It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA Now Under God's Judgement?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Off-topic (so, sorry, OP) but I've seen Zardoz and that was one of the most seriously messed up films I've ever run across. Thanks for the avatar of Sean in his "posing pouch" and bringing up all those repressed memories, lol.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Sharing is caring. Now join us in second level.........second.....level....

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Oh my good Lord ( yes I said it ), do you really believe what you just wrote??? So are we a cruel experiment for someone who "loves" us so much? I wouldn't do this to my children, I wouldn't do this to anyone, so apparently I am more moral than your God, and that's really sad, because I don't think I am that great of a person

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Great post! I have never heard that theory before. I will have to look in to it. Part of me had, until recently, believed that we were one of the young lions of the merchants of Tarshis. Now I begin to believe we may be the second beast with two horns as a lamb yet speaks like dragon. I used to believe the theory put forth by Hal Lindsay, Tim Lehay, Grant Jeffries and others where the anti-Christ and the false prophet were actual individuals. Now I am not so sure. It really doesn't matter in the end though. The important thing is Jesus.

The key is Carbon. It has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. Now read who the beast is:

Revelation 13

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e-or of mankind] That number is 666.

There is another clue here. I will put them into 3 categories of 6 items. That's 666. ALSO, "MARK THIS!"

2 Timothy 3

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be

6) lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents,

6) ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control,

6) brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power.

Have nothing to do with such people.

The beast is selfishness. Carbon is the mark of mankind (Beast to be sacrificed). We are the temple and the beast must be removed from the refinement of the carbon.

To get back to the USA and the UN, we need to consider what is coming. Carbon trading is the next step beyond the Petrol Dollar. No nation can buy or sell and pretty soon, no man will be able to buy or sell without the mark of selfishness. Carbon trading is the new money standard and UNESCO holds the reserve currency. Do a search for Biosphere Reserves.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mymymy

So are we a cruel experiment for someone who "loves" us so much?

Who said it was an experiment?

You said "God should make sure that there is enough food for everyone" and I pointed out that there is -- it is human beings and their actions that result in the world that you see.

God gave us life and a world, with guidance how to live. How is it his fault when we ignore what he says and treat each other terribly?

I wouldn't do this to my children, I wouldn't do this to anyone, so apparently I am more moral than your God

So you would force your children to do things that are against their wills, treating them as robots, without minds of their own, and that makes you more moral than God? You have a weird sense of morality.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Yes we are an experiment. If God gave the world everything, but didn't give everyone everything, but sat back to see if we would follow his "blueprint", THAT is an experiment.

I don't know how to dissect comments like you, but Would I force my children to do things against their wills? If I was Omnipotent and could provide for all, well, I wouldn't have to, if I was Omnipotent, I am not cruel so I would never put them in that position, but seeing as I am NOT Omnipotent, if my child had more then he needed, yes I would force him to do what's right

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mymymy

I am going to go to bed right now, I loved this debate, I will see you tomorrow, either way, have a great night to you and yours

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just thought I would share something interesting I accidentally ran across which coincides with this thread quite closely -

Mystery Babylon at the Gate - America is Falling!

On Inauguration Day, Jan. 20, 2013, a very dark event is going to take place in the invisible realm over America. Spiritual Babylon is going to arrive and take over America. The bottomless pit is going to release many demonic entities and these spirits are going to bring a mass influx of spiritual poison over the skies of America. The end result is going to be an incredible change in the spiritual atmosphere of the USA. The feral demons that were once held at bay in the bottomless pit are going to be allowed to enter America and begin infecting their evil demonic sludge over the people. A similar event took place in Pre-WW2 Germany as Hitler came into power. A plague of evil swept over their land. It blinded many of the German people and placed them under the bondage and a spell of darkness. History has revealed the results.

www.watchmanscry.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Although even talking about this makes me laugh...the number is Six Hundred and Sixty Six not 6 plus 6 plus 6.

Revelations is a very big joke. It was written by a Man to frighten Men and Women. I will not be holding my breath waiting for any Rapture. The concept of the Rapture is equally STUPID. 144,000 people being taken up into Heaven to exist as they were on Earth and living is some Mansion in the Sky!? Dumb and DUMBER!

I will raise you a Tooth Fairy and 2 Easter Bunnies! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Yes we are an experiment. If God gave the world everything, but didn't give everyone everything, but sat back to see if we would follow his "blueprint", THAT is an experiment.

