Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 252
<< 249  250  251    253 >>

join

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Here's the problem.

If Mashaal is the one making these claims, we can't trust him. He's scheduled to retire and nothing he says will mean squat if he does.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just curious...does anyone here speak/read Arabic? Does anyone know someone here who does? U2U me. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

No, but do you have Microsoft Word? Maybe you can copy the Arabic text into a Word document, go to the "Review" tab and select "Translate", highlight or "select all" of the text and pick the English language in order to translate it and convert it for you. I know it's capable of converting English to Arabic because I just tried it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
UN meeting on the statehood of Palestine live on Al Jazz www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Al Jazeera doesn't work for me.

Here is another link to UN hearing:

www.cbc.ca...

Just tuned in, not sure if it will work outside Canada. No decision yet; should be archived as full video later.
edit on 29-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add link
edit on 29-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
WOW! UN bid passes!

Votes for: 138

against: 9

abstention: 41

* I think those are the correct #'s

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

i would like to see who the 'for' and 'against' countries are, and who abstained.

gotta linkus anyone?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Here is a tumblr with a photo of votes, scroll down:

www.tumblr.com...

Here is a cbc link with archived video of hearing, note at top right of page says where to start for actual vote:

www.cbc.ca...

Edit to add:

edit on 29-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add photo

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerschmetterling

Building tensions: Israel authorizes construction of 3,000 new settlements

That and these quotes from Hamas senior leader Mashaal..

"I told Abu Mazen (Abbas) we want this move to be part of a national Palestinian strategy" that includes "the (armed) resistance which excelled in Gaza and gave an example of the ability of the Palestinian people to resist and steadfastly confront the occupier," a confident Mashaal said.

and Hamas Prime Minister, Ismail Haniyeh...

The Hamas prime minister in Gaza, Ismail Haniyeh, praised the "diplomatic victory," linking the Israeli operation in Gaza to Thursday's vote. "What happened at the General Assembly is the height of the resistance and sacrifice of the Palestinians, and confirms the victory in Gaza. We must persist with the resistance and jihad."

www.ynetnews.com...

Everybody's off to a good start, aren't they?

Freaking hopeless!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
In the meanwhile, Iran wants everyone to recognize them for the "victory" in Gaza!

Larijani: Shiite Clerics in Iraq See Tehran behind Tel Aviv's Failure in Gaza

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani said that all the Shiite clerics residing in Iraq are aware of Tehran's key role in regional developments, especially in Gaza, and added that they consider Iran as the main cause of Gazans' victory over the Zionist regime during recent 8-day war.

english.farsnews.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Report of Israel striking Gaza violating cease-fire agreement! Here we go folks!
rt.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Uh oh.
Thanks for posting that.
Hopefully it doesn't escalate.
It may seem to Israel that world opinion of them couldn't get lower, considering the UN decision, so what's to lose? Just an observation, no offense intended.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There seems to be some confusion...RT is reporting the explosion may have been an industrial accident but now Hamas is claiming it was an Israeli attack by a tank. Hopefully this gets sorted out before an unnecessary escalation happens because of a misunderstanding.

If it WAS a violation of the ceasefire agreement...all bets are off.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here are a few tweets about it:

48Refugee ‏@48Refugee
@jncatron I know my hood. Maghazi/Buraij were under tank fire for a few days, but Deir el Balah more at risk of naval attack
Retweeted by Joe Catron

8m Joe Catron ‏@jncatron
Thanks to @48Refugee for asking if Zionist tank shells could even reach Deir al-Balah? That'd be some tank! #Gaza

10m Harry Fear ‏@harryfear
Before my eyes shut. Reliability update: Veteran (7y) Gaza journalist Yousef alHelou also reported the shelling story - on.fb.me...

14m Joe Catron ‏@jncatron
... And I hear machine-gun fire off the #Gaza Seaport. No shortage of ceasefire violations, even if Twitter is off its game tonight.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Who knows?

Jihan Hafiz ‏@JHafiz22
At Shifa docs skeptical about airstrike/tank.. said injuries resemble benzene tank explosion. common accident in #Gaza

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is terrible. I hope that it isn't true. I wish there was a live camera going so that we could at least see, and hear.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- Hamas' military wing said one of its fighters was killed early Friday when remnants of Israeli weaponry from the latest Gaza assault exploded in the northern Gaza Strip.

Mustafa Ahmad Hijazi, 25, was killed in the explosion at a military site in Jabalia camp, the Al-Qassam Brigades said.

Eight other were wounded in the blast, including two in a serious condition, the group said.

www.maannews.net...

I wonder how many of these kinds of explosions are going to be labeled as "new" over the next couple of weeks.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Not sure what's happening, just signed in to twitter, will post more if I find out more.

4m Farah Filasteen ‏@Palestinianism
Shadi Salameh al-Masharqa, 22, was hit by #IDF live bullet in his abdomen during clashes today in Southern #Hebron. #IsraelCrimes

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

<< 249  250  251    253 >>

join

ATS Live After Midnight IS ON-AIR! (there are 171 minutes remaining).
AFTER MIDNIGHT: 151: You Don't Know...

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def