It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cow Flatulence Tax

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

As a child, I ate fresh lean ground beef as it came out of the grinder with no ill effect. People die from eating undercooked hamburgers today, shows you how things have changed.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Actually about five years ago I worked at a butcher shop and one of the men there ate raw ground beef. He never got sick from it and did it almost every day.

On another note this tax is crazy.

new and creative ways to reach into the pockets of the people

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

OK, what a crock of bovine feces that is! STOP HURTING OUR FARMS! Well our schools, hospitals and infrastructure as well for that matter. Those are the four things that should never be touched, only invested in. But I guess fake wars and corruption is more profitable.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Originally posted by XLR8R

OK, what a crock of bovine feces that is! STOP HURTING OUR FARMS! ...But I guess fake wars and corruption is more profitable.

Heck no. Corporate agri-business is big bucks! Check out the info on Koch Beef in my OP - and my little rants about my family's small farm posted around.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
someone should invent a low gas feed or a neutralizer

shark tank here we come

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You will see the biogas market increase methane reclamation technology is already here and has been for quite some time.

Farmers would bear the brunt of it, then you would see another increase in livestock reclaimation technology that seperate's solids and slurries.

Power grab yes but as any business or agribusiness owner does is cut costs anyway they can the recliamed gas, and fertizler would be used- the gas for grain dryer as natural gas dryers could easily be used, then along with the innovations in subsurface drip irrigation that fertilizer can be spread throughout a system.

If they can tax it they damn sure will.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
They don't stop no matter what do they?

www.dailymail.co.uk... html

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it

And they've been lying and fleecing people for a very long time.

Sometimes it can be shocking to find out you believe what some special interest wants you to believe based on a narrow vision of reality.

There is a reason they use that selected set of years verses give proper context...no, didn't magically end.

Trust the worldwide consensus of scientists...don't buy into special interest corporate big oil spin.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The solutuon is simple since everyone is opposed to taxes...
Stop breeding soo many cows..people can eat other things. plankton and such. maybe have the forest reclaim some farmland to help the atmosphere, etc.

or wait, are we just moaning that somehow we may have to slightly suffer a tiny bit for the future of our planet?

Its the second thing..isn't it..

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
We live in a world gone totally crazy and have put the crazies in control. If it lives it has gas. Cats, dogs, deer, pigs, cows, goats, humans and even Al Gore. Are they going to stop at cows? No. And is anyone going to admit passing a SBD? Wasn't me; of course not. This literally 'stinks'. Rice paddies produce methane, plants produce methane, waste water treatment facilities produce methane, wetlands and moist environment produce methane. Look at Atmospheric Methane under Wikipedia and you'll know more about methane than you want to know and you'll also know the tax is just that. A way to control us, not help us.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Common sense dictates that a carbon tax on Chinese products would be a huge step toward cleaning up the planet and create jobs in America at the same time. Taxing the poor is just a bad idea.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Oh! Of course it's profitable. I'm not arguing that point at all. But in my parts more and more sanctions are being imposed on farmers making production, of what ever their produce is, less and less profitable. Some need to be reminded that farmers as an integral part of our society.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

...in my parts more and more sanctions are being imposed on farmers making production, of what ever their produce is, less and less profitable. Some need to be reminded that farmers as an integral part of our society.

"Farming" corporations are NOT farmers. Maybe sanctions should only apply beyond a certain 'production level' ??? IE., small farmers do not pay, large operations do.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by butcherguy

Are you advocating a sales tax to consumers, NOT a tax on producers

That is a moot point - I own a dairy farm. I have 100 active head and 30-40 various states of in between producing and freshening. At the 100.00 tax (or whatever) head that would cost me upwards of 10K a year. A hit like that would just be rolled into the cost of overhead and tacked onto the price at the tank. Anyone who drinks milk will just get to enjoy the price increase.

Any tax on goods or production just gets passed onto the consumer. Any person who thinks this is "found income" or a federal boon is delusional.

All people are doing ultimately is to give more of their own money to the government, not someone else’s money.

edit on 16/11/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Ridiculous tax.

Farmers are already behind the 8-ball.

I say leave them alone.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Idiots in government of New Zealand tried this. It was called a fart tax in the media. But the whole country just laughed at them and they decided not to do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join