It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA Now Under God's Judgement?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I disagree can you please provide non biblical proof?
The proof is all around you. The very beauty and orderliness of the universe testifies to the presence of a designer.

if entropy is associated with disorder and if the entropy of the universe is headed towards maximal entropy, then many are often puzzled as to the nature of the "ordering" process and operation of evolution in relation to Clausius' most famous version of the second law, which states that the universe is headed towards maximal “disorder”. For example, we find “Scientists have often been baffled by the existence of spontaneous order in the universe. The laws of thermodynamics seem to dictate the opposite, that nature should inexorably degenerate toward a state of greater disorder, greater entropy. Yet all around us we see magnificent structures—galaxies, cells, ecosystems, human beings—that have all somehow managed to assemble themselves.”

They didn't assemble themselves by accident. Especially when you consider Fibonacci's number. This number shows up everywhere. From our body to plants to sea shells to galaxies. You actually believe this is the result of uncountable numbers of random accidents?

Yes well, that was known a long time before the Christian god became to be, so why do you believe in Christianity and nto, lets say, the Egyptian mythology or Odin and Thor?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mc4denmark

I don't know all the answers but I know your god wasn't involved.

Replied to wrong poster for which I apologise.
edit on 17-11-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Yet, in their desperation to deny God many evolutionists came to believe that higher beings from outer space came to planet earth to "seed" the planet with life

They aren't "evolutionists", it is a collection of "authors" who get air time on the television programme called Ancient Aliens.

"DNA doesn't let a dog evolve from a fish"... why did I even bother.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

When you can create a universe, you can make your own rules.

It sounds almost like you are a religious parody and are just trolling based on their laughable world views.

"It is not my truth, but it is THE truth".

That's why religion is the dangerous mental illness that it is. Shift the blame to some nonsensical thing, like a serial killer. "I was told to kill". It is sickening.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Valedictorian
The primary reason God is against homosexual behavior in all of its forms - its in violation of the laws of nature. Its against God's overall plan for humanity - for marriage and pro-creation.
Again, infertile people should be treated the same as homosexuals if that is the case.

A mere natural aberration such a infertility (which only might be temporary btw) does not constitute a violation of the "Laws of Nature." Its far different than deliberate acting on - and acting out - of immoral behavior such as homosexuality that is contrary to God's will and to God's plan for us all to be saved.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Which of the almost 3000 God's and its "rules" are you referring too ?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The primary reason God is against homosexual behavior in all of its forms - its in violation of the laws of nature. Its against God's overall plan for humanity - for marriage and pro-creation.
Again, infertile people should be treated the same as homosexuals if that is the case.

A mere natural aberration such a infertility (which only might be temporary btw) does not constitute a violation of the "Laws of Nature." Its far different than deliberate acting on - and acting out - of immoral behavior such as homosexuality that is contrary to God's will and to God's plan for us all to be saved.

If God is omni powerful , If God created humanity then god is also responsible for the existence of homosexuality and much like infertility in people.

I always find it interesting to hear arguments that follow the "It was gods will" and " We are god's creation" sentiments go straight out of the window as soon as it does not fit certain peoples opinions.

edit on 17-11-2012 by Rubic0n because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
.. but you see so many closed-minded to the idea of a God actually existing and that He would ever leave a book for us to read and follow... like it was beyond his ability. I would laugh.. but it's not really funny.
I'm an open-minded atheist. If you can prove to me 100% that your god exists, beyond any shadow of a doubt using solid, concrete evidence then maybe I can believe it.

Your god left a book for us to read? Why didn't he stay here himself so we can communicate with him personally? And I don't mean by speaking to the sky to someone invisible, hoping my voice is being heard and pretending to hear back.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

.. but you see so many closed-minded to the idea of a God actually existing and that He would ever leave a book for us to read and follow... like it was beyond his ability. I would laugh.. but it's not really funny.
I'm an open-minded atheist. If you can prove to me 100% that your god exists, beyond any shadow of a doubt using solid, concrete evidence then maybe I can believe it.