No, it isn't. It's called existence. You are put here, given direction, both internal (conscience) and external (teaching) that tells you what is moral and how to act. Whether you choose to act in accordance with that morality is your choice. Period. That goes for you, me, Bill Gates, President Obama, everyone.

I don't know how to dissect comments like you, but Would I force my children to do things against their wills? If I was Omnipotent and could provide for all, well, I wouldn't have to, if I was Omnipotent, I am not cruel so I would never put them in that position,

How? How would you never put them in that position? Would you simply make sure that food magically appeared on the plates of all the poor people? How would that affect how people perceived you, and how they perceived their duty to those around them?

but seeing as I am NOT Omnipotent, if my child had more then he needed, yes I would force him to do what's right

So, you see nothing wrong with forcing your will on others, regardless of their beliefs or desires? You're that sure that your view of right and wrong is so correct that you are willing to dictate it to others, regardless of what they think?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle
reply to post by DarthMuerte

it's clear that God's judgement has already begun.

God's judgement is not yet. However, God's wrath is soon to begin.

Thank you truejew! I guess what I'm getting at is the USA has been weighed in the balance and found wanting. It has been given a chance as a nation to return to God and has apparently turned it's back collectively on the blessings God wanted to bestow. In essence, it's not God who has judged the people but the people themselves have decided to do what was "right" in their own eyes and have blatantly chosen to disregard the Creator of all things and as a consequence, condemned themselves.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Threads that you don't like are a lot less irritating if you just don't read them, Ace. This is posted in a "Religion" forum... if you don't like God or religion, why don't you just find another forum that doesn't bother you so much?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Great post! I have never heard that theory before. I will have to look in to it. Part of me had, until recently, believed that we were one of the young lions of the merchants of Tarshis. Now I begin to believe we may be the second beast with two horns as a lamb yet speaks like dragon. I used to believe the theory put forth by Hal Lindsay, Tim Lehay, Grant Jeffries and others where the anti-Christ and the false prophet were actual individuals. Now I am not so sure. It really doesn't matter in the end though. The important thing is Jesus.

You're starting to lean toward Historicism from being a futurist. That's great, you're on the right track IMHO. I was once a Futurist myself, and its a bit hard to understand at first, but believe me, once you learn it nothing else even comes close to being as accurate.

Its true that Christ is the most important thing, but don't forget that the Bible is warning us of a time when the 'mark' will be put into play. Every deception possible will be used to trick Christians into accepting the mark, and it will separate the wheat from the chaff, the real Christians from the worldly pharisees. If you don't understand that countries are beast, you will be fooled into possibly getting the mark because you're still watching for an antichrist that is never coming. This is also one of the dangers with believing in a futurist pre-trib rapture.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I thought God was all powerful, or does he have a limit? I can whine all I want about someone who can create anything, but apparently can't create enough food for all of his creations. I am one of his creations too and can barely feed mine, I don't have his power, if I did, you can bet your a** NO ONE would go hungry at the very least

You are subject to a world that is ruled by Satan, this is written about multiple times in the bible. Man sinned and become subject to both the law and death in Satan's world. The wages of sin is death. God does not allow “bad things to happen to good people”, we are all bad people from Gods perspective, and all deserving of death. He does not cause that though, its our own fault that we are in the condition that we currently find ourselves in.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I will not be holding my breath waiting for any Rapture.

Good for you

Because there is no rapture in the bible. Its something that some of the new age churches made up.
Nothing more than christian wishful thinking.

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
144,000 people being taken up into Heaven to exist as they were on Earth and living is some Mansion in the Sky!?

If you read it correctly, the 144,000 are strictly Jewish male virgins, but they are far from the only people who make it to heaven.

Here are the Christians, right after the verse about the 144K:

9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
How can America be under the judgment of something that has yet been proven to exist? It's funny how people say there are no aliens but believe in God with the same amount of proof.

