It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Well that's interesting.. I wonder if they're taking the feeds offline in preparation for military movement.
edit on 11/16/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

So, these "feeds" are by satellite link? The same link?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Did anyone manage to capture anything in regards to the Reuters feed going down? Pics? Videos?

link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by DragonFire1024

So, these "feeds" are by satellite link? The same link?

That I could not tell you.

link   
reply to post by intrptr

The IDF operates Humvees that used to be employed with U.S. forces.

Israel is reportedly in the process of acquiring military equipment and vehicles being decommissioned after use in Iraq and Afghanistan. The US withdrawal appears to be worrying Israel; Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said his country is potentially facing its toughest challenge in a decade because of what he called a "new situation" in Iraq. The Israel Defence Forces believes it needs the 2,500 Humvees that the US is phasing out.

edit on 16-11-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
Yup - that's about as perfect an example of "pulling the plug" as you'll ever see

I'm unconvinced it was an effort to shut down the feed itself. That particular feed had been broadcasting a very strange high pitched electronic frequency intermittently for a number of hours. My first impressions on hearing the sound was that there was a jamming signal being broadcast from that location.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Something that thy might have seen there in that position if they stayed there any longer? Dunno...

No screen captures. Too bad too. Them guys was serious. Maybe intel?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

Jpost rocket attack update.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Did anyone manage to capture anything in regards to the Reuters feed going down? Pics? Videos?

yes please anyone have anything? I was watching , but didn't get to grab it

link   

Originally posted by dedpope

Same here...was too busy tweeting as I saw what was happening...and posting here.

link   
What's the red dot on the RT feed? Mud?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
just saw this on twitter; no links, just a comment:

13 m: Cam ‏@IncFilmix
Apparently Israeli military border patrols just went through #Gaza gate and tanks are 1 km behind #groundtroops

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Just heard on FOX news radio that IDF said "no cease fire unless HAMAS begs for it", so the news guy said after that "well looks like things are going to esculate from here on", .

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dedpope

No screen shots on my end, but I saw the whole thing. The camera captured a convoy drive past, then roll up on their location, and IDF soldiers get out of their vehicles and approach the house. The feed went down shortly after. But as I stated in a previous post, there was a strange high pitched electronic sound being broadcast from that particular feed (you can go back and look at people complaining about the "beeping" sound). This seemed like a jamming frequency being broadcast to me (though obviously that is merely conjecture).

link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

The worrying part about all present actions in and across the Middle East is the way in which All Media of the said Western World, are apparently being clamped down under Wartime Propaganda Rules - as used for instance by the BBC during WW2. We may learn a few minor details, but 10:1 the Truth will not emerge until things have gone too far.

link   

That particular feed had been broadcasting a very strange high pitched electronic frequency intermittently for a number of hours. My first impressions on hearing the sound was that there was a jamming signal being broadcast from that location.

Broadcasting? Or interference on an open handheld radio channel? Maybe they were being "painted" by eavesdropping radar to locate or verify the source of the broadcast signal and a radio the Reuters group had picked up on it?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

That particular feed had been broadcasting a very strange high pitched electronic frequency intermittently for a number of hours. My first impressions on hearing the sound was that there was a jamming signal being broadcast from that location.

Broadcasting? Or interference on an open handheld radio channel? Maybe they were being "painted" by eavesdropping radar to locate or verify the source of the broadcast signal and a radio the Reuters group had picked up on it?

That is also a possibility.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
RT just tweeted this RT tweet

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
BTW, sorry about short posts but following alot at one time

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
While i was watching the reuters feed i heard one truck pull up behind the camera, then about ten seconds later it sounded like two or three more had arrived. The camera panned to the right to a vehicle where it appeared three or four people exited and started to approach the camera crew. They appeared to be military personnel with rifles. The camera panned back to the city for about two minutes and then it panned 180 to show the (i think 50 cal) gun on the humvee. Then the feed went down.

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join