It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Just in from RT twitter feed: RT ‏@RT_com

BREAKING: Unconfirmed reports IDF began artillery shelling into #Gaza from tanks along border - RT @PaulaSlier_RT on.rt.com...

If this is true this makes Bibi no better than Assad.

Israel is not known for their accuracy when it comes to artillery shelling.

If my previous post is true, then those tanks on the border may be in danger as according to that article Gaza now possesses some serious hardware to destroy these tanks.
edit on 11/17/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
'2:30 P.M. Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Qatar's Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, and Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi are holding a meeting in Cairo (Avi Issacharoff)'

www.haaretz.com...

Good or bad news?

Qatar is an Israeli/US puppet, Turkey is neutral, and Egypt for the Palestinians so these talks are probably an attempt at some mediation from regional players.

I am always suspicious of Qatar, while Turkey is hard to read, and Egypt is very transparent in my opinion so this meeting can be considered a good or a bad thing depending what your outlook is.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Same was reported on BBC live feed.

1210: Haaretz has an unconfirmed report saying Hamas is preventing foreign nationals, including 22 journalists, from leaving the Gaza Strip.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

I think RT is also reporting it.

I found this European article thru Topsy.com

Gaza City (dpa) - Hamas was preventing a group of foreign citizens, including at least 22 journalists, from leaving the Gaza Strip, one of the reporters unable to exit said Saturday.

The group, which also includes Turkish nationals working for the Red Crescent, was told by the Hamas-run Interior Ministry they could not cross into Israel.

Israel said it was keeping the Erez crossing point, on the northern border of the Gaza Strip, open.

en.europeonline-magazine.eu

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
Could we even see a false flag on the dome of the rock. So that its destroyed and Solomon's temple can be rebuilt.

This is the worst time for this to happen the whole 2012 thing can even make it worse.

That would cause a war of catastrophic disaster...for everyone.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If Israel was that stupid they would have done that long ago. If any "false flag" was done to the Dome it would be done by the Muslims to make it appear like Israel done it, but I don't think they would do something like that to a place so Holy, which is why nothing has happened to it from either side.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Hijinx

Actually, you would expect bloggers to be more 'trigger happy', in that they are free to say whatever they want and aren't held accountable to anyone,in what they say, while mainstream news sources are by nature forced to take greater responsibility.

Besides, I find his tone and incredible one-sidedness to indicative of his personal views.

Jpost, Haaretz, conservative and liberal Israeli media sources, are far more balanced than a blogger like harry fear could ever be. Even al-jazeera, to my surprise, has thus far made an effort to present the Israeli side, albeit, with not a little bit of irony in the tone of their voices.

You mean like the Israeli government official stating in response to the question why civilians are being targeted and so many children have been killed interviews that no civilians are being target and no children whatsoever had been killed ...

..While video was being shown of civilian casualties and wounded and dead children ariving at hospitals with him picture in picture stating that it has not happened.

Are you really ready to pretend that Israeli bloggers and news is more reliable and two sided ?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
From the BBC live feed:

www.bbc.co.uk

1253: An Israeli government minister has been quoted as saying troops could launch a ground offensive into Gaza within the next 24 hours if rocket fire does not stop before then.

Mohammed Omer tweets: #Israeli F16s bombed the 17th Force and national security HQ in #Gaza city, ambulances on the way now

The timing of a ground offensive lines up with what was being stated yesterday.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Report: Rockets Fired from Egypt Hit Israel

www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Update : Solidarity Protest in Amsterdam for #Gaza

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Harry is reporting various Israeli cities are coming under Palestinian rocket fire.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Incessant rockets pound South as sirens wail

According to Israel Radio, over 60 rockets have fallen on the South on the fourth day of Operation Pillar of Defensive. The Iron Dome rocket defense system intercepted 15 of the rockets.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Any feeds from the Israeli side or are the RT and Reuters feeds the only ones?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

Gaza on the left and Tel Aviv on the right

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Star.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
IDF deploys fifth Iron Dome system near Tel Aviv, months ahead of schedule

This all may be a practice run to check their defences if and when they decide to take on Iran

www.haaretz.com...
edit on 17-11-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Here are some Twitter links if anyone is interested.

Palestinianism - (Seems to be an Independent Blogger)

JonDonnison - BBC Gaza and West Bank Correspondent.

Rushdibbc - #Palestinian journalist based in #Gaza , work for the #BBC

Mogaza - Award winning journalist.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Update :

- 39 Palestinians and 3 Israelis killed since Wednesday

- According to the Hezbollah-affiliated newspaper, a "considerable" amount of long-range missiles have been transferred to Gaza over the past 24 hours.

- Hezbollah and the Iranian Revolutionary Guards have declared a state of alert.

edit on 17-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
Update :

- 39 Palestinians and 3 Israelis killed since Wednesday

- According to the Hezbollah-affiliated newspaper, a "considerable" amount of long-range missiles have been transferred to Gaza over the past 24 hours.

- Hezbollah and the Iranian Revolutionary Guards have declared a state of alert.

I beleive I read reports coming out of Hamas saying they have workshops to make long range rockets. This contradicts that report.

And now looks like a Hezbolla involvement is possible in the near future.
edit on 17/11/12 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

And now looks that a Hezbolla involvement is possible in the near future.

War is spreading Like Wild Fire

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join