It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I thought this was supposed to be an unbiased update thread...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
IAF kills 11 terrorists

Ground invasion will only escalate conflict

Gaza strikes/motives

Hamas military leader Ahmad Jabari was killed in an Israeli attack in Gaza After Jabari's killing, Israel carried out barrage of airstrikes on Gaza Dozens of rockets have been fired at Israel from Gaza since Wednesday Israel: military operation meant to stop Gaza rockets US says Israel has the right to defend itself against attacks Israeli army says its defence system has intercepted dozens of rockets Egypt recalled its ambassador to Israel because of the Gaza attacks Egypt wants an emergency meeting with the Arab League to discuss the attacks Netanyahu: Israeli army is prepared to widen military operation in Gaza Israel's ambassador to Egypt left Cairo on Wednesday night US president barack Obama spoke to leaders of Israel and Egypt about the Gaza violence Obama urged Netanyahu to make every effort to avoid civilian casualties

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Reuters is live, with active airstrikes...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Update on al-Shifa hospital report: found one link/source but it's not MSM, and I believe biased in Palestinian favour. Will be scouring high and low on the net to see what Harry thought was credible reports in this regard.

english.farsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Thanks for the heads up

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I haven't logged into ATS in a long time but have stayed a daily reader and I just wanted to say thanks to the OP and those posting updates for this awesome thread. It makes it so much easier to stay up to date on this topic close to my heart without having to wade through all the biased nonsense out there already.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Israeli army closes roads

USA Today article covering Saturdays events

Israel steps up Air strikes while troops assemble

While Israeli officials maintained that they did not seek war, the intent to send a loud warning to Hamas was evident. By nightfall Friday, the Israeli military said it had closed three roads leading to Gaza, in a further sign of a possible ground invasion, and a spokesman said paratroopers and infantry soldiers were in southern Israel awaiting orders from political leaders.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'll second that.....Great thread, cheers OP.

BBC coverage seems a bit biased as usual.....Video links with those expressing pro-Palestinian opinions seem to be much more prone to sudden failure than links to those with pro-Israeli sentiments.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Israel has now deployed a 5th Iron Dome battery outside of Tel Aviv.

dailystar.com.lb

JERUSALEM: The Israeli military rushed a fifth Iron Dome anti-missile battery into service on Saturday and deployed it in the Tel Aviv area, the army said, underscoring concerns over the range of Palestinian rockets.

Islamist militants in the Gaza Strip have fired three rockets at Tel Aviv in the past 48 hours. No one was injured and no damage was reported, but the fact that Israel's commercial capital is in the firing line has alarmed many Israelis.

The fifth Iron Dome was not scheduled to come into service until early 2013.

The article also states that the Iron Dome missiles only fire when it calculates the in-coming rocket will land in a built up area.

I believe I read yesterday that this one is designed to better target long range rockets. I'm trying to find that link now. Found it.
edit on 17-11-2012 by OneisOne because: add link

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Gaza Update: Deaths and Injuries

Dr. Ashraf Al-Qedra, from Al-Shifa Hospital advised the following in a Press release: “The latest death toll is 39 Deaths (5 are children under the age of 2 years) and 340 injuries, 80% of them are civilians. Palestinian hospitals are now suffering from a lack of medicine and medical supplies. Gazans are asked to donate blood, and to volunteer to help with nursing. Israel is using chemical and perhaps biological weapons in Gaza, we saw shrapnel with toxic properties in the bodies of injured and dead children and there are strange smells in the air.”

I'm wondering, how can I find these press releases??

Sorry guys, trying to help follow up on something but alas I'm finding brick walls. Google appears to not like me.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JakeB

I thought this was supposed to be an unbiased update thread...

The information I provided was unbiased. My post was removed but the information remains fact.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
IIran Protests Israeli offensive

TEHRAN: Demonstrations against Israel's military action in Gaza and in support of Palestinians took place in Tehran and 700 other Iranian cities after Friday Muslim prayers, news agency ISNA said.

Obama talks with Turkish prime minister.

"The two leaders shared their concerns about the dangers to civilian populations on both sides and expressed their common desire to see an end to the violence. The President and Prime Minister agreed that the continued spiral of violence jeopardizes prospects for a durable, lasting peace in the region. The President underscored his commitment to advancing the goal of Middle East peace. The President’s call to Prime Minister Erdogan follows his outreach to counterparts in Israel and Egypt on November 14."

JAK

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Please note the title of the thread:

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

There are many who appreciated the intent of this thread and there are numerous other threads where anyone can offer further comment and opinion on unfolding events.

Anything other than sourced updates holds the potential for consideration as being off topic and removed as such.
edit on 17/11/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Can anyone post the alternative media sources, like for example Harryfear..
If we could have a rough list, it would help to follow..

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Here's Harry Fears Live stream.

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Harry streaming now giving updates (goes silent from time to time, switching cams etc)
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Irish Citizen reports from Gaza city hospital

"The situation is intensifying here in the Gaza Strip, with constant waves of Israeli airstrikes and fears of a ground invasion. Having visited Al Shifa Hospital in Gaza City, I can confirm that Palestinian civilians, including women and children, are bearing the brunt of these disproportionate and indiscriminate attacks. Israel is, once again, violating its obligations under international humanitarian and human rights law. The international community must intervene to put an end to these attacks and defend the rights of the people of Gaza."

No safe haven for Gazans

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Reuters live stream

For those just tuning in the link is above, and for those following the feed is online once more.

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join