It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Then again a very picky power outage if you ask me, Harry is on RT live right now
RT feed is dead now too tough.
it just may be that they are in the same building.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maestro28
Then again a very picky power outage if you ask me, Harry is on RT live right now
RT feed is dead now too tough.
it just may be that they are in the same building.

RT feed working fine for me aside from no sound. Going on a news talk show or being interviewed, doesn't mean you are necessarily credible. RT and the likes are using this because they don't have any other "sources" on the ground or people willing to talk I would assume. If I were RT or etc, I would also use Harry...just because it saves the time, money and resources of tracking someone down myself.
edit on 17-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maestro28

RT is online

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Harry just said one of his sources told him there WILL be a ground invasion tonight, and HAMAS will punish Israel. Hamas better be praying.
edit on 17-11-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elienne

Originally posted by RogerT3

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Hellas

Although of course, probability speaking, there probably are soldiers who don't believe in Israels right to dispose Hamas from power.

Just as there might be Palestinians in Gaza who don't want to live under Hamas.

Dude, you're at it again (and again and again)

What's up, don't you have the self control to post updates without a dose of "Go Israel, Rah Rah Rah!"

He pointed out something that is probably true. How many people in the Gaza wish that Hamas would go away and let them live peacefully? Just as there are always two points of view everywhere, that would also include the Arabs in Gaza. Nothing wrong with that.

Whether it is probably true or not is irrelevant. It's an opinion. This is an update thread. The post I quoted had nothing to do with news, it was just an anti-hamas/pro-israeli sound-byte. ATS is full of that kind of stuff, this thread is specifically set up to avoid it. Don't Really seems to be struggling to keep his Israel bias in check.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There are roumors spreading around from different sources about a ceasfire being signed in Egypt. They have been denied by Israel, but what worries me is that precisely such roumors would be an expected psychological warfare leading up to a ground invasion.

Heavy bombing of Gaza atm being reported, 3 rockets from Hamas to an Israeli military base.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
Harry just said one of his sources told him there WILL be a ground invasion tonight, and HAMAS will punish Israel. Hamas better be praying.
edit on 17-11-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

And so he said last night and the night before, and the night before that...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Playing with numbers - the IDF

Not technically an update, but i thought still relevant to provide perspective.

For the entire duration of the 2008 Hamas–Israel cease-fire—even after Israel had broken the cease-fire on Nov. 4—not a single person was killed by rocket or mortar fire into Israel. Yet approximately two hours after Israel’s commencement of Operation Cast Lead, one person in Israel was struck and killed by shrapnel from a Qassam rocket. Two days later, three more people were killed in Israel from Gaza rocket and mortar attacks.

And for an entire year before Operation Pillar of Cloud, not a single Israeli was killed by rocket or mortar. Yet approximately sixteen hours after Pillar of Cloud commenced, a rocket from Gaza killed three Israelis.

edit on 17-11-2012 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Interesting analysis in that link...

New intelligence indicates forces in Gaza may be manufacturing long-range rockets locally. If this is the case, a significant ground force offers the Israelis the best chance of finding and neutralizing the factories making these weapons.
---
Israel appears to be positioning itself for a ground operation, perhaps as early as the night of Nov. 17.
---
Primary roads leading to Gaza and running parallel to Sinai have been declared closed military zones. Tanks, armored personnel carriers, self-propelled artillery and troops continue to stream to the border, and many units already appear to be in position.
---
Going in during dark hours allows the IDF to take advantage of its superior night-fighting equipment and training, including the use of night vision goggles and thermal optics.

Seems to me they would not prepare so elaborately if they didn't have further plans to go in.

Hamas recognizes that these long-range rocket attacks have only increased the likelihood and intensity of an Israeli ground incursion. A significant ground force offers the Israelis the best chance of finding and neutralizing the factories making these long-range rockets as well as the shorter-range Qassams. Hamas and the other militants therefore are actively preparing their defenses...
---
Hamas has already announced that its Al Murabiteen units, consisting of five brigades spread across Gaza, will be concentrated in the border region to limit Israeli penetration into the Gaza Strip. Learning from Hezbollah's example in 2006, special units of Hamas are relying heavily on tunnels to maintain communications. Should Israel be drawn into more densely populated areas of Gaza in pursuit of weapons storage and manufacturing facilities, Hamas has also reportedly prepared its suicide bombers, known as Istishadiyeen, to raise the cost for Israel in an urban battle.

Hard to say when it will occur, but this is seeming more and more likely.

www.stratfor.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
For what it's worth, and I'm sure it is worth nothing
I think both sides of the Palestinian/Israel conflict are wrong! We were all thrown on the rock we might as well get along. I think it's stupid for both sides to be fighting over a piece of land, no matter how holy they believe that land to be. I think religion in general is stupid.

OK so any big bombing over night? Anything big happening?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
at this point, i would be more surprised if they didn't go for a Ground Invasion, at least a quick and swift one,

Much obliged and cheers for everyone bringing in updates and news, truly appreciated,

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by badnickname
There are roumors spreading around from different sources about a ceasfire being signed in Egypt. They have been denied by Israel, but what worries me is that precisely such roumors would be an expected psychological warfare leading up to a ground invasion.

Heavy bombing of Gaza atm being reported, 3 rockets from Hamas to an Israeli military base.

Tanks have been lining up for a wile on the border. The Boston Globe has a picture of them on their front page today. If you hurry you can still catch it on their digital print edition for free. Here is a CNN piece published minutes ago RE the alleged ceasefire. Sounds like a smokescreen to me but IDK.

When an invasion starts there will be at least three things happening, not necessarily at the same time: Lots of gunfire, tank fire and yes the dreaded and feared White Phosphorus. The best sign would be gunfire. But nonetheless, Harry has said this every night since he went on air.

edit on 17-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

edit on 17-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The moment of an Israeli airstrike captured (happened sometime today):

Quite an amazing shot..sad but amazing.

edit on 17-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The best indication of a ground offensive is Gaza going dark (power cut) and electronic countermeasures blocking all communications from leaving the area. Gunfire could be anything and nothing.
edit on 17-11-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Holy crap that's a frightening image.

Amazing how different you feel when you see the thing close up.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

I agree.

If Israeli does enter, it would be less perilous to do it under the cover of night.

Right now the moon is only 21%, tomorrow it will be 28%. However, tommorow will be a thunderstorm in Gaza. Bunch of a dark clouds covering the moon. Link

That might be an advantageous time to enter the strip.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
An older tweet:

Land Destroyer @LandDestroyer 8h
#Egypt #Turkey working in lockstep w/ US #Israel & #KSA against #Syria, now suddenly "concerned" over #Gaza? Not likely. Charade. #Palestine

This is my understanding of what's happening in regard to Syria.
Not sure what it all means, if this action in Gaza is part of a bigger plan or some sort of sleight of hand, but I do think all is not what it seems. And the Gazans/Palestinians are getting #ed by all sides.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
HArry says Israel won't accept the truce offered by Egypt or however that was working out. Any links for this yet? Google News front page is still a few minutes behind if this is true

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Holy crap that's a frightening image.

Amazing how different you feel when you see the thing close up.

You mean close up on a screen? Imagine living there...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
With all that is going on, Harry always has time to stop and give himself some self glorification. I think that is what really bugs me most about watching him.

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join