Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

God’s law versus secular law. Which is moral?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.

So giving women the right to vote, and the right to own land is what you consider immoral? O....k. Bothered to look up how Islam treats women? Go read Sharia, then complain about christianity.

Kthxbai.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Prezbo369

Well just because there are more Catholics in church, does not mean the Catholic dogma on this matter is the default Christian dogma either.

I didn't discuss defaults. You presented a position argued by some Christians as the typical Chrisitan position. It isn't. The actual situation is Christian diversity, contrary to your claim.

Since the Christian you were addressing most directly is Catholic, your confidence in what "seems to be" shows that your experience with a particular kind of argument impeded you from seeing his position as he presented it, regardless of what was actually being said to you.

As they should, but if you've heard that question being directed towards atheists you know exactly what I'm getting at....

Well, you know, it's a funny thing. I'm an agnostic, and I make no secret that I don't believe in any God (as agnostics typically do not believe).

Rarely has any Christian asked me where I get my morals when my disbelief in God comes up, although I debate moral questions regularly online and IRL, and do that with people of all kinds of religious opinion, including fundamentalist Christians.

If we're trading anecdotes, then that's mine. So, if you think I'm going to know exactly what you're talking about, all I can say is that I don't know it from my experience. Then again, maybe agnostics approach believers differently than atheists do, or maybe it's more personal than that, maybe a matter of style or demeanor.

I'm not denying your experience, but I am saying that I don't share it.
-
edit on 13-12-2012 by eight bits because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Greatest I am

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.

So giving women the right to vote, and the right to own land is what you consider immoral? O....k. Bothered to look up how Islam treats women? Go read Sharia, then complain about christianity.

Kthxbai.

Christianity gives me quite enough. You are the kettle calling the Sharia a pot.

www.youtube.com...

Your bible says that man is to rule over women. Quite the equality that and that is why they did not vote till the Sufferance movement that Christians just like you opposed.

Regards
DL

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join