It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 251
<< 248  249  250    252  253 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
AJELive ‏@AJELive
Israel's #Ehud Barak announced he is resigning from Netanyahu's cabinet, AJE's Mimi Daher reports from Jerusalem. twitter.com...
edit on 26-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I wonder what Barak's resignation is all about? Interesting

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Ehud Barak announces his resignation from political life

Defense Minister Ehud Barak announced his intention to quit political life Monday morning in a press conference at the Defense Ministry in Tel Aviv.

"I want to dedicate more time to my family. I feel I have exhausted dealing with political life, which has never been a passion of mine, and I feel there is room to allow other people to serve in senior roles in Israel," Barak said.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I must say, awkward timing by Barak.

I wonder, if Netanyahu's government is voted in again, just who will be the Defence Minister? Should we be content or worried??

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Harry Fear ‏@harryfear
Confirmed: Resistance-downed Israeli F16 fuel tank washed up on Rafah seashore, Gaza

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerschmetterling
Harry Fear ‏@harryfear
Confirmed: Resistance-downed Israeli F16 fuel tank washed up on Rafah seashore, Gaza

???? Fuel tanks are dropped all the time, so what?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
no idea, I'm no expert. Thought I'd share it, since Harry often gives good information.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Quasi related and interesting.

news.yahoo.com...

Forensic experts took samples from Yasser Arafat's buried corpse in the West Bank on Tuesday, trying to determine if he was murdered by Israeli agents using the hard-to-trace radioactive poison, Polonium.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Harry Fear ‏@harryfear

That fuel tank is from an F-15, not an F-16.

This is the fuel tank in question:

This is an F-16 fuel tank:

Notice how the back is smooth?

This is an F-15 tank:

Notice how the back has that same piece sticking up?

Now I KNOW Hamas didn't shoot down an F-15, as there have only been three F-15s ever shot down. Two in Desert Storm, and one by friendly fire when a Japanese F-15 accidentally fired a missile that hit his wingman (the only recorded air to air kill of an F-15.)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Rockets fired into Israel:

Israel girds for Gaza assault as U.S. calls for peace talks

Palestinian militants in Gaza fired rockets deep into Israel Thursday, as the Israeli military said it was being drawn into a broader confrontation with militants in Gaza. Israel Defense Forces officers told McClatchy that if the violence persists, Israel could be drawn into a large-scale operation in Gaza. "Nobody wants to see another Cast Lead," said one high-ranking official from Israel's Southern Command, which oversees Gaza. He was referring to Israel's punishing 22-day Gaza offensive, which commenced in December 2008. "The region is a big mess right now. Everything is unpredictable, and it could turn against us quickly."

edit on 27-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Hey Dragonfire that article doesnt make sense to me.
It was published 27/11/2012 (Tuesday). It refers to rockets hitting Israel on Thursday.

Palestinian militants in Gaza fired rockets deep into Israel Thursday, as the Israeli military said it was being drawn into a broader confrontation with militants in Gaza.

So why are they rehashing news like this 6 days after the fact?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Hey Dragonfire that article doesnt make sense to me.
It was published 27/11/2012 (Tuesday). It refers to rockets hitting Israel on Thursday.

Palestinian militants in Gaza fired rockets deep into Israel Thursday, as the Israeli military said it was being drawn into a broader confrontation with militants in Gaza.

So why are they rehashing news like this 6 days after the fact?

Hmmm good catch...interesting. I was not paying attention to that. Good catch. I feel like a moron now.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Nah Nah, didnt mean you mate, i meant it wierd why the website would publish this article yesterday about something happening last week with wording suggesting its recent..

odd!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Harry Fear ‏@harryfear

That fuel tank is from an F-15, not an F-16.

Harry Fear is not really a good source of information....

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well, this is an interesting development, if true:

"Palestine UN Vote Expected Thursday; Hamas Endorses Plan" By Jason Ditz
Global Research, November 27, 2012
Antiwar.com 26 November 2012
www.globalresearch.ca...

The long-discussed UN draft resolution on upgrading Palestine’s status to “non-member observer state” is expected to come to a vote on Thursday, and is receiving a last-minute shot in the arm with an endorsement from Hamas.

Hamas had previously expressed ambivalence about the move, but in the wake of last week’s Gaza War is moving toward reconciliation with Fatah, and today’s endorsement underscores how much those unity talks have already progressed.

edit on 27-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add link

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
does anybody have a update on tel aviv i would really like to know the sitituaion there i have family and a very good friend out there and why is this fight really going on i have herd so much stuff about this sitiutaion i dont know what to believe anymore please help me understand that would be great! i see this war going on to something bigger like world war 3 and over the holy land! this is just ridiculous to me

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
Well, this is an interesting development, if true:

"Palestine UN Vote Expected Thursday; Hamas Endorses Plan" By Jason Ditz
Global Research, November 27, 2012
Antiwar.com 26 November 2012
www.globalresearch.ca...

The long-discussed UN draft resolution on upgrading Palestine’s status to “non-member observer state” is expected to come to a vote on Thursday, and is receiving a last-minute shot in the arm with an endorsement from Hamas.

Hamas had previously expressed ambivalence about the move, but in the wake of last week’s Gaza War is moving toward reconciliation with Fatah, and today’s endorsement underscores how much those unity talks have already progressed.

edit on 27-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add link

I call BS on Hamas for faking unity with Fatah in order to appear innocent. I wouldn't fall for it just yet.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Hamas might struggle to explain its new position to some of its hardline supporters. As recently as Saturday, senior Hamas leader Mahmoud al-Zahar had urged Abbas not to go to New York.

Abbas's U.N. initiative "represents an ... official concession of the 1948 land," Zahar told reporters, referring to the year Israel proclaimed its independence following the end of British rule in the region.

www.trust.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Nah Nah, didnt mean you mate, i meant it wierd why the website would publish this article yesterday about something happening last week with wording suggesting its recent..

odd!

Oh I know and I can't believe I didn't catch that!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Yes...It will be interesting to see what happens. The vote is tomorrow I think.

top topics

<< 248  249  250    252  253 >>

join