It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA Now Under God's Judgement?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mymymy
reply to post by adjensen

I thought God was all powerful, or does he have a limit? I can whine all I want about someone who can create anything, but apparently can't create enough food for all of his creations. I am one of his creations too and can barely feed mine, I don't have his power, if I did, you can bet your a** NO ONE would go hungry at the very least
There is enough food in the world to feed everybody. The problem is people. For various reasons, people don't take good care of each other. God gave us humans freewill. We can use our freewill to do good or evil. We can use our freewill to do nothing at all. We can choose to follow the Lord or to despise him. Thanks to our fallen natures, a result of bad choices made by freewill, bad things happen to people all over the world. God is letting us see the results of our bad choices. We make our beds every day. We make our choices every day. We all get to live with the results of those choices for good or ill.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mymymy
reply to post by adjensen

Oh my good Lord ( yes I said it ), do you really believe what you just wrote??? So are we a cruel experiment for someone who "loves" us so much? I wouldn't do this to my children, I wouldn't do this to anyone, so apparently I am more moral than your God, and that's really sad, because I don't think I am that great of a person
There is a big difference between allowing us to experience the results of our bad choices and submitting us to "cruel experiments".

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I think we will know that we are mostly on our own when the crime rates go up. There is something that is holding some people back. One day everyone is going to be truly free. They will have nothing holding them back.
We know there are are a lot of murderers, pedophiles, and the like. What we don't know is how many people think about doing something, but then change their mind. These people are not really religious, they just somehow change their minds about it. They have second thoughts and maybe even feel shame at thinking about these things.

Everyone asks why this happened or why that happened. What everyone should ask is why it isn't actually worse. One day everyone that ever even remotely considered doing something is probably going to do it because they will not have anything holding them back from doing it.

One day it will be too late to try to develop a sense of right or wrong, shame or remorse. Whatever you are is what you will be. You will not develop any more and so you will do whatever you are inclined to do.

Then everyone is going to see who or what you really are. It is a scary thought. I believe it is coming though. This change is going to reveal everyone's true colors.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Do you really believe the garbage that spews from your mouth.

If there was a god and he gave us free will and then refused to do anything to show he exists then why would he be so angry when we used that free will to stop believing in him.

You really need to think about what you're saying rather than just regurgitating mindless garbage.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Who created the aliens? All you do is push the issue back 1 layer. While I see nothing in the Bible that indicates there is no life on other worlds, I do not believe any of those beings are here. That is not to say that I do not believe UFOs have been seen here, I just don't believe that they are from another planet.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mc4denmark

If their really is a god, I could not imaging him love someone as hateful and ignorant as you
Odd, I could see him loving someone as evil and sinful as you. If he can love me as sinful and evil as I am, he can love anyone.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The Bible talks about heavenly hosts and powers of the air. It talks about demons, giants and all sort of mysterious happenings. In Genesis it talks about the demons mating with humans. This created the giants and these giants were supposed to be destroyed with the flood. Most of the humans were infected so they had to die too. Then some of them lived anyway. Many of the ancient monuments, earthworks, and mysterious artifacts were made by these halfbreeds. They had greater capacity for knoweldge than mortal man. They worked along side man and taught him many things. The demons half breeds probably enjoyed watching the little humans war among themselves. They probably had favorites like we have favorite football teams.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Who created god?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by buster2010
How can America be under the judgment of something that has yet been proven to exist? It's funny how people say there are no aliens but believe in God with the same amount of proof.
Your remark was anticipated and has already been addressed in the OP.

What proof is there of God's existence in your post? The only point you bring up is that DNA should've proven that evolution doesn't exist, but that is non sense. There are things called mutations. Just check this paper out (if you're willing to question a being that hasn't been proven to exist) speaking on how trans-located anoles evolved over a period of only 20 years. And I'm not going to bother providing links of how homosexuality is found in animals because it has probably already been brought up.

Anoles

Also, a majority of the founding fathers were deists, so why would America suddenly now be punished when its leaders believe that God just created the universe and didn't interfere in their lives? Hell, what type of "all loving God" would punish people for not believing in him? Seems pretty petty to me.

edit on 17-11-2012 by BobSwagger because: I really need to proof read after I change wording

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
In Physics it talks often about the power of light and sound. If you bombard water molecules with sound, you get light.

In the Bible, cross reference the words light and sound. God is not seen but he is very often described as having light around him. He is in the light and there is no darkness to him. He is also described often as sound, such as rushing or thundering.

I believe as we learn more about science and physics we will learn about the powers of light and sound. Physics also says there must have been an observer of the big bang.

God is the consciousness and the light and the sound.

I like science and religion. We can talk about the same things and have different words. I do believe though that God is alive or conscious of what he is doing. Science hasn't gotten so far that they will admit that there is intelligence to creation. Well some scientists are religious and will admit it but some don't want to believe it.

In the end I think some people want to believe it and will look and find evidence to satisfy it.
There are others who don't want to believe it and they will look and find evidence that satisfies them.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I will not be holding my breath waiting for any Rapture.

Good for you

Because there is no rapture in the bible. Its something that some of the new age churches made up.
Nothing more than christian wishful thinking.

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
144,000 people being taken up into Heaven to exist as they were on Earth and living is some Mansion in the Sky!?

If you read it correctly, the 144,000 are strictly Jewish male virgins, but they are far from the only people who make it to heaven.

