It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A major Buddhist archaeological site in Afghanistan scheduled to be destroyed next month (Dec 2012)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A major Buddhist archaeological site in Afghanistan is set to be destroyed next month:

www.facebook.com...
www.youtube.com...

Sign the petition:
www.change.org...

Make your local political representatives aware of this issue.
edit on 15-11-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The Chinese government is the real NWO conspiracy.....

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This sort of thing happens far too often, more than most may realize. Buddhist, Christian, and Jewish archeological sites, monuments, and buildings get destroyed often by Muslims in the Middle East.

For all the love I have for Muslims, my sympathy runs thin when they desire others to cater to their religion and yet persistantly disrespect the religion of others. But on the other hand, these are fundamentalist Islamic regimes, so better should not be expected by them.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well its the Muslims, and also the Chinese government.

So its a tag team of idiocy.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
This sort of thing happens far too often, more than most may realize. Buddhist, Christian, and Jewish archeological sites, monuments, and buildings get destroyed often by Muslims in the Middle East.

For all the love I have for Muslims, my sympathy runs thin when they desire others to cater to their religion and yet persistantly disrespect the religion of others. But on the other hand, these are fundamentalist Islamic regimes, so better should not be expected by them.

Its the Afghan and Chinese goverment planning to do this for economic reasons

Unfortunately lots of archaeological sites get destroyed - which is often unavoidable in places where older civilizations once existed. Salvage archaeology is a booming business
edit on 15/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Unfortunately lots of archaeological sites get destroyed

Archaeologists are usually given a decent chance, even on less important sites.

Experts say destroying the site this early, does not even help the mining operation.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I suppose you're right. I didn't bother reading the article at first. It's just that it's such a shame important historical sites like this have to be destroyed and paved over for the sake of money.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I was around when the last one got blown to bits...sad ..maybe a little c4 next time around at mecca..sorry,but that's just upsetting.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
I was around when the last one got blown to bits...sad ..maybe a little c4 next time around at mecca..sorry,but that's just upsetting.

Its a Chinese mining operation. But you are right that Muslims are half the problem.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The Chinese try to screw over Buddhists any chance they get.

Its politics over the Tibetan issue.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NotReallyASecret

I've been aware of this for a while now.

Just simply turns my stomach. As I've said elsewhere. The destruction of human history is a travesty and due to many factors.

Chief among them is greed.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

If this was a Hindu or Christian site in Afghanistan, this destruction would never happen.

Chinese government really hates Buddhism.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret
reply to post by SLAYER69

If this was a Hindu or Christian site in Afghanistan, this destruction would never happen.
Chinese government really hates Buddhism.
To be honest, the entire region was part of India once
Nevertheless many monuments were destroyed during the taliban rule.
LINK

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
To be honest, the entire region was part of India once

Yes India was like Rome.

In the sense that Indian culture spread from China, to Afghanistan, to South East Asia.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Mecca, Medina and the Great Wall of China should be next on the list to be destroyed.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Mecca, Medina and the Great Wall of China should be next on the list to be destroyed.

The Saudis are doing a good job all by themselves on Medina and Mecca

Destruction of early Islamic history in Arabia

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
TBH

i only clicked this thread because i thought it had something to do with 211212

so now thats

the pyramids
buddhist temple

might explode

will the list grow?
edit on 15-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Well its the Muslims, and also the Chinese government. So its a tag team of idiocy.

Yeah...might as well.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Well its the Muslims, and also the Chinese government. So its a tag team of idiocy.

Yeah...might as well.

Normally my argument would be along the lines of 2 wrongs dont make a right and taking the high ground.. However those 2 positions rely on the ability of the party doing the wrong to actually recognize the act and take actions to correct it.

In this case I dont think the radical side is going to comply with that as they do not see their actions as being wrong. In that case turn about should be fair play.

Maybe its going to take a foreign flag flying over Mecca / Medina along with their religious sites being destroyed in order to get it across their actions are barbaric and belong as much in the 21st century as it did in the 9th century.

What really pisses me off about radical Islam is the lack of denunciation from the normal members of Islam. I dont understand why they sit quietly while watching their religion be defiled.

They need to stand up and be heard... It is the only way the rest of the world is going to start making a distinction between Islam and radical Islam. Absent that realization they have no right to argue about the effects of US actions when they are allowing the action which brings the response.

<<   2 >>

join