I find those aggressive against God funny personally, why do you hate a being you've never seen? a being in the far 'edge' of the universe, just because you haven't conducted a thorough investigation of the entire universe it doesn't give you the justification to despise that being, if you are simply hating those who believe in that being that is just as bad, it's always hate with you guys, I don't hate anyone, atheists, agnostics, believers, why the hate? If I wasn't a believer I know I'd be an agnostic as opposed to an atheist, because atheists are too arrogant to acknowledge the fact that they don't know what is in 99.99999% of the universe, at least agnostics admit they don't know what's there. Believers don't know everything either, they just claim the unknown being in the 'far edge' of the universe has personally contacted them in some non-verbal way, if the 6th sense that these believers claim was used to recieve this 'communication' was proven to exist I wonder how many atheists would accept the possibility and become agnostics.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by adjensen
No, Catholics do not worship the Pope, the saints, or Mary. Take ten minutes to research Catholicism from sources that aren't steeped in hatred, like yours appear to be, and you'd know that.

I've spent more then ten minutes researching Catholicism, more like 4 years going to Catholic high school. Although he might be stating it somewhat incorrectly, fundamentally what he is saying is accurate. Most Christians do not consider Catholicism to be Christianity. Just a few of the top reason being:

1)Salvation through both faith and works.
2)Papal infallibility... Which is actually a left over from the Roman Emperors being Pontifex Maximus, and claiming to “speak as gods”.
3)Prayer to anyone else besides God.
4)Public confession.
5) Purgatory. This was nothing more then a manufactured Catholic dogma to support Indulgence sales.
6) Catholic tradition having the same weight as scripture.
7) Papal decrees holding more weight then scripture.

Originally posted by adjensen

Did you know that before they called themselves Catholics, they were called Romans? That's right! And they used to take Christians and throw us to the lions. They even used to throw us up on crosses and light our heads on fire, until one of their fancy emperors decided there was enough money to be made by creating a state religion based on Christianity.

That is one of the stupidest things I've read in recent memory.

The Catholic church was started by the Apostles, following the death of Christ and has been the same church ever since -- the Eastern Orthodox left the Catholic church in 1054 and the Protestants left the Catholic church, starting in the 16th Century, but it is the Catholic church that goes all the way back to the people being thrown to the lions.

If you believe that Constantine created the Catholic church in 320AD, then he also subsequently created all Orthodox and Protestant offshoots, as they stem from the very same church that existed in 320AD. However, conspiracy nuts aside, rest assured that Constantine didn't create anything... he wasn't even a Christian until he was on his deathbed, if then.

Hold on to your seat because you're not going to like this:
In fact the Roman Catholic Church as it stands has nothing to do with the original Church of Rome, and I can guarantee you that Peter would NEVER have accepted the title of Pope or Pontiff.

Do you realize that the line of popes actually goes back to Damasus I, and prior to him the title was held by Roman Emperors, including Nero, who was the biggest prosecutor of Christians in history, next to the Catholic Church itself (the Catholic Church has killed more Christians then anyone in history).

Anyway, the reason is the title of Pontifex Maximus was a Roman Title for the head of the collage of Pagan Churches. The title was almost always held by an Emperor, though on rare occasion it was granted to a senator. The position of the Pontifex Maximus matches exactly with the description in Daniel of the 'Little Horn', and the title conveyed much of the power of the old Emperors over to the Popes.

Emperor Gratian, who was a Christian, refused to accept the title as “unsuitable for a Christian to hold this office”. He disbanded the Vestal's and removed much of the pagan influence from Rome. At the same time the Catholic Church was taking this pagan stuff, and canonizing it into their version of the Catholic Religion. The Pontifex Maximus became the Holy Pontiff, the Vestals became nuns, etc...

Slowly the Church became more powerful then the Emperors were, and exerted its influence into politics. Using religion to control the masses as well as the governments of Europe. In doing so they took such great liberties with their interpretations of the Bible, that it finally drove the Protestant Reformation into existence.

A Christian from the original Church of Rome would not recognize present Catholicism as being a Christian Religion.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/16/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blindlyzack
reply to post by DarthMuerte

All you're doing is making yourself look silly. I'm done talking to you -- I'll be on the sidelines laughing as you continue to spout your nonsense.

You may also 'on the sidelines' gnashing your teeth thinking "He was right!" at that time it will be too late!
I don't think it's a good idea to call "whatever' created the Universe stupid or nonsensical... I'm just saying!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

edit on 16-11-2012 by adjensen because: tags fixed, just a bit...

Will need to spend some time in a post back, but it's almost 11PM, so I beg your indulgence (lol)
edit on 16-11-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join