It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

You can run the article thru Google Translate

If you put in the URL it should translate it. Also if you are using Google Chrome, there is an extension that will auto translate.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

That is how real news works, the journalist needs to be the trustworthy source not the information they share.
What good is a journalists with false or bad information? So real news is trustworthy if you "think" the person reporting it is?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

SPJ Code of Ethics

Preamble Members of the Society of Professional Journalists believe that public enlightenment is the forerunner of justice and the foundation of democracy. The duty of the journalist is to further those ends by seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues. Conscientious journalists from all media and specialties strive to serve the public with thoroughness and honesty. Professional integrity is the cornerstone of a journalist's credibility. Members of the Society share a dedication to ethical behavior and adopt this code to declare the Society's principles and standards of practice.

— Identify sources whenever feasible. The public is entitled to as much information as possible on sources' reliability. — Always question sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Clarify conditions attached to any promise made in exchange for information. Keep promises.

www.spj.org...

"Hamas states no truce will be reached soon, according to Hamas." Harry Fear...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k

Many news channels took interviews from him, RT, AJ etc. I guess they atleast confirmed the basics.
How do we know they are not paying him and telling him what to say? They could be the exact people behind him giving him credence. RT is funded by the Russian Government, they would NEVER lie now would they?
edit on 16-11-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Abu Obeida, spokesman for the Hamas militant wing, said the group had fired a long-range rocket at Jerusalem.

"We are sending a short and simple message: There is no security for any Zionist on any single inch of Palestine and we plan more surprises," he said. Hamas officials said the rocket was a homemade "M-75" rocket, a weapon that has never been fired before.

The Israeli military offensive has been limited to airstrikes so far, but the military has called up 16,000 reservists ahead of possible Gaza invasion. Troops were seen massing near the border. The government has also increased the cap for reservists from 30,000 to 75,000.

www.cbc.ca...

From a linked request via Harry Fear

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well done guys to those who have stayed on topic and kept the biase for either side out of the thread and reported purely on the events as they come to hand.

Ive been trying to catch up on 20 odd pages since last on.

Has anyone heard anything more on a road opening up to allow those who wish to escape a way to do so?,this needs to happen especially with the ground offensive gearing up.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I asked him 2 times on twitter about the Israeli pilots and he hasn't even bothered to respond. I mean if he is going to make claims like that he needs to back them up with some kind of physical evidence like a link or 2.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

Please take your rhetoric to the other thread where it would be very much welcomed. Not being rude just limited on time spent on line right now and need Gaza info only.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

In journalism it is not always safe to give up your sources especially in wartime. Thats the bottom line, so if you find a voice that you sense you can trust, listen. Otherwise there is always msm.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

He is not running a thread or a discussion board. He is an independent, he relies on people.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

He is not running a thread or a discussion board. He is an independent, he relies on people.

I get that...but he doesn't or rather really hasn't backed up most of what he has said with any evidence. All i have seen and heard is his word. And based on his bias, that isn't good enough.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This was posted before but overlooked I think:

Anonymous ramps up its involvement.

Anonymous deletes the bank of Jerusalem's Database

twitter.com...

663(and counting) defaced Israeli websites:
pastebin... .com/Ms4nJSZx (remove space)

edit on 16-11-2012 by Shadowcast because: Fixed link.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Shadowcast because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowcast

Whattttttttttttttt now that is intense!!!!

wish they'd give me all that money! lol

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

ITA that is why I can't watch him, he says things then provides nothing. I understand he is getting is info from people on the ground there, but I haven't been able to confirm many of the things he's said.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

They just posted this..

YourAnonNews: Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs database has been deleted | mashav.mfa.gov.il... | #OpIsrael dlvr.it...

link   
reply to post by Shadowcast

Yep, another database went down...
Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs
mashav.mfa.gov.il

@Hellas beat me to it, nice job

edit on 16-11-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

ITA that is why I can't watch him, he says things then provides nothing. I understand he is getting is info from people on the ground there, but I haven't been able to confirm many of the things he's said.

And for someone who is supposed to be "reporting" on Gaza, He sure has done a lot to avoid actually doing any field reporting. It aggravates me so much because a freelance writer, you can bet I would be out there in the field any chance I got. I would definitely not want to spend my time in front of the PC talking about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Current known list of the dead since the 14th.

List of the martyrs:

1-Walid Abadlah, 2 years
2-Marwan Abu Al-Qumsan, 52
3- Ramai Hamamd
4- Khalid Abu Al-Naser
5- Habes Mesbeh, 30
6-Wael Al-Ghalban
7- Hicham Al-Ghalban
8- Ahmad Al-Jaabari, 52, Hamas top military commander
9-Mohamamd Al-Hams
10- Ranan Arafat, 5
11-Essam Abu El-Mazzah, 20
12-Hani Al-Kaseeh, 18
13- Ahmad Al-Masharawi, 11 months old
14- Hiba Al-Masharwai, 19
15- Mahmaoud Sawaween, 65
16- Hanin Tafesh 10 months baby girl,
17- Faris Basyouni
18- Tareq Jamal Nasser
19-Oday Jamal Nasser
20- Marwan Abu El Qumsan
21- Ahmad Abu Jalal
22- Ziad Abu Jalal
23- Amjad Abu Jalal
24- Hasan Hamileh
25- Ayman Saleem
26- Khaled Khalil Shayer, 27 years old
27- Walid Abadleh, 4 years old
28- Hasan Hulei, 27 years old
29- Mahmoud Sa’ad-Allah, 2 years old
30- Ismail Qandil

www.palestinemonitor.org...

A great link to check out.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
He keeps saying it's gotten quieter, despite the fact there have been several airstrikes since he's said that (more than a few times). If there were any Israeli soldiers captured, I doubt they would be getting "quieter." Besides I can still hear the drones.

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join