It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

True, thats what makes me believe its starting to wind down

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by JakeB

Well, I hope not. Turkey, Iran and Egypt have condemned it.

Yep, and Israel is on the move...I'd be willing to bet they will try to systematically remove Hamas with a full on ground invasion. The real question is, will Egypt, Iran, Turkey, and others intervene on behalf of the Palestinian people? If they do we may be seeing an escalation that could rapidly spiral out of control...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

omg as if Egypt have any right to have an opinion, especially after their civil chaos/carnage. What a joke.

I lmao when I read Egypt PM was going in to negotiate. sheesh, their own Government is in mayhem and fragile and they offer advice?

No thx

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

At 8:33 AM Israeli time (about a little over an hour ago), 14 rockets were shot at Bnei Shimon from Gaza.

Link

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I'm glad Israeli news is posting the Israeli side of things. I have bookmarked Al Jazeera and will refer to it as well as the 7 other Western News sources I'm using.

If Harry is not in Gaza I can understand your views, but he is there as far as I know.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

If you've read any of the past pages I posted that, but thanks for contributing. Those of us participating are trying to post any and all information we can find on the issue at hand.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Hijinx

At 8:33 AM Israeli time (about a little over an hour ago), 14 rockets were shot at Bnei Shimon from Gaza.

Link

No injuries or damage were reported.

always the same outcome..its so obvious Gaza has only home made toys...it so unbalanced and they are even sieged with no where to go...this cannot be accepted in modern days..the World must wake up and act

Latest Hamas Rocket research
edit on 17-11-2012 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by JakeB

Well, I hope not. Turkey, Iran and Egypt have condemned it.

Yep, and Israel is on the move...I'd be willing to bet they will try to systematically remove Hamas with a full on ground invasion. The real question is, will Egypt, Iran, Turkey, and others intervene on behalf of the Palestinian people? If they do we may be seeing an escalation that could rapidly spiral out of control...

This sums up my opinion thus far. Israel is going to go for the throat, and destroy as much of Hamas' capabilities and infrastructure as they can. They will be brutal and relentless in doing so. Personally, I don't blame them.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I honestly don't blame them either, the world will condemn them but eventually you have to take the gloves off to end this conflict.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

reply to post by Hijinx

Link

No injuries or damage were reported.

always the same outcome..its so obvious Gaza has only home made toys...it so unbalanced and they are even sieged with no where to go...this cannot be accepted in modern days..the World must wake up and act

They are far from home made, as other posters in this thread have pointed out. Hamas managed to hit Jerusalem with a rocket yesterday, which indicates they have foreign support. Anyone who thinks Iran isn't supporting Hamas is ignorant to the facts.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

That's what were all thinking, or at least those who understand the political dynamics of the region.

I really think there is no real 'bravado' in Israel calling up 75,000 troops. I can't see for what strategic effect against Hamas, or even Egypt/Iran, that this would have. Rather, the strikes on PM Haniyehs home and his offices in north Gaza seem to indicate that Israel is taking this to the bank; they want Hamas removed from power.

Which, of course, as you said, brings Egypt into the equation. Not yet, of course. I imagine Egypt won't intervene until a ground invasion begins and Hamas manages to entice IDF soldiers to kill enough women and children. Then, Egypt will have their pretext.

That does seem to be the only natural progression to this conflict. The only way the IDF can avoid such a scuffle, is to either a) not embark on a ground invasion, b) somehow manage to not kill "non-combatants", which deserves to be put in quotations, since so many of these "non-combatants" are out on the street marching with Hamas militants.

You don't see this zealousness anywhere else. It's no coincidence that Hamas in Arabic means "zeal" - their people are hopped up on it, absolutely zany to the point of self sacrifice.

This battle to them is far more than 'liberation'. Israel could annex the west bank and give them all their hearts desires. They want Israel gone; they want Jews killed, or kicked out of "Palestine"; and they will kill/kick out the secularist fatah, and if all goes according to their grisly vision, establish their Islamic state with it's capital in Jerusalem.
edit on 17-11-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

mortars, qassams, grads, upgraded grads and fajr -5's are not 'toys'.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

so are you suggesting this war is balanced and fair?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

so are you suggesting this war is balanced and fair?

This isn't the place for this. Just updates in this thread. But if you'd like to discuss the issue of "fairness" in a war, I'd be happy to do so elsewhere with you.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I'm saying fajr 5s aren't toys as you described them to be.

We also don't measure justice by the quality of weaponry each side has.

I can be a totally unjust bastard with a mere knife in hand. Whereas police have guns, tasers.

link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

you are correct..its not the place

link   

In terms of military might it may not be "balanced and fair" but its not like Hamas isn't asking for it

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
People who'd like to discuss the issue Heineken brought up can do so here, in his/her thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakeB

In terms of military might it may not be "balanced and fair" but its not like Hamas isn't asking for it

using all the might of your brain dont you think that in order for something to push you to attack such a greater enemy...must be something really strong..like being sieged for decades with no where to go like a cornered rat?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Pakistan condemns Israeli Airstrikes

Pakistan has denounced the recent wave of Israeli air strikes on the Gaza Strip, and vowed to stand by Palestinians in the latest escalation with the Tel Aviv regime.

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join