Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Sun was the satellite of another star, that caused the inclination of the Earth's orbit

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
LINK

In the Nature magazine was published an article of a group of scientists from the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, USA, under the leadership of Constantin Batigin, that the inclination of the orbit of the planets was caused by an influence of nearby stars.

Scientists suggest that the inclination of Earth's orbit at 7 ˚ relative to the solar equator is attributable to unknown star-alien .They say hundreds of millions of years ago an alien star passed near the Solar system and its gravitational influence caused the inclination of the Earth and other planets in the Solar system.

According to Konstantin Batigin, most likely there was an another explanation- Sun was a satellite of another star, which caused the inclination of the orbit of the Earth and other planets in the Solar system, after the star had disappeared.

What do you say to this new Hypothesis ?

LINK To Nature.com

edit on 15-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
in before nibiru or in before trolls or hell i'm just in because i enjoy new theory's of our past present and future discoveries.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Plausable. Maybe the cause of Noah's flood.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

According to Josh Winn of MIT, USA, hypothesis of Konstantin Batigin may explain the unusual inclination of massive exoplanets, the so-called "hot Jupiters" that have inclinations of its orbit with a very large angle, relative to the equators of its stars. According to Konstantin Batygin, the nearest star to Earth- Alpha Centauri, with three stars, should have Earth-like planet with an inclination of its orbit

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BELIEVERpriest
Plausable. Maybe the cause of Noah's flood.

Noah's flood is recorded everywhere.

I can't help but see the ice melting at the end of the last ice age (12000 years ago) as being the cause of it.

Plus, the OP says this happened millions of years ago, not within recent history.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I believe in the electric theory of the universe. That would explain how a pole shift could melt the icecaps, and shatter pangea. The electric theory also says the universe isnt quite as old as the quantum theory states. Magnetism dominates electricity and gravity dominates neutral matter.

top topics

join