It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by AgentX09

Israel intends to oust Hamas. This seems fairly likely with that increase to 75,000 troops.

I'm not sure how Israel will go about doing this in terms of methodology, but I imagine they will enter from the north and just sweep the entire strip of Hamas. And since ridding Hamas means long term occupation, it also means big-time international condemnation in the interim. However, this seems to be the only moral way forward for both Israelis and the Palestinians. Once Hamas is removed, the blockade can be removed, and life in Gaza can be more fully normalized with Israeli Arab life in general.

What worries me is Israels ability to fight Hamas without allowing Hamas bait them into responding to gunfire or rocket attacks in residential areas. This is how I imagine the devil would carry out battle. He attacks you, and then hides behind innocents so as to force you to kill innocents in the process of trying to kill him. And then the other devil can claim in his online twitter feeds "5 children killed" etc.

The moral and just solution is not to just 'ignore' Hamas, and permit them to carry on doing what they've been doing, terrorizing Israelis with daily rocket attacks and interrupting daily life. Sad to say, Israel needs to bite the bullet and take their chances, but, to do so with as much circumspection possible so as to show the world that they are making an an honest and determined effort to avoid killing non-combatants.

They can wipe out what they see of Hamas, but they aren't just exclusive to Gaza. It's like the US war on terror...no matter how hard you try, you will never be able to wipe out all the "terrorists" and kill all the bad guys. That would only happen in a perfect world and this planet is anything but that.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Israel is far more powerful and much less endangered than Hamas but it plays the victim role far better than Hamas

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Welcome back DF, we have done everything we could to keep this thread as intended and the discussion to minimum. Mods have been monitoring and we have picked up a few new members on the site today due to our relentless coverage of the heated situation between Israel and Palestine.

4 Women, 7 children, 3 elderly people, 300 injured+ since the 14th.

What a shame. At least there isn't a ground invasion yet. I fear once that happens Israel will just sweep Gaza from one end to the other and probably won't leave this time. Most feeds have gone dead. RT still has theirs up but the audio feed is malfunctioning and all you hear is beep beep beep...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Every area of the Gaza strip has been targeted.

Any links to video footage? Live coverage?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I'm not pro/con for this video just posting it as an update it was just tweeted to me from IDF

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Every area of the Gaza strip has been targeted.

Any links to video footage? Live coverage?

Just the feed from RT which has that annoying beeping...though I have not searched high and low for feeds yet this afternoon.
edit on 16-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dedpope

It is always going to become a problem in our immature social networking era, not always intentional you know? This is an emotional time for both sides, no family wants to live in a bunker or bomb shelter.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Got this one, too!

www.livestream.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Does anyone have a live feed I can check out? CNN is talking about twinkles and the other channels about fiscal cliff and other stuff.'

Nevermind links were posted as I was writing my post.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Rocketgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I have seen NOTHING like you brought to the forum last night. Please take a minute a search for us, we will continue to post it for those just checking in.
Thank you.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hi everybody..OP here
just wanted to say that I see the start of the end of this thread

Please, I know its hard to keep it to just UPDATES and too suppress your own thoughts on the subject.

Listen I don´t wan´t to be a thread police, and I started this thread with the hopes of this just being a thread where we would post a news, an update, a tips and in the lines of that,...Like, post a tip that someone died, not your opinion what you think about that that particularu person got killed.

I know it´s hard, and I have no rights to say what you are allowed to and not, BUT, there allready is a couple of threads where you can argue. and please, can´t we just try to behave and be civilised?

I think that all of you are doing a great job on keeping us up to date with the lates information about this conflict, I am really glad to see that this thread has grown to this from my little opening post and that peopl has come togheter here on ATS to bring fourth the latest news.

Keep it up, and please, think about the tittle of this thread before you post!

peace

link   
There is also Harry's "feed." I don't really like to promote his "feed" because we never see anything other than himself. I just don't like his approach to "reporting" though I would love to be in the field there with him.

link   

If I'm reading internet reports correctly, the lack of live feed is a combo of loss of power and/or internet.

I know when the Reuters feed went down earlier it was an internet problem.
edit on 16-11-2012 by OneisOne because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Give us a minute, seems many of the live feeds have gone offline from time to time, we have heard GPS is even being used to target them, so yes it is dangerous to film but it is out there and we will bring it to the forum.
edit on 16-11-2012 by antar because: ommitted a word.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dedpope

I'm not pro/con for this video just posting it as an update it was just tweeted to me from IDF

It is hard to know the truth because of so much propaganda, yes people on both sides die, but also they fake incidents.

pray for peace.
edit on 023030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Harry was just giving a phone interview to a Quebec, Canada newspaper, and he said that the ground invasion has NOT been confirmed at this time, though there have been many rumours.

He is back reporting now.

edit on 16-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you so much and to everyone who are posting these feeds. I mean I don't mind getting updates from MSM. But I prefer to come on here to find out what's going on.

Right now the livestream feed is running.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Rocketgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I completely agree. And Israel is already likely taking that into regard.

The reason why Hamas came into power in Gaza was because Islamist Palestinians managed to get the upper hand on secularist Palestinians.

The solution is not to just 'sweep' and then leave. That would be frivolous; Hamas would simply regenerate themselves, especially with the Muslim Brotherhood to the south. Instead, it is my opinion that Israel is intending long term military occupation with the ultimate endgoal of declaring both Gaza and West Bank a part of Israel proper.

Maybe Israel will annex Gaza first and than the west bank afterwards. I'm not sure. But there's no doubt at all, especially given Egypt's turn towards an Islamist government, that Islamist terrorism against Israel originates from Egypt, and thus, through Gaza.

The annexation of Gaza will solve the humanitarian crisis; It will grant Gaza's Palestinians full Israeli citizenship.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
Harry was just giving a phone interview to a Quebec, Canada newspaper, and he said that the ground invasion has NOT been confirmed at this time, though there have been many rumours.

He is back reporting now.

edit on 16-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

He has been saying a ground invasion was underway or close to it for almost 3 days now...

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join