Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Gaza OP should continue

While the rocket barrage from Gaza continues, the Gaza operation is legitimate and should continue, said Labor leader Shelly Yacimovich on Saturday.

Three injured in Ashdod

Three people were lightly injured in Ahsdod Saturday afternoon after three Gazan rockets rained down on the Southern town, MDA reported.

Rockets, are currently leaving Gaza on the Reuters live feed as I typed this article.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This is more regional news, but it might have some impact on Egypt's involvement in Gaza.

Dozens Killed When Train Hits School Bus in Egypt

CAIRO (Reuters) - Forty-nine people, mostly children, were killed when a train slammed into a school bus as it crossed tracks in a city south of Cairo on Saturday, state media and officials said.

All but two of the dead were children, aged around four to eight, said a senior security official in Assiut, near the site. One woman and a man, probably the bus driver, also died, he added.
nytimes.com

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Calling it a night, will follow up if I can.

Thanks for the company and the sharing!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Holy crap okay, here's one for all you Warmongers.
Iran calls upon muslim world to strike back at israel

Islamic countries must close ranks and respond to Israel's deadly attacks on the Gaza Strip, Iran's Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi said on Saturday. "Putting an end to the Zionist regime's crimes is only possible through a united, revolutionary retaliation by the Muslim world," Vahidi said in remarks carried by the official IRNA news agency.

This Article made me go straight cold, Although I agree the aggression needs to be stopped this has WW3 written all over it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I just woke up, any significant updates?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Quite a few developments since yesterday night, we can see the beginning stages of land invasion. And as mentioned the Iranian and Egyption involvements needs to be monitored.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
IDF to Increase strikes..

IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Benny Gantz instructed the military on Saturday afternoon to increase the rate of strikes on terrorist cells, among them rocket launching squads.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Oh, Brother. It's getting serious now. Some really awful turns it seems.

I posted an Article worth reading 4 posts up. Really, has me worried.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
BBC News 24 now reporting civilian casualties within Gaza.

Also showed footages of Merkava tanks being moved to the border.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Thoughts and prayers are with our brothers and sisters in the Middle East. I have to get some sleep. Thank you to all that have contributed, I will check back later on during the day.

Good night ATS, keep up the good work.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by asen_y2k

Oh, Brother. It's getting serious now. Some really awful turns it seems.

I posted an Article worth reading 4 posts up. Really, has me worried.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

If Iran asked for retaliation we can expect something from Hezbolla which is de facto under Irans control. The Lebanese border must be kept an eye on.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

See you Hijinx. Have a good night.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
This is more regional news, but it might have some impact on Egypt's involvement in Gaza.

Dozens Killed When Train Hits School Bus in Egypt

CAIRO (Reuters) - Forty-nine people, mostly children, were killed when a train slammed into a school bus as it crossed tracks in a city south of Cairo on Saturday, state media and officials said.

All but two of the dead were children, aged around four to eight, said a senior security official in Assiut, near the site. One woman and a man, probably the bus driver, also died, he added.
nytimes.com

The very first thing I thought when I saw this on BBC this morning was 'That's a bit of a coincidence then, Egypt sends their PM over and this happens. That's some serious warning to stay out of it'.

I've been on this site waaaay too long.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Explosion/s on the outskirts visible on both Reuters and RT live feed.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think they have deployed a smoke screen on the reuters.livestation.com... feed

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

That is a very interesting update, and a related link from the story says:

Arms Smuggling Fajr missile launched from Gaza Fajr missile launched from Gaza Report in Lebanon: Long-range missiles smuggled into Gaza

According to the Hezbollah-affiliated newspaper, a "considerable" amount of long-range missiles have been transferred to Gaza over the past 24 hours.

Al-Akhbar also said Hezbollah and the Iranian Revolutionary Guards have declared a state of alert. The report said the units that have been mainly include those that are in charge of arms smuggling from Syria, Lebanon, Iran and Sudan to Gaza. The weapons pass from Iranian and Syrian ports to Sudan, from which there they are transported to Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, and from there to Gaza.

It appears that the Gazans have not been abandoned by their fellow Muslims/Arabs as other people have mentioned, and if Egypt takes a similar stance then it appears the Gazans may finally be able to defend themselves. A ground invasion by Israel would be a suicide mission if Egypt decides to open up it's border unless Israel is willing to turn this into an all out regional conflict and block the Egyptian border crossing into Gaza.

Wow this is depressing to wake up to.

Gaza will be in ruins once this is all said and done and maybe the whole ME, Israel will even be decimated if this happens, a very sad state of affairs.

Also from the link:

It was further reported that Grad rockets, as well as Kornet anti-tank missiles used by Palestinian terrorists to attack armored IDF vehicles, were transferred to Gaza by the regime in Damascus.

They try and make it sound as if Gaza does not possess the right to protect itself from the invasion.

Throwing the terrorist word doesn't work so well when both sides are using terrorism. I for one hope Israel reconsiders their plans, once they step foott in Gaza it will get very bloody for both sides.

edit on 11/17/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
My greatest fear in this regard is that we know Israel will use nukes once they are backed into a corner. They could leave the oil fields of the mid east a wasteland, imagine the price of oil if that happens. Not to mention all the other things that will come from that.

Its called a tinderbox for a reason. And this really does now seem, like the spark.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Could we even see a false flag on the dome of the rock. So that its destroyed and Solomon's temple can be rebuilt.

This is the worst time for this to happen the whole 2012 thing can even make it worse.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This is an unconfirmed report, but if true is troubling.

Hamas prevents foreign nationals, including 22 journalists, from leaving Gaza Strip, report says (DPA)

www.haaretz .com - It is the 1:52pm update.

I believe DPA is a German news agency.

Has anyone else seen this information?
edit on 17-11-2012 by OneisOne because: need more coffee

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
'2:30 P.M. Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Qatar's Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, and Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi are holding a meeting in Cairo (Avi Issacharoff)'

www.haaretz.com...

Good or bad news?

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join