Here are the Christians, right after the verse about the 144K:

9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”

The 144,000 aren't "Jewish"......
every last one of them

.... follow the Lamb wherever he goes

The Israel of God have always believed in the one name given under Heaven by which one must be saved.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Is the USA Now Under God's Judgement?

Frankly, there are a lot of other countries who behave a lot worse than the USA. Americans are VERY generous people. If any country were to be under 'God's Judgement' then it would be places like China that forces people to kill their unborn children ... millions and millions and millions of forced pre-birth murders. Another one - Afghanistan and how it practically enslaves women, treating half it's population like dirt. LOTS of places behave worse than the USA. If God was going to cast judgement upon the nations of the earth, then a 'just God' would do so evenly across the board and not just point His etherial finger at the USA. IMHO.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
When the spirit is lifted I think it means lifted off of everything. Then everyone is going to have nothing holding them back. Some people may feel this is great. Nothing is holding me back, I can do whatever I want. Well just imagine the implications of that. You want freedom and you will have it, all of it, and everything that implies. Some people will continue to be mostly kind people and peaceful. Some people are going to get a lot worse though.

I hope some remnant of the spirit will stay with me. I am in no way perfect and I never would claim to be. I hope I would survive enough of the transition so that I'd not revert into some mad creature as well.
I know myself though and no one would want me around without some restraint.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Of course America is under God's judgement. That started when we oficially kicked God out of the schools in 1963.

And we can all see how that worked out.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by mc4denmark

try to open your eyes and stop being so "for god and country" -America is not the world saviour and anyone with the slightest ability to see things objective would know that

We don't want to "save" anyone. I am not "for god and country", your stereotyping of all Americans as ultra nationalist shows your ignorance. We have a VERY strong left in the US that I may belong to for all you know.

Oh, and you are blaming the US for technological waste? Every country for the most part with the exception of maybe brazil is horrible at recycling. At least we do recycle and led the world initiative to do so when no one was.

Does Africa's slash and burn farming count as a product of the 20th century or is it a product of irresponsible farming? Are their war lords a product of American imperialism or a natural state of African war fare stemming from tribal war fare?

You can try and blame us for the world's problems but you will just miss your opportunity to correct your own peoples flaws.

Get over it. And people say WE think we are the center of the world.

We are not trying to save the world as much as the world is trying to blame us for not doing so.

edit on 17-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

You REALLY only hear what you want to hear don’t you? I blame both the Western world and US for the damaging of many people because of OUR life style, I dont think I can say it any clear to you than this. Try to get over your self will ya.

There is NO DOUBT, that the entire American dream idea is build on the worst kind of capitalism you can Imagen and that is what is happening to the US at the moment, and idea that cannot lift its own weight.

And trust me, I hate that Helle Thorning, our prime minister, is so in love with the American way. Here in Denmark no news outlet is talking about NDAA agreement and how much money the US currently has in debt, the money they spend on surveillance like trapwire and how the constantly impose fear by a enemy they self created, the "terrorist" Trust me, we are many who is aposed by the idea of more us.

It was also the US and their "war on drugs" that got e.g. cannabis illegalized in Denmark. For a country that dont want to "safe" the world, they sure impose a lot of their beliefs on other country’s
edit on 17-11-2012 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2012 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think people who do good Because of God are pathetic.
Who can you not do good because you ARE good?

Any way the church has been taken over by evil.
And run by kiddie fiddlers. Just like the Gov.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981

Who created god?
Nobody. He is and was and always will be. The universe is not an accident, he designed and created it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I disagree can you please provide non biblical proof?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

The proof is all around you. The very beauty and orderliness of the universe testifies to the presence of a designer.

if entropy is associated with disorder and if the entropy of the universe is headed towards maximal entropy, then many are often puzzled as to the nature of the "ordering" process and operation of evolution in relation to Clausius' most famous version of the second law, which states that the universe is headed towards maximal “disorder”. For example, we find “Scientists have often been baffled by the existence of spontaneous order in the universe. The laws of thermodynamics seem to dictate the opposite, that nature should inexorably degenerate toward a state of greater disorder, greater entropy. Yet all around us we see magnificent structures—galaxies, cells, ecosystems, human beings—that have all somehow managed to assemble themselves.”

They didn't assemble themselves by accident. Especially when you consider Fibonacci's number. This number shows up everywhere. From our body to plants to sea shells to galaxies. You actually believe this is the result of uncountable numbers of random accidents?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

The proof is all around you. The very beauty and orderliness of the universe testifies to the presence of a designer.

if entropy is associated with disorder and if the entropy of the universe is headed towards maximal entropy, then many are often puzzled as to the nature of the "ordering" process and operation of evolution in relation to Clausius' most famous version of the second law, which states that the universe is headed towards maximal “disorder”. For example, we find “Scientists have often been baffled by the existence of spontaneous order in the universe. The laws of thermodynamics seem to dictate the opposite, that nature should inexorably degenerate toward a state of greater disorder, greater entropy. Yet all around us we see magnificent structures—galaxies, cells, ecosystems, human beings—that have all somehow managed to assemble themselves.”

They didn't assemble themselves by accident. Especially when you consider Fibonacci's number. This number shows up everywhere. From our body to plants to sea shells to galaxies. You actually believe this is the result of uncountable numbers of random accidents?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join