It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Good morning from Oregon. My friends call me Stussy and I have been meaning to sign up for quite some time now. I see the posts on my Facebook page and frequently want to respond to things but of course I couldn't. I have many interests and enjoy most topics and I'm always interested in a good conspiracy. I look forward to being a member and hope to contribute something to the discussions in the forums. Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Welcome to the family and a whole new level of internet addiction
. Enjoy posting!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Batfink420

Hello! and welcome to the website where you will be taught, challenged with good debating and where you will teach.

I look forward to your future input and perspective on things.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Welcome, from Texas

Glad to have you aboard... I suspect you will love it here. This place is addicting

This place is sort of like Hotel California though
You can check out any time but you can never leave. Well, at least it is for me... But then again, I don't want to leave, anyway.

See you around the board

Feel free to drop me a U2U any time if you have any questions, always happy to help

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Thanks to all,I appreciate it. Can someone tell me what the flags mean? Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
hiya,
welcome aboard!

The flags mean that members feel your post is worth attention. You can't flag your own threads, but other members can. You'll be able to flag other people's threads if you find them deserving of it (it's kind of like a "heads up, cool thread!"). You can retract a flag you've given for a period of time if you change your mind about it.

Stars (not pertinent to intro threads) are when someone agrees with your post in a thread. They are not retractable, and again, you can only give one.

Have fun, I'm glad you've decided to join. As the others said: learn, think, teach, and become an addict. That's pretty much it!

Seeya round!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

@hippie--Loved the hotel California analogy! So true

@ Batfink--

Welcome! And yes, this is a special little corner of the Internet, you never know what you will stumble onto coming in here, every day is something new, which is one reason I think people don't leave!

There is so much to read about, you might want to get comfy, I always come here prepared with coffee, my comfy chair and cigarettes for when things get really interesting!

Enjoy!
Mija

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Hi, thanks so much for the response and the explanations of what the flags mean. Yes there are many topics on this site and I'm not sure where to start. I look forward to getting involved in as much of it as possible.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Welcome to the madness!

And hippie, for future reference, It is "You can LOG OUT any time you want but you can never leave".
The you tube link also helps with the analogy

If there is anything I can help you with, feel free to u2u me. (tools-->message or ribbon at bottom of screen then message)
Enjoy,
Quad

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Try starting with the T&C, then the recent post. You will be a pro in no time

Quad

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the welcomes and the info on figuring out how to do things. I'm sure I'll catch on pretty quick.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use (The complete and end all guide to our policies)

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on this ride with you.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hi there, I'm new too, just wanted to say that your magic number is mine too

enjoy

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hey!! I am new to ATS aswell add me as a friend? ill add you!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Hello

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
And welcome to you (and the other new commenters) -- hop right in and start interacting! You'll be amazed at the things you learn.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for the reply. Other members are helping me out with questions too

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I've already started on some. Thanks for the reply

top topics

<<   2 >>

join