It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts in hostile areas of the world??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
OK here's one for you all to consider................here I am, sat in what is probably the most dangerous city in the world today. Thousands, if not tens of thousands of people have lost their lives here over the years. Often they have been killed with little or no warning and have died in every manner and way imaginable.

My question is this..........why, when you take into account the above, is Baghdad not "Ghost Central?"

I would like to hear other members thoughts on this. Genuine question, I'm interested in your opinions

[edit on 20/10/2004 by BillyTheCat]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I have renamed this topic in the hope that someone out there will share their thoughts on my question.

Come on then...........where are all the ghosts????

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
well i would tend to think spirits would tend to find places to haunt that are relativley quiet...tthey usually are looking for peace...so I don't see them haunting areas that regualrly see violence. Scientifically spirits usually feed off of electromagnetic energy. If you have vehicles, communication devices and surveillance equiptment running 24/7 those would tend to disrupt any ambient elctromagnetic fields. Maybe there is just too much stuff going on for people to notice. Just a theory...

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Interesting, but I have heard people say that ghosts are the souls of those who have died either suddenly or have been killed unlawfully???

If this is the case then this place should be awash with ghosts!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If ghosts were created in this way then the same should be true for Hiroshima and Nagasiki as well as many other places. My guess is that ghosts don�t exist at all, this is just my personal opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Blimey...a non believer!.....Just like me! LOL

Well yes I have to say I think that you are right, otherwise sightings would be so regular that there would be adequate proof to confirm that ghosts do exist.

Thanks for that. I was begining to think I was the only 'non believer' on the site

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Sorry, wanted to speak on this question for a bit. Think about the things we know of for sure that cause a 'ghosting' effect. Specifically when an image blurs because it is moving too fast or heat signatures in a room that remains hours after everyone leaves. You can even make out the shapes of people. I'm sure there are other examples. For me I think it's these signatures. Maybe a signature as a result of time in the same way you can clearly remember things, the environment moves and acts as it once did. Kind of like those old VCRs that would play a tape, stop, rewind, and play again. Another examples are like stars long gone but the light still shows it's there because of the time it takes light to travel. Yes it's a jumbled mass of random analogies without any scientific formulas to back it up but then again, it's just my opinion.

Interesting question, what specifically causes a ghost? *hands the mic to the next person*

[edit on 21-10-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Let me kinda clarify...usually when paranormal investigations occur and odd happenings occur (i.e. poltergeist activity, cold spots, apparitions, etc.) the ambient elctromagnetic fields increase sometimes exponentially during the events. They measure these increases with magnetometers. It seems to be the one common denominator to most paranormal activity. Now on the flip side a strong enough EM field CAN cause hallucinations and some have specualted could unlock psychic powers temporarily to allow objects to move seemingly unaided by seeable forces. Alot of potential hauntings have been debunked because of proximity to powerlines and unusually high EM fields found in nature. As for a soul or spirit in the religious or mythical sense I don't see it as such. I think once we start to understand a little more about the effects of EM we will start to see that it isnt the spirit of the long dead or the wrongfully killed coming back to haunt the living. I think it is the leftover energies from people interacting with Em or a second thought maybe EM is tearing a hole into another dimension or plane of existence we have yet to even fathom.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat
Interesting, but I have heard people say that ghosts are the souls of those who have died either suddenly or have been killed unlawfully???

As the theory goes, ghosts are the souls of people who (1) died instantly (they wander around where they died, not even realizing they're dead!), (2) their lives were cut short, by either natural causes (like a plague) or due to being murdered in cold blood (usually haunting where they were laid to rest, or their bodies disintegrated), or (3) they were very bitter and were bound to the Earth by their bitterness (haunting the places they loved/frequented the most in life).

So, if a person is at peace and prepared for the afterlife (they know that they're dead, and they're not bitter), they are most likely to move on (to Heaven or Hell, presumably).

The last statement is a caveat that tries to explain why the planet isn't already saturated with ghosts. However, despite this, as the world's population increases exponentially, there will inevitably be more ghosts. Also, logic says that, using the rules above, ghosts are most likely to be in cities (where people live), and most likely in places where people die (hospitals), are laid to rest (cemetaries), or even frequent (hotels, schools & colleges).

Also, there are more theories out there, based on logic, human experiences though the millenia, and those who have devoted their lives to studying the mysteries of this realm of existence the modern world still knows virtually nothing about. For example, there are not just ghosts, but also angels and demons wandering around the planet. Angels protect the living, while demons hunt the dead. Indeed, demons are spiritual vampires -- they hunt out the ghosts, and absorb them, and use that energy to taunt the living... at least, those rare living people who are succeptible to them.

So, given this, I'd wager that, if ghosts are real, that Baghdad, Iraq would indeed be one of the most haunted places on Earth. It's one of the planet's oldest cities, it has seen thousands of battles in hundreds of wars over the millenia, it has the problems that any city has (murder, rape, robbery, etc.), and on top of all that it's considered a holy city in all three Western religons (Christianity, Judaism, and Islam).

The jury is still out on whether or not ghosts exist for me, but it is interesting to note that all cultures, in all parts of the world, has legends, mysteries, and simliar theories and ideas on ghosts, angels, and demons, even before the world became connected centuries ago.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
If ghosts were created in this way then the same should be true for Hiroshima and Nagasiki as well as many other places. My guess is that ghosts don�t exist at all, this is just my personal opinion.

Originally posted by BillyTheCat
Blimey...a non believer!.....Just like me! LOL
I was begining to think I was the only 'non believer' on the site

goto gettysburg PA, talk to locals there, walk around the battle fieilds there during the day and or night your choice.

I can almost bet you a few bucks that you would change your mind.

Or you can goto New Orleans, one of the most haunted places in the US.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I was researching and found this sight...doesnt really go into detail but interesting stuff...

theshadowlands.net...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
why didnt you just give this one.
theshadowlands.net...

I found this a while ago when I was research and ghost hunting..

Munhall - Woodlawn(they spelled the name wrong here. the put Woodland.) School - There was a man that was burn to death in the basement and you can see him in the school looking out the windows and walking around the school some times you can see smoke come out the stack too. November 2003 addition: not only in and around Woodlawn is there the ghost of the janitor and smiley face man there is a little girl that you can see sometimes at night in and around and she hums and sings a tune similar to ring around the rosy and wears a little white dress and has been seen by very many people in and around Woodlawn school the times she was seen in the school there was a group of people in the school after it was closed(for several years) and they went in and they heard the tune and the doors started to slam and then they got out of there and the girl is reportedly seen in and around the school very frequently

This one is where I grew up and went to middle school at...
I can say that the janitor one is at least true, our principle and vp and 2 janitors have seen this or heard this dead janitor at some point in the 3 years that I went there.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I was focusing mainly on japan at the time...lol

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I see, haha I understand its cool.. I thought i would show that other one also, to help some people.. as I pointed out gettysburg and new orleans has alot of hotspots.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
yeah i didnt know my town had that many sights (orlando) especially some of the places I frequent...i might have to start takin closer looks..

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Take a camera, a 35mm and digital, 35mm cause its hard to dispute, alot of people in the ghost hunting field hate digital cameras cause its easy to fake evidence, so I would say if u do any ghost hunting take a digital, and a 35mm, and a video camera with infared lighting on it.. aka night vision.

But really make sure you have permmision before you go into these places.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
well the one place on the list called tabu nightclub I used to work security there...i know i can get in there just never heard of any haunting tho... definatley will bring 35mm tho...gotta wait till i get tax return for the cam corder tho

top topics

join