It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Please stay on the intent of the topic... events only as they occur.

One can speculate (etc.) on the other thread

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by DragonFire1024

You think most Gaza citizens would go for that? Not likely. They don't want Israeli citizenship. As far as they are concerned, Palestine is it's own country and Israel is invading it and assassinating a legally elected government. It takes two to tango...Israel shouldn't be demolishing Palestinian homes etc. Though with that said, I do not condone the violence on either side.

Well, than were in a quagmire.

Hamas doesn't acknowledge Israel's right to exist. Palestinians are subjected to the most vitriolic antisemitism since the Nazi era.

Israeli's cannot go on like this. Hamas may have been 'democratically' elected, but they are a totalitarian regime, they control all information within Gaza, and so mold a Palestinian mentality that makes coexisting with Israelis entirely impossible.

Thus, the only humanitarian solution that benefits both sides (both Jews and Arabs) is a ground campaign to get rid of Hamas, and then annexation of Gaza. Deprogramming Gazans of the filth they have been indoctrinated to believe about Jews, Israel, etc, will then follow.

It's either you embrace the status quo, a status which benefits the Islamists and hurts Israelis, or, you understand that Israel's annexation of Gaza is the only viable step towards solving the humanitarian crisis in Gaza. How Palestinians feel about it is inconsequential. What they want is Israels destruction, a desire that does not sit well with Israelis, as you can probably understand. Hence, the lies and filth they have been taught - lies that are amply documented by PMW.org, will open Palestinians up to the false paradigm they have been born into.

I don't disagree with you in the slightest. But Palestinians have been fighting for their freedom for who knows exactly how long. Even if Israel does succeed at wiping out most of Hamas and reoccupying Gaza, that will only spawn more violence and more Hamas like groups.

I guess given Israel's history, you would think they would understand more than any other country on earth just what genocide and mass murder is like and would go at greater lengths to work out a compromise. I guess I gave them too much credit for thinking they were smarter than that.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Just think we may all be on live feed as Christ returns.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
ONtv has a live Gaza feed. But is it me or is the audio really really really low...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Just think we may all be on live feed as Christ returns.

Still just a little over a month to consider that possibility

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Israeli captured as hostage to the Hamas resistance, could be one of the 2 downed pilots.

(This is huge, could be the pivotal point in this confrontation.)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the link:

www.livestream.com...

link   

Yeah I can't hear anything on that one either

link   
reply to post by antar

Any other confirmation of this other than from Harry?

link   

Originally posted by antar
Israeli hostage captured by Hamas resistance group, could be the surviving Pilot! At least 1.

You have a link for that info? I've been searching all over the place for that F16 shoot down (from a good agency)and noone found.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Its the same feed as RT. none have sound, but RT quality is better.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Israel has struck 5 different areas including Rafa. One mosque.
edit on 16-11-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Israeli captured as hostage to the Hamas resistance, could be one of the 2 downed pilots.

This would guarantee a ground invasion if true. Any confirmation of this news yet, from other sources, especially Israeli?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
Seems to have gone quiet. No rockets hitting Israel for a while (not reported anyway) and rumors swirling around Twitter that an Egyptian brokered cease-sire may be imminent. It's either the calm before the storm....or Israel has decided to pull itself back from the brink.

I'm seeing reports about cease-fire talks too. I also saw a report this morning that Israel would give it another 24-36 hours before a ground invasion hoping for a de-escalation.

link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Israeli hostage captured by Hamas resistance group, could be the surviving Pilot! At least 1.

You have a link for that info? I've been searching all over the place for that F16 shoot down (from a good agency)and noone found.

Wasn't it a false information ?
It was a picture of a Mig, I think..

link   
To back up what Harry is reporting about 75,000 troops:

Reported by rt on this feed:

Israel-Hamas 'Open War': LIVE UPDATES: rt.com...

Nov. 16, 17:47 GMT: Israeli Defense Minister approves expansion of draft to more than 75,000 army reservists; request was transferred to the approval of the government, reports Channel 2.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here is a better link for the ONtv live feed of Gaza, hosted on YouTube. The volume is still very low, but the quality of picture is much better. In my opinion Livestream.com started to really suck right about the time in 2009 when this happened last.

link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k

This would guarantee a ground invasion if true. Any confirmation of this news yet, from other sources, especially Israeli?

So far it's word of mouth based on just hamas..

link   

Israel has struck 5 different areas including Rafa. One mosque.
edit on 16-11-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

Could you include your source for this and for the captured "pilot"?
It is fine if it is just from Harry, but I want to know if others are confirming this.
Harry is as pro-Palestine as Fox news is pro Republican.
Not saying he isn't telling the truth...but still...I would like more confirmation from another source.

"dungeons"?
edit on 16-11-2012 by Res Ipsa because: Harry is getting more and more a part of the story than reporting it

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

No sound for me

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join