It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 244
<< 241  242  243    245  246  247 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Zbigniew G ‏@Zbigniew_G
#GazaUnderAttack This afternoon a group, of mostly Gazan children, crossed over the border into Israel to inspect a rusty (1/2)

Zbigniew G ‏@Zbigniew_G
#GazaUnderAttack previously-bombed Israeli jeep jst over the green line from Gaza's Khan Yunis; Israeli soldiers opened fire injuring 4. 2/2
edit on 22-11-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The cease fire has already been technically broken by hamas but.. they'll be dealt with through proper channels and not return fire.

­Nov. 22, 00:57 GMT: Israeli military has confirmed that at least five rockets had been fired at Israel from Gaza since the implementation of the ceasefire. “We have counted five rockets fired from Gaza since 21:00 Wednesday,” the Israeli military's press service told Ria Novosti. “Three of them landed in Israel, while two were intercepted. We did not fire back.” Earlier Reuters reported that 12 rockets were fired from Gaza, citing a police source.

These are some more "up to date" updates.
--
Nov. 22, 14:40 GMT: An Israeli soldier injured by mortar fire from Gaza on Wednesday has died from his wounds. The casualty brings Israel’s death toll in the conflict to six. The IDF identified the soldier as Boris Yarmulnik, 28, from the town of Netanya in northern Israel.

Nov. 22, 11:54 GMT: IDF chief Benny Ganz has ordered that reserve soldiers called up during the ‘Pillar of Defense’ operation gradually be discharged.

Nov. 22, 11:42 GMT: Israel could resume its missile attacks on Gaza at any point should Hamas violate the truce called on Wednesday, warned Defense Minister Ehud Barak.

­Nov. 22, 11:40 GMT: The ceasefire is an acceptable step for Israel-Gaza relations for the time being, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.

Nov. 22, 09:32 GMT: Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas has sent special envoy Bassam al-Salhi on a three-day visit to China. Al-Salhi will hold talks with Chinese officials on a number of issues, including an appeal by PA leaders for Beijing to intervene in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The envoy is also expected to ask for support for the PA's request for non-observer status in the UN. The visit is widely seen as a sign of China’s growing influence in the Middle East.
edit on 11/22/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
‏@AnonOpsSweden
URGENT PRESS STATEMENT | #Gaza's Shifa #Hospital Calls For Urgent Medical #Supplies wp.me... via @occpal #SupportGaza

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I haven't been able to find any live feeds. The ones I have are either showing something else, or showing something prerecorded.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I just don't think this over yet, I can't wrap my head around it, but it doesn't make any sense at all.
Why would they make a cease fire?

Give Either Hamas or the IDF a chance to reload their arsenal.

+ The Iranian PM officially stated it was gonna aid Hamas with technical support and rockets capable of a larger range. ( Those asking for links check a few pages back its all in here. )

+ Now i'm hearing on RT "Morsi issues declaration widening his powers, prohibits dissolution of assembly writing new constitution" Just right after he successfully created a cease fire?
Link

Perfect timing to get the support of the people since he now stands for a president of peace.

+ We have turkey asking for Patriot missiles on its Syrian borders.
It doesn't make any sense and it really keeps me awake.
edit on 22-11-2012 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
From Twitter.

Maysara Al Arabeed ‏@Maysara_ara

BREAKING: #Israel violates the truce, one man has been injured by Israeli bullets east of KhanYounis #Gaza #GazaUnderAttack

Amna Abdul Rahman ‏@AmnaaR

Noam Chomsky: "You can't defend yourself when you're militarily occupying someone else's land." #GazaUnderAttack

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Celebratory gunfire kills man in Gaza following truce.

A Palestinian man was killed by errant gunfire celebrating the end of the eight-day Israeli bombardment of Gaza. Three were also wounded as tens of thousands of Palestinians celebrated in the streets following the announcement of a truce.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Truce violated by both sides? Rockets hit Israel as drones circle over Gaza.

The recent truce between Israel and Hamas has already been violated by both sides, but may hold regardless unless Israel responds to provocations from groups not affiliated with Hamas, John Glaser from Antiwar.com told RT.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 22-11-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm going to post this here, even though it is off topic (and I will remove it if asked) because in the last few pages there have been comments made about Syria - about starting a thread to document what's happening, whether it is a 'legitimate revolution' or whether it is an uprising that may have been started by mostly peaceful legitimate protesters/revolutionaries which has been hijacked by foreign entities, for their own agendas, that the original revolutionaries and the Syrian people now want no part of.

It is a fairly short video, under 7 min. It mainly asks the question, who benefits for this? The people/countries supporting the 'rebels', what do they usually stand for and support, what are their usual aims and agendas, and does this then make sense in the context of what we're seeing/being told?

"...So what you're asking us to believe is that a revolution which is supported by McCain, by Lieberman, by Britain, France, America, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar is a revolution for the good, for truth? Is that what you're asking me to believe?"

edit on 22-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

edit on 22-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Tons of pictures from all over. Israel, Gaza, and other areas.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Thank you for this. I'll watch the video. I think a thread on Syria would be great if we could get one started. I wouldn't know where to start. I haven't really been following it much. Hopefully someone will make one.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just finishing up looking through all those pictures. Such amazing, heartbreaking pictures.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
@Catriona

I like this one, b/c he is not telling us what to believe, he is asking questions about how can it possibly make sense, be for the Syrian people's benefit, for their freedom, when the countries supporting it don't care about those things in their own countries, or by their actions in other areas etc.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
@curiouscanadian777

Ty! This is truth.

A good question holds more truth then an answer.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

interesting times we live in for as they seek china, china seeks to further Russia relations, link www.upi.com... notable on the same day.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
FreeNabeelRajab ‏@Taltool11
Sterilize Palestinian ppl, Dutch writer Leon de Winter says with #Israel -i ambassador listening | electronicintifada.net... … #GazaUnderAttack

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatrionaBeldame
reply to post by intrptr

Thank you for sharing the video. Just watched it. Those didn't look like terror operatives to me. Interesting part with the Iron Dome. I'd been wondering about it. In my mind, I thought it was a dome made out of strong material that covered most of Israel. Like a huge bowl.

Thank you for that reply. I didn't see any "terror operatives" either. That was the point? Of course I think the Israelis see terror everywhere. Anyone that was killed during Pillar of Bomb-- I mean --Cloud, was a terrorist, right? Babies that would have grown up to be terrorists anyway and every 1000 pound surgery performed on Gaza wiped out a basement filled with rockets.

Operation "Pillar of Defense" wasn't defensive either. The only defensive weapon Israel deployed that whole week was iron umbre---, I mean ---Dome. American tax payers paid for it and built most of the weapons.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
breaking news:

Israeli security forces have arrested the suspects they allege were behind the bombing attack on a Tel Aviv bus. Authorities claim the attack was planned by Hamas operatives.

­DETAILS TO FOLLOW

source: RT source

top topics

<< 241  242  243    245  246  247 >>

join