realise how selfish they are, as long as they are happy they don't think about how there actions might effect others, its quite scary to see just how many people fall into that category,

even though we might not agree on our creation we have something very important in common, we both care about other people, if everyone in the world shared this personality trait the world could be perfect

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985
even though we might not agree on our creation we have something very important in common, we both care about other people, if everyone in the world shared this personality trait the world could be perfect
We should go out sometime.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Because relying on ancient writings written by fallible men, translated by fallible men, etc. makes much more sense than getting the information directly from the source. Or, it could be that this god can't talk to us without killing us, like we can't look at him without dying.

When you put it that way it makes sense why even my professors reject anything except primary sources for papers. Too much happens between primary to secondary and tertiary sources for them to be trusted.

Yea, look upon me, and know me.
edit on 11/17/2012 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The First Sign Of God's Judgment Is Abandonment

Which God? The Flying Spaghetti Monster has NOT abandoned the USA,

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Already answered.

You so far failed to answer the second question on that same line which was actually the part i was so burned on hearing a answer to.

edit on 17-11-2012 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well i'd much rather spand the day with a homosexual than you, you ignorant fool.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreyGoo
Well i'd much rather spand the day with a homosexual than you, you ignorant fool.
Who was that offered to?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Jesus had two fathers and he turned out alright.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

I am not making any claims one way or another I am just pointing out he doesn't know his own scriptures he claims to follow like most religionist. They hang their hat on certain pet scriptures ignoring all others for the most part attach certain traditions and dogma to them and think they have it all figured out. By the way the Bible does claim Jesus was of the lineage of David.

edit on 17-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join