Your god left a book for us to read? Why didn't he stay here himself so we can communicate with him personally? And I don't mean by speaking to the sky to someone invisible, hoping my voice is being heard and pretending to hear back.

Faith in a religion does not require any evidence or proof. That is the main problem with the phenomena imo.
God also did not leave a book behind , it has been written and re-written by nothing other then humans (according to that same book) long after the "fact".

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Evolution: Study of changes to species over time and the mechanisms that cause them

Abiogenesis: Study of the origin of life.

When looking at evolution everyone always looks at animal life but one of the best examples or "proof" is in plant life. Corn evolved from the teosinte plant.

Evidence of the transitional forms of corn is also very commonly found in middens by archaeologists.

I don't see much alien involvement there

edit on 11/17/2012 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
The proof is all around you. The very beauty and orderliness of the universe testifies to the presence of a designer.
Look at those trees. Hmmm, god is real!

You truly believe the universe is orderly? Why do galaxies collide into each other? How orderly is that? Why do stars go supernova, wiping out everything in their path? Why do black holes swallow stars and planets mercilessly? Why do planets collide into each other, obliterating themselves? Why do threats of asteroids frighten us every year? Where do these asteroids, meteors, etc. come from? Something must have been destroyed in this orderly universe...Etc.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubic0n

Faith in a religion does not require any evidence or proof. That is the main problem with the phenomena imo.
God also did not leave a book behind , it has been written and re-written by nothing other then humans (according to that same book) long after the "fact".

Exactly.

The Bible disproves itself anyways. When tests were done on the original bible writings they showed to be written hundreds of years after the events they describe, especially the ones about Jesus.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985
reply to post by Hydroman

I have asked, many times. Tons of people praying for me to get this truth as well. I guess I need more faith? Actually, I don't trust faith. I need evidence. Good concrete, solid evidence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

hi, it sounds to me like you genuinely want to know the truth, it will come to you in some way or another eventually, i hope it will for everyone....etc.

That was all nice, and I'm not trying to be rude here, but was that your proof?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
I posted it as I meant.
Oh, I know you did. I was trying to be funny. I guess you don't watch the American version of The Office?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Well unfortunately for you, it doesn't work that way hydro. And I doubt very much that you would believe even if God was here among us and smacked you across the face for being so full of yourself. You see God has a plan of free will and obligations to other beings we don't know of and there are all sorts of reasons, one could imagine that things aren't as simple for you as you would personally have them be. For one thing if God allowed absolute proof of his existence ? There wouldn't be enough people like you in the world to fulfill prophecy. So you're whole ignorant existence is actually just a small little insignificant piece of sand, that does help construct a whole world..
All for the glory of God.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

God had no problem popping up anywhere and everywhere like a demented jack-in-a-box in the past/OT. Why hasn't he visited in so long? Seems like a pretty inconsistent omnipresence.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
reply to post by randyvs

God had no problem popping up anywhere and everywhere like a demented jack-in-a-box in the past/OT. Why hasn't he visited in so long? Seems like a pretty inconsistent omnipresence.

Exactly.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Well unfortunately for you, it doesn't work that way hydro. And I doubt very much that you would believe even if God was here among us and smacked you across the face for being so full of yourself. You see God has a plan of free will and obligations to other beings we don't know of and there are all sorts of reasons, one could imagine that things aren't as simple for you as you would personally have them be. For one thing if God allowed absolute proof of his existence ? There wouldn't be enough people like you in the world to fulfill prophecy. So you're whole ignorant existence is actually just a small little insignificant piece of sand, that does help construct a whole world..
All for the glory of God.
If he stayed here with us, we wouldn't need vague prophecies that can be interpreted a million different ways. We wouldn't need thousands of man-made religions. Yes, if he came to me, how could I not believe? I believe in you, and that's because I'm communicating with you and you back to me. You and I, we have a better relationship right now than any christian on the planet with their god.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
reply to post by randyvs

A "inconvenient truth"

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I believe I have made a point of ignoring your comments in the past and shall make a point of ignoring them in the future but just this once I thought I should tell you that I and many like me look forward to the day when it will no longer be necessary for us to ignore you.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join