It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twinkies maker Hostess may liquidate after labor strikes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
I drove by these guys on the picket line in Columbus IN Thursday night.

I wanted to stop the car and get out and tell them "Do you know how hard it is to find a job right now, get back to work, what is the matter with you people?"

There will always be twinkies. Interstate bakeries went out of biz in 2003 in Michigan, we all worried, NO MORE TWINKIES! But , there were twinkies again very soon after.

Probably will be made by nonunion Chinese workers.

That's right Comrade!! Good for you! How dare these people demand a decent wage, working conditions and benefits! Stupid Americans! Be more like the Communist Chinese! Work for the good of the state and stop bellyaching! Bring back the 12 hour day and the 6 day work week at below minimum wage! On second thought do away with the mimimum wage! Work harder American dogs! Kawika, why do you drive a car? Only senior ranking party members should own a car!! Ride a Chinese made bicycle, it will help you loose weight, your probably a fat, out of shape, lazy typical American Capitalist dog. Kawika, you are a traitor to the people and I denounce you for driving in your own car and for not reporting these counter-revolutionaries to your local party boss. Report to your local, KGB/Fusion Center immediately YOU SCOUNDREL, bring a shovel and dress warmly. Chairman MAO FOREVER!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
where are all the union bashers and why arent they commenting on the outrageous pay raises management gave themselves? reminds me of the lady that called obama the n-word, no one on her side came out to denounce her racism and no one on hostess management side is commenting on this either!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
I drove by these guys on the picket line in Columbus IN Thursday night.

I wanted to stop the car and get out and tell them "Do you know how hard it is to find a job right now, get back to work, what is the matter with you people?"

Those people wanted better consideration, they are humans after all, they do have to live
and have a life.

Now we have learned that management gave themselves the consideration.

I suspect the workers actually needed it, not management.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
they are avoiding this thread like the plague!!! how dare the average joe demand a living wage! how dare the average joe demand benefits, pension, insurance! these are things every working man should strive for! dont want these things? move to china!!!!!!! the corporations have!! or we could just give in and work for peanuts and be lucky we have jobs!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Frankly, I'm glad it's over.

When everything fails, push the reset button and make everyone start over.

Lessons learned from both sides I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Meanwhile, here are the salaries of the Baker's Union hot shots:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

those salaries are union salaries they are not salaries given to themselves by a company "facing bankruptcy"..bare in mind the hostess executives voted themselves these salaries. i wonder if they had any guilty conscience voting themselves those salaries (while demanding the union workers take a paycut) as they knew their company was heading down the drain. noooooo but its obamas fault